Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : MSD Pick 12, Brandon Ryan, debuts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ramsden is well in front of Ryan for that role.
I thought that but Ryan is a fair bit older, if he's going to force his way in perhaps this gives him a chance.

Additionally I wouldn't want to smash up Ramsden...who would break a butterfly on the wheel and all that.

Anyway I'm watching the cricket!

Haha Stokes going bunta, MCC members feral in the long room at lunch. Brilliant.

Would be interested to see what Ryan's running stats are. Reportedly good endurance. But he looked really cooked coming off the ground each time on the weekend. Hope it meant he was working his ass off not that he was blowing up.

Found the ball up fwd around the 50m arc. Obv didn't convert.

Worked up the ground and got his hands to a few but not many stuck. Was wet so keen to see how he goes in the dry.

He didn't look AFL ready to me based on that performance but might find a groove in better conditions settling into the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Box Hill took a significant step towards securing their return to finals football, defeating a spirited and fast-finishing GWS in Sydney last Saturday.

Brandon Ryan (4 goals, 17 disposals, 4 marks)

“Brandon was really good again in his ability to provide a target up front. He finished with the four goals straight this week which is a great reward for the hard work that he has put in for the short amount of time he’s been at the club. For Brandon now it's about continuing to adjust to the speed of the game and making those decisions defensively and offensively as quick as possible so he can help his teammates. He got caught out a few times with his defensive transition when maybe he thought he couldn’t have an impact in the defensive game. If he responds quicker to what's happening it allows his teammates to adjust and give us a better balance behind the ball. Just those little things we’ll continue to work on, we’ve had some really simple focusses for him and he’s meeting them which is exciting. He is showing some really good signs so hopefully he can continue on that trajectory.”

Some murmurings of a debut this week.
Much as I want to see DGB up forward, Blanck out with a concussion could well shove him back into defence. Ryan debut up forward, DGB rolled back into defence. It makes a lot of sense.

You don't draft a bloke at that age unless you can see him playing straight away.

I think Blanck out means Sicily just takes his spot.

Hoping the Ryan debut murmurings are true, would love to see him as part of a 3 prong tall forward line. Should really stretch the undermanned Kangas.

3 talls plus Wingard & Greene? That ball is pinging out of there quicker than anything.

2 talls for me. Move DGB to the backline and get some hard units to lock the ball up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back