Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell Lewis is the best young key forward in the game. Unlike Aaron Naughton and Max King, he can kick from more than 30m out while also being a marking beast.

Last edited:

Hasn't gone a game without scoring a goal since round 17, 2020.

Was looking like that streak might have been ruined on Saturday night until he kicked that pretty impressive goal from outside 50 in the last quarter.

Just imagine how good Mitchell could be if we had even a half decent midfield!

We really need to recruit some class midfielders big time these next couple of seasons to make the most of having a dominant key forward like we have right now.

And I mean proper mids, not rangy half back flankers that we try and shoehorn into a midfielders role.

Mitchell Lewis is the best young key forward in the game. Unlike Aaron Naughton and Max King, he can kick from more than 30m out while also being a marking beast.

I'd agree with this.

I think he will be one of the top 3 key forwards in the AFL over the next decade.

Just imagine how good Mitchell could be if we had even a half decent midfield!

We really need to recruit some class midfielders big time these next couple of seasons to make the most of having a dominant key forward like we have right now.

And I mean proper mids, not rangy half back flankers that we try and shoehorn into a midfielders role.
He’s doing so well with a poor midfield, when he gets silver service he’s going to be great to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riewoldt will be big on Lewis after today you'd think.
When Mitch charged out like a freight train at that ball you could hear the excitement in his voice.

He just gave us a contest continuously in conditions that really shouldn’t suit him.

Always has had a great set of mitts on him, the anti Timmy O one might say!

Also he's probably understanding now just how much bigger he is than pretty much everyone on the field and is exploiting that difference to his advantage.

Plus his aerobic capacity seems markedly better this year.

I've always had wraps on the lad, even when he struggled early on you could see the crazy potential he had when he would drag in a contested mark out of nowhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back