Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope for his sake he has bonuses linked to the tackles KPI! Such a great achievement. Really love watching him play and what he brings to the side. Sam and co have put together such a unique blend of players, strengths and personalities.

I think it will be interesting to see if Chol backs it up in his second year, had a great first year at the suns then fell away in his second.

I think it will be interesting to see if Chol backs it up in his second year, had a great first year at the suns then fell away in his second.
Why would you not be confident that he couldn't maintain or improve his efforts going into his second year with us?

I think he'll score more goals, assists, tackles etc as he'll have been in our system for the year, will have played with the forwards and understood their game styles etc and will take so much confidence (not that he needs it) out of seeing what our relatively inexperienced forward setup has been able to achieve in its first year with him there.

Our game style suits his skill set even when he is playing as the No.1 KPF, not No. 2 like he was at GC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall, Chol had his worst game for the Hawks that I have seen in the Elimination Final against the dogs.

He did a lot right, but oh so much wrong.

He was great at doing the 1%ers with his ability to bring the ball to the ground. And then he was also awful at stopping Lobb from marking.

During Hawks attacks, Chol should have taken at least 3 easy marks in front of Goal but confounding dropped them.
He tried a few amazing high marks, but dropped them as well. If he just took the easy marks.., I'd be happy.

I'm sure I heard a Bronx cheer from the crowd for the mark he actually took on a wing. And then he (being usually an excellent kick) sprayed the kick to the boundary.

The guy is an enigma. Fortunately our team's 3rd qtr dominance was able to win the game despite Chol's inept performance.

Mabior needs to get some grippo on his hands and be better in the next 3 games. We cannot assume our 1st Year players will hold our scoring together.... as they did against the dogs.

A poor performance in a final should be the kick for Chol to perform better in the next final.

I love what Chol brings, But dropping easy marks is not a part of his script.

Wasn’t a great game. Still played better than Gunston. Every player can’t be brilliant every week. He’ll bounce back.

Job 1 was bring the ball to ground. I know lobb took some marks but chol still brought a lot of balls to ground. And there were some plays where he shook off opponents with that hip swivle thing he does and opened up the play. And his effort never waned. A lot to build on for next week.

Wasn’t a great game. Still played better than Gunston. Every player can’t be brilliant every week. He’ll bounce back.
Jones was invisible. Gunston played his role.

The guy is an enigma. Fortunately our team's 3rd qtr dominance was able to win the game despite Chol's inept performance.

Mabior needs to get some grippo on his hands and be better in the next 3 games. We cannot assume our 1st Year players will hold our scoring together.... as they did against the dogs.

A poor performance in a final should be the kick for Chol to perform better in the next final.

Had an off night with his marking. That hardly makes this little synopsis true. We can’t assume that Watson, Ginni, Dear and Croc are going to hit the score sheet? Why not - they’ve been doing it all through the season. Chol was well contained by his opponent, had pressure on him almost every time the ball came his way and even getting into good positions he wasn’t quite clunking them. He was still doing what he needed to do around the ground and getting the ball to ground. I would take Chol’s game on Friday over anything Kosi produced this year. Bloke has had a tremendous year, has been a huge part of our success and a key reason our forward line doesn’t look frustratingly inept this year.

Your comment makes it sound like he’s on his last warning - he’s had a great year and had a down night in some aspects. Him copping the defensive focus helped others thrive - it’s exactly what we needed from him. If he’s playing the foil for Dear and our smalls then they’ll have a similar game again.

Was injured in his MOTY attempt in the second.
Assume was a major cork, he was grabbing at his glute post.
A night of almosts, but think we hold our key forwards to an impossible standard.
The point of having multiple threats is of course someone will be held in big games against the best.

Wasn't his night but he still kept leaping at the ball and presenting.

How nice is it to have a forward who actually leads at the ball carrier. Lewis hopefully taking some notes in his time off.

JUH is meant to be their best and most highly paid forward. Chol matched his output for a fraction of the price.
Showed a ridiculous amount more ticker too. JUH was invisible for most of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back