Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Sam Frost. Extends to 2024!

Remove this Banner Ad

Now in his third season at his third club, Frost, who originally hails from Ormond and the Sandringham Dragons, has signed a two-year contract extension, giving him stability until the end of 2024, and a home he hopes to finish his career at.

With Blanck and DGB developing, I'm keen to see a more attacking role from Frost. He can be a really damaging running defender.

Change damaging to exciting. He's probably the last player in the senior side you'd want kicking out of the backline after he's gone on a 20m tear.

We need someone running shotgun with him to get the handball, so he doesn't kick. But no one could keep up.

Change damaging to exciting. He's probably the last player in the senior side you'd want kicking out of the backline after he's gone on a 20m tear.

We need someone running shotgun with him to get the handball, so he doesn't kick. But no one could keep up.

Get CJ to shadow him - would be a potent combo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, always exciting to watch him running from half back.

Set the tone for our bouncy back 6, and made a huge impact on the way those younger players around him win contests and burst forward.

Stoked that we'll get to see him evolve with the team over two more years.

He's just a rare mix of speed, height, and attacking minded toughness.

I'd like to see him moved up to the Wing.

He has the size & defensive nous that we can use him as a bail-out option if pressured coming out of Defence & he's an above average mark. He's close enough to the quickest on our list (in a straight line, anyway) & he breaks lines or runs straight through them.

Get him the ball on the wing & he'll not f*** around with it - he'll charge forward & have opposition defenders in all sorts of panic. And, he can kick goals from 55m.

It's the little chippy kicks that worry...long kicks to a contest are fine.

As our forward system improves, his long bombs to general 'zones' (where the forward leading patterns go) could be a feature of our game.

I love that they only showed one kick!
That's what I was thinking watching. Almost like the whole package was a pisstake. Just a minute of continuous runs but cutting just before the kick and ending on perhaps the only incidence where it found a target :tearsofjoy:

It's the little chippy kicks that worry...long kicks to a contest are fine.

As our forward system improves, his long bombs to general 'zones' (where the forward leading patterns go) could be a feature of our game.
And he has a roost on him to, agree his long kicking is normally good, frosty should be banned over 20m tho

I was interested to see what Sam and the club had in store for Frosty.
He was moved out of full back and I wasn't sure if he was being fazed out.

2 years means Sam rates him as a handy player to have in the squad, which he is.
That's exactly how I would describe him.

Not a star but definetly handy to have on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back