Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

1afd1c2b479bd2db0802503fdb775f21.png

Only one game he's kicked less than 3.

Mitchell Lewis is a top KPF this year and we are probably still paying him like he's not much more than a new draftee.
All the other forwards on that list, perhaps except for C.Cameron, are on top money.

Mitchell Lewis is a top KPF this year and we are probably still paying him like he's not much more than a new draftee.
All the other forwards on that list, perhaps except for C.Cameron, are on top money.
Contract is probably bigger than you expect signed on for 3 years I think after his first break out year in 2019, finished that season on fire and I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't already on 400-500k

3@700k Brings him into FA windows as RFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1afd1c2b479bd2db0802503fdb775f21.png

Only one game he's kicked less than 3.
I've (almost) always had a lot of confidence in Lewis, there was a short while in 2021 where I could see it slipping a little bit but he's really grabbed the opportunity with both hands now he's fit and the role is 100% his. Copped a fair bit on the main board a few years back for suggesting that his best form stacked up with or exceeded most of the other lauded top young key forwards - feeling a bit vindicated now.

Only Curnow averaging more goals per game in 2022.

Mitch is having a breakout year.
How good is it to trust a tall forward to win a contest and clunk?

Then he can slot them 55 metres out on an angle and **** me it went straight through the middle too.

He really is turning into a marque forward.

He also seems like a new leader in the front half too and not a dickhead - which is a rare thing for a marquee forward I’ll add

I've (almost) always had a lot of confidence in Lewis, there was a short while in 2021 where I could see it slipping a little bit but he's really grabbed the opportunity with both hands now he's fit and the role is 100% his. Copped a fair bit on the main board a few years back for suggesting that his best form stacked up with or exceeded most of the other lauded top young key forwards - feeling a bit vindicated now.
Same.
It was his ability to stand his ground and grab contested marks that always had me thinking he would come through.
Broad shoulders, great hands...and I hadn't realised he had such a capacity to run all day.
Also has genuine hunger to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back