Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

True, what player wouldn’t want to go to a club where you get to lose by 100 points on a regular basis.

He’s every chance to be with us moving forward, until we hear otherwise.
Been saying it all year, he is most likely gone. It’s now just a matter of whether we get fair compensation ( 2nd round pick at best - true value first round pick in the teens) Ball is in Tyler’s court, he either tells WCE to do a fair trade with us or we accept whatever they offer us ( most likely 3rd round pick ) or nothing - they walk him through to the pre season draft

Interesting times ahead

Been saying it all year, he is most likely gone. It’s now just a matter of whether we get fair compensation ( 2nd round pick at best - true value first round pick in the teens) Ball is in Tyler’s court, he either tells WCE to do a fair trade with us or we accept whatever they offer us ( most likely 3rd round pick ) or nothing - they walk him through to the pre season draft

Interesting times ahead
I wouldnt be listening to cleary. I mean a hamstring injury turned into substance abuse. Brocky is pretty happy at the club. Has settled in

Interesting times ahead
...or he'll stay at Hawthorn? :shrug:

I'm hoping for a big game from Tyler Brockman today. He's become sort of a barometer for this side. He's showing great signs when he's on, but he's just too young and inconsistent at the moment. It's good to have a forward again who feels like they're going to do something magical when they touch the ball. It would be a great shame if we lost him, but I think we all understand if he were to leave to go back to WA.

Been saying it all year, he is most likely gone.
You said it all last year too, and he went nowhere.

Maybe just wait and let it play out rather than declaring “he’s gone”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting times ahead

Based on what, you wanting be right?

He's with us this year, and you said he was already gone.

Now you're just being silly, throwing in your trade hypothesis etc. Imagining a scenario

The fact is that you have no clue what he's doing again, and you're just guessing a negative outcome based on where he came from and the length of his contract extension.

Last edited:
A young interstate player with a young family who is off contract this late in the season doesn’t bode well. Hopefully he signs as he has a lot of talent but we couldn’t be surprised if he requested a move. If he does move, hopefully he is at least willing to go to either Perth side so west coast can’t screw us with PSD threat. West Coast would have to be a very unappealing prospect though, save for proximity to family

A young interstate player with a young family who is off contract this late in the season doesn’t bode well. Hopefully he signs as he has a lot of talent but we couldn’t be surprised if he requested a move. If he does move, hopefully he is at least willing to go to either Perth side so west coast can’t screw us with PSD threat. West Coast would have to be a very unappealing prospect though, save for proximity to family
Yeah, I've got a gut feel that it may be his opportunity to get back home. Interestingly I think this is starting to have a bit of a 2001 feel about it. Everybody would love the no:1 for obvious reasons. Hawthorn could possibly even be the instigator in some sort of package ... Before everybody jumps down my throat just remember that nobody saw the events of 01 unfolding and we do have some trade currency with a couple of WA boys and a high draft pick.

Anyway I'm not counting anything out, just hoping the recruiting department make the best decisions for the club.

Last edited:
If Brockman asks to be traded he could be the luke Mcpharlin in the luke Hodge deal. An lets remember we also got Mitchell out of that trade via later draft picks.

Brocky worth a first rounder no doubt. Our cleanest and arguably most talented player.
Absolutely... I'm not interested in the old conversation of where we drafted him.

Where would he be ranked now in his draft field.
Suitors need to be prepared to pay.

My preference is that Brocky stays and goes on to have a career befitting of his talent.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely... I'm not interested in the old conversation of where we drafted him.

My preference is that Brocky stays and goes on to have a career befitting of his talent.

If he wants to go to West Coast we are definitely getting unders.

Like you say hopefully he stays.

I reckon everyone's preference is Brocky staying and having an amazing career with us. Hoping the news drops soon that he's re-signed. A good week to drop that news as we were pretty decent vs GWS. Perhaps (not sure how the hawks media want to spin things) we are looking to drop some news this week and then more after we beat Kangaroos (finger's crossed) at Marvel.

The more weeks pass, the more nervous people will get.

With no deal done yet maybe just maybe Brocky is after an extra year that we are yet to offer. For example maybe we’ve offered him a 4 year deal but he wants an extra year.

Either way if you put yourself in his shoes it’s actually pretty smart business by his manager to hold out as long as possible so he can extract as many years and as much $$$ as possible. I mean the man has 2 kids to feed 😂

With no deal done yet maybe just maybe Brocky is after an extra year that we are yet to offer. For example maybe we’ve offered him a 4 year deal but he wants an extra year.

Either way if you put yourself in his shoes it’s actually pretty smart business by his manager to hold out as long as possible so he can extract as many years and as much $$$ as possible. I mean the man has 2 kids to feed 😂

This is true, we have no idea what is going on with him, but there's a lot that goes into a contract.

There's been plenty of instances where players have gone, but just as many where they've stayed after dragging things out to gain more leverage or better terms.

Who is his management? Their negotiating style might tell us something about the way they deal in situations like this.

Definitely couldn't be any worse than peeps just pulling something out of their butt and posting it over and over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back