Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t help but see a lot of James Podsiadly in this guy. Mature age recruit who took it to a new level in his late 20s.

I’m more and more impressed by what Chols Royce is doing every week.
I was outraged for a second, not the worst comparison all things considered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks lackadaisical but definitely not one to mess with.

he has the ability - just needs to be harnessed correctly and it looks like we have done so.

Very underrated in how competitive he is, more conditioning and confidence and it will be a at very high level.

One of those pleasing parts of our drafting and also misses on the trade table is how competitive a person we pick up

Article in the age (without paywall)

Good article, thanks for posting. So glad to see him make good. I had no doubt he would perform with us given his history, I was surprised at the folks who so negative about his recruitment. Scrimshaw is another one of those under achievers who's come good with us. It's a great thing for the players themselves, good for us fans and a positive reflection on our coaches/system. If you ever find yourself in a position to train/teach/coach people, you get a great buzz when one of you charges starts performing to their ability.

Chases, tackles, flies for marks, rucks, works up onto wings, stands up for teammates.

Great to see him playing so consistently well.
And so lazily.

The little things he does are my favourite

Twice I remember him running full tilt at the player kicking the ball to try and influence the kick. Those things are little psychological wins
He competes for everything and looks like he's having a ripping time in doing so

When we drafted him I said he could be our “buddy-lite”. He’s now on track for 35 goals without finals.

I think we’re about to see the best of him.
I actually think he's got another level or two to go.
Only 27, his display in the ruck space yesterday was incredible- I don't think we've got a finished product here by any stretch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back