Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane second rounder not ours, which we got for Ryan.
Still a second rounder though. And based on how well the Lions are going it might not be far off the value of our original one.

I like that when he flies for the ball be it a mark or ruck contest that he hits the body of his opponent, it’s all legal and doesn’t allow his opponent to make much impact on the play.

It seems to be a trend that he’s quiet early in games until he’s had his first run in the ruck as I believe it brings him into the game.
Could be some merit in starting the game in the centre bounce and then push forward.

He’s been pretty good for us so far

I like that when he flies for the ball be it a mark or ruck contest that he hits the body of his opponent, it’s all legal and doesn’t allow his opponent to make much impact on the play.

It seems to be a trend that he’s quiet early in games until he’s had his first run in the ruck as I believe it brings him into the game.
Could be some merit in starting the game in the centre bounce and then push forward.

He’s been pretty good for us so far
Yep - touching on his stated aim preseason to be more consistent within games, I agree we should throw him into the ruck each quarter around the 5 minute mark to get him involved, get a couple of touches and then push back deep forward and let Meek or Reeves resume.

Not sure why everyone is under rating him, playing unbelievable, his stints in the ruck really help him get into the game and when he flys for mark his hard to stop.

Fitness is building a bit more now his runs are great to watch, I shudder to think what we would look like without him

Not sure why everyone is under rating him, playing unbelievable, his stints in the ruck really help him get into the game and when he flys for mark his hard to stop.

Fitness is building a bit more now his runs are great to watch, I shudder to think what we would look like without him
His runs are excellent. Wonder if we can get him to work on that more so he looks to do it more in games. Would be a super player if we can get him to another level.

Love the crash and bash too.

And he is so creative with the ball.

His runs are excellent. Wonder if we can get him to work on that more so he looks to do it more in games. Would be a super player if we can get him to another level.

Love the crash and bash too.

And he is so creative with the ball.
You put it very well. He has been the biggest shock of the season to date. He is playing completely opposite to the general consensus by both Richmond and GC.

I've been really impressed so far. Will be interesting to see how he responds to being #1 forward in Lewis' absence, and having to provide leadership for (I assume) Ramsden when he comes in.

Reckong he'd be in the top 3-5ish for BNF at this point.

Super happy to see Chol back his work up last week with another solid outing, his teammates are starting to take notice and directing the ball in to him more too.

I didn't know what to expect when we nabbed him, I knew his best was very good, but this is beyond that. He's a physical presence when he's involved in the game. He still drifts out at times, but this week he was involved for almost the entire outing.

You put it very well. He has been the biggest shock of the season to date. He is playing completely opposite to the general consensus by both Richmond and GC.

I think that at the point the coach of those clubs is aware of Chol being sexually assaulted by his teammates when they were singing the club song, and having his genitals touched through clothing by them at random moments, it's pretty clear the elevator was never going to go all the way to the top floor in regard to his playing ability.

Which seems ironic given his playing is doing the talking now, and as long as he keeps it up there's more than egg on the faces of the people making those claims.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's athletic, can run, can jump. He can clunk a grab and slot a sausage. Maybe I shouldn't say this, but so far he's had a tendency to hurt opposition players without getting into trouble for it. Is a solid backup ruck too.

The weakness is when the ball is on the ground. He seems all at sea in that situation. Anyone else noticed that?

Anyone notice Chol getting after the north players near the end of Q2 when they bumped Moore after he marked?

He halved a ton of contests as the #1 tall forward and set up a number of scores with great field kicking. Great addition to the team!

He can motor too. Perhaps build fitness some more to take advantage

Super happy to see Chol back his work up last week with another solid outing, his teammates are starting to take notice and directing the ball in to him more too.

I didn't know what to expect when we nabbed him, I knew his best was very good, but this is beyond that. He's a physical presence when he's involved in the game. He still drifts out at times, but this week he was involved for almost the entire outing.

I think that at the point the coach of those clubs is aware of Chol being sexually assaulted by his teammates when they were singing the club song, and having his genitals touched through clothing by them at random moments, it's pretty clear the elevator was never going to go all the way to the top floor in regard to his playing ability.

Which seems ironic given his playing is doing the talking now, and as long as he keeps it up there's more than egg on the faces of the people making those claims.
It's no surprise to me that he's performing well, given his story and the stage of his career. Last chances tend to focus the mind. The sexual assault at Richmond and ending up 4th in line at Cold Toast were no doubt destructive. I thought all he needed was a supportive environment and a chance. I think he got the first and grabbed the chance with both hands. I actually think he's got further to go, with improvements from playing with Lewis and his own confidence improving. High ceiling for Mabs.

A great POD is a player who can kick it 50+ with ease. Means he can bypass the D50 and have a shot, even if it's a one in three hit rate it's probably better than putting it to the tip of the square.

Very happy with Chol.
He probably could add more aggression to his game. But that's simple to fix. He's also very unselfish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back