Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

It is just so noticeable when he gets the ball he never panics and chooses good options. Plays with maturity beyond his actual experience
Not just when we are on attack. So often he is in an awkward position or tight on the bounday. Then nails the kick. Gets us out of trouble better than anyone else.

I wonder if we were looking at him all year or only once his contract dispute came along, I never watched him at the scum.

As I don’t take any notice of players at other clubs.

I wonder if we were looking at him all year or only once his contract dispute came along, I never watched him at the scum.

We were going to pick him instead of Ramsden. When the opportunity to pick him up came we pounced

Info is that the Hawks liked and had spoken to Massi for the MSD. But the Dons had first call…. And so took him…. But we did amazingly well …. Getting Rama. … and then for a pittance we got Massi. All is well that ends well.

My ITK person also said that she thought Massi would be looking for a big upgrade in his wage once his 2 year contract is up. I tried to hide my smile… knowing his upgrade will be HUGE. I do not know how the Hawks do their pay structure, but if Massi is not getting “extras”, given the Hawks are near minimum payments, I’d be very surprised.

Last edited:
Info is that the Hawks liked and had spoken to Massi for the MSD. But the Dons had first call…. And so took him…. But we did amazingly well …. Getting Rama. … and then for a pittance we got Massi. All is well that ends well.
Massimo, Rama and Blanck from the one mid season draft isn't a half bad outcome.

Massimo, Rama and Blanck from the one mid season draft isn't a half bad outcome.
Love this call.

Duke is the mid-season draft poster boy. There may never be one as good as him. He is the one player that every other team wished they could have … but missed.

Yet Massi is currently top 10 IMO in the Hawks B&F, Rama is dominating the VFL in multiple positions (100% ready for AFL) and Blanck was set for a year at full back before his injury.

The mid season draft needs to have a name change: HAWKS GET THE BEST you lot get the dregs.

Too much? I don’t care.

Love this call.

Duke is the mid-season draft poster boy. There may never be one as good as him. He is the one player that every other team wished they could have … but missed.

Yet Massi is currently top 10 IMO in the Hawks B&F, Rama is dominating the VFL in multiple positions (100% ready for AFL) and Blanck was set for a year at full back before his injury.

The mid season draft needs to have a name change: HAWKS GET THE BEST you lot get the dregs.

Too much? I don’t care.
We've made out like Ned Kelly from the mid season draft.

Traded Brandon Ryan for a second rounder which we traded for Chol, for a bonus mention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mass is a ridiculous asset for the price paid. Only 21 and already pushing into AA discussions
Plays way beyond his years. Absolutely thriving. 21. And so is Ginnivan.

This will be the biggest own goal of Dodo's career, and will be spoken about for years to come.

And I'm here for it.
dodoro GIF by AFL

The remarkable thing about D'Ambrosio is that for every game I've been impressed with him I don't remember a single thing he's done wrong, I remember far more occasions where I'm shocked by things he's doing well that I never expected him to. The spoils, smothers, pressure acts and so on.

The remarkable thing about D'Ambrosio is that for every game I've been impressed with him I don't remember a single thing he's done wrong, I remember far more occasions where I'm shocked by things he's doing well that I never expected him to. The spoils, smothers, pressure acts and so on.
He's the anti-Frost...

Seriously though, he reminds me of Burgoyne with ball in hand - you just know he's going to make the right decision AND execute disposal efficiently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

Back