Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

God, I love Mitchell Lewis. I was very sad when I heard he wouldn’t be playing this week. That being said, I believe this is the perfect opportunity for Callow to debut. Though, I'm not getting my hopes up that he will.
Ok, I really love Mitchell Lewis. Please hamstring repair yourself. We can't do anything without him, CJ, Reeves and Bramble.

I was just about to post this, 12kg in 2 months is insane numbers.
I remember reading about what happened to Hafthor Bjornnson when he had some pretty crazy weight gains at different stages in his life. Several magnitudes more extreme of course but 12kg is nothing to sneeze at!

I could see him building towards this form last year before that whole boxing shemozzle.

He is a 199cm unit with a great set of hands and now has the aerobic capacity to compete all game. Those are great traits to possess as a key forward.

Really the sky is the limit for Mitch and as others have already said he seems like a really likeable, thoughtful lad so I am pleased as punch for him.

I feel like he’s not far off really getting hold of an opponent and kicking 6 or 7 on a day when our midfield clicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the few highlights yesterday was watching the Lewis Kozi combination working together. Once they learn each others game playing another season or so could be an effective marriage for the years ahead.

Can we please get Lewis to manage Day’s diet during the next off season!
Imagine how big Lewis will be next year

The hawks tenth at the start of the 4th both Lewis and kosi were in the packs behind the wing position and won them decisively , caught richmond off guard with a quick transition leading to Bruest goal which was the highlight for us, forced forward in it must be said richmond style chain.

Good memories of a former red head #2 getting in and around the packs when required

At his current average he'd still be sitting 2nd in the Coleman ladder if he hadn't missed those 3 games. Would need to have a few 6+ goal games to catch back up.

He has a real presence about him now. Our ball movement under Sam is now creating genuine one-on-one opportunities for him. He is going to be something else in another 50 games time. He really has all the tools to be the next Hawkins.

Don’t you just love looking back and remembering morons arguing black and blue for TOB over Mitch…
Honestly Mitch wasn't fit enough back then didn't get to many contests and was a work in progress. Some of his efforts in game led him to be dropped. He has had a few preseasons since then and worked hard on his fitness and body shape. Its reward for effort. Nothing beats having a uninterrupted pre season for a footballer. Have a look at Kosi last year. Finally Kosi is now getting back to fitness where he can impact the way he wants to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back