Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

This kid is a gun, and he's still growing each week. We knew his kicking was elite, but so is his run, and he had some great hands today too.
Most impressive are his hustle and toughness. They said he'd shirk contests, he hasn't done it once. He puts his body on the line, and goes in hard every time. Even had one of the commentators confusing him with Newk.

Getting him from Essendon for nothing makes it even better.
On his debut I was impressed but the thing I didn't expect was that he was hard at it all the way through.

I think he's a lock for AA now. By the way Buckley was talking too, it sounds like he already was before the game started. I'd also say Cornes would advocate for him too.
Yes Buckley’s comments were noteworthy. Cornes will want half the team in there. At least with Ling gone, Stewart’s name isn’t inked in at the start of the season

I think he's a lock for AA now. By the way Buckley was talking too, it sounds like he already was before the game started. I'd also say Cornes would advocate for him too.
Cornes a week or two ago seemed hesitant to leave out 'better' players that weren't wingers for him which surprised me. Hopefully he was just trying to keep his cards close to his chest.

Absolutely gun. We all know one of the centre bounce mids will take his place. The reason the all Aus team means nothing now

Has to be a serious chance now for AA.

Absolutely. He will surely be in the squad?

Gulden will get one wing position, but they will give the other to someone like Treloar, Zerrett, Naicos, Butters or Sheezel perhaps.

They'll give it to a midfielder. But I reckon another running defender would be more realistic and deserving. Guys like Whitfield, Clark, Holmes, Houston, etc. spend plenty of time out on the wings.

If not D'Ambrosio then I'd love to see Flanders get in the side, he's had an incredible season and hasn't had a single quiet or poor game.

Last edited:
Essendon board posters still trying to convince themselves that Mass weaknesses are just being covered over by wins.

"Duursma's been just as good" 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon board posters still trying to convince themselves that Mass weaknesses are just being covered over by wins.

"Duursma's been just as good" 😂

Delusion is all they have at this rate - let them overindulge.

on the bombers' board (before and after the trade) they were concerned with his defensive efforts. not an expert but haven't noticed this as an issue this season at all? (TV watcher, don't live in VIC.) seems to run both ways and has laid some great tackles?
I did see a bit of talk about how he was quite soft, didn't like the tough stuff. From pretty much day 1 at the Hawks he was smothering, tackling, spoiling. Probably the quickest I've ever noticed a player being that "heart and soul" guy since coming across.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

Back