Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

He has a loser mentality. Accepts mediocrity. This bloke won't last as he's an idiot.

Or he has exactly the right mentality for the task he has been handed. A team cruelled by umpires and injuries and instability. Surely a coach in those circumstances needs to adjust his expectations to realistic level in order to make the most of the opportunities this presents. He has had to play 41 players, including 4 AFL debutantes, 2 other players who had never played for Richmond before, and 4 more players who had played 6 or less AFL games coming into this season, and a truckload of other players under 30 AFL games experience when the season commenced.

Looked at from another angle, only about 7-8 players have played over 10 matches(2/3rds of the season) in a role they were settled in coming into this season. Bart Cummings couldn't coach that successfully. Especially when you are playing against a strong stable well stocked team at the top of their game like today.

He has a loser mentality. Accepts mediocrity. This bloke won't last as he's an idiot.

Hahaha.
The old “accept mediocrity “ slur. Gives me great comfort to hear that.
I remember well the good old days when that was regularly trotted out on here.

Your assumptions are from where?
I doesn't really matter where a trade rumour starts. But Dusty to the Gold Coast for 5 years, any time a journo felt like chucking up a hypothetical. Clickbait.

Or Ch7 put Dan Rioli personal visit to the Goldie as trade speculation.
Ch9 news with Bolton visits Perth mid season break ~nekmit 50 pages of talk about his trade worth.
Graham & Soldo visited clubs and no trade automatically followed.

RFC's drafting, list management & trading I'm happy with.

Players want out? I'm sure we get good compensation.

My tip? they all stay

I based it on the varies reports. That they seem very believable as all those blokes were infact in those states at that time.

It's pretty clear these guys are talking to other teams. Are we really going to waste time pretending they were not?

If i can't base stuff on the varies different reports and strong circumstantial evidence, then i might as well not even watch or care anymore, as whats the point if all im expected to do is sit and wait patiently to "see what happens"

Yep, just prior the the mediocrity the club accepted resulting in 3 flags in 4 seasons. :drunk:

Yep and before that, 37 years of mediocrity.

When against that back drop, the odd's don't look that great to just "trust the process".

Watching that mediocrity for 37 years & the 4 amazing years, it clearly showed me the difference between "the right path" & "The wrong one". I see far far more in common with Richmond of the 90s-2000's than the 2013-2020 Tigers

You don't need to constantly remind people we won 3 flags, we were all here and remember it well. But we also know that as suddenly and unexpectedly that era began, and can then, clearly, be taketh away.

Cant live 5 years in the past forever mate.

Last edited:
Yep sets low standards and can’t identify player’s weaknesses or strengths. Continue to play garbage like Short, JGTI, Mansell , Kmac and Broad. Too slow to make changes . You could see our small defenders were going to get chewed up early in the second so throw at least some hardness in Mansell or Baker back , but he did nothing about it . Fantasia kicks four on Short and some other spud three on Broad. He’s low in the IQ status for an AFL coach and I’m struggling to see how the panel picked him. It’s easy to see how he failed interviews in the past. He is making it harder for himself

Averaging 64 points a game to 102 against Yet continues to play slow , poorly skilled and plain substandard footballers .
Has a safety game plan of damage control boundary line football to cater for these players, but they still let him down bc of their shortcomings. Blight went passed half the team today lol.

Averaging 64 points a game to 102 against Yet continues to play slow , poorly skilled and plain substandard footballers .
Has a safety game plan of damage control boundary line football to cater for these players, but they still let him down bc of their shortcomings. Blight went passed half the team today lol.

Not his fault which players he is playing. He inherited the list & didn't even get a chance to add anyone of quality in the last off-season as they traded all their prime picks + he only has 29 fit players.

In saying that, i think Adem is probably tracking at a C-. Which sounds bad until to realise no-one at the club is travelling any better. It's a glum picture that the moment. Who, off-field, atm do you 100% believe is in the top 10% of what they do in the AFL?

And this is possibly the biggest worry ppl have with Benny. Is he actively busting his balls poaching us the best talent to replace all the deadwood, or is he just babysitting the club until he goes to Tassie? If Adem is going to get through this contract, he is going to need to surround himself with far far better ppl than he currently has.

How long was Adem's contract with us? cant find it anywhere in his old news articles? 2 years?

Last edited:
Not his fault which players he is playing. He inherited the list & didn't even get a chance to add anyone of quality in the last off-season as they traded all their prime picks + he only has 29 fit players
He still needs to realise certain players that are not up to it. He has only dropped Kmac from the senior players
That’s a bull dust cop out statement supporting his incompetence with the MC. He’s stuck in the past that he’s going to end up in as far back as 1990.

Our rebuild started under Wallace and it’s now starting under Yze and he better hope he can get a decent lot of picks and most importantly trade out senior players that don’t give a **** anymore. We even won out with Lids and TV as trading them got us premiership players .

For all you know the club might have its sights firmly set on pick 1 either because they really fancy a certain player, OR, because in an even draft they might fancy trading it for a couple of top 10 picks. Think 2017 and giving up the rights to Rayner for maybe trying to luck in with a Uniacke and a Naughton. You just don't know what the thinking is, but the club with 3 flags in its short term memory bank is not going to be using the remainder of this season to prove how good they are, especially when the very thing missing from our list is the type of players really high draft picks are your best chance of securing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all you know the club might have its sights firmly set on pick 1 either because they really fancy a certain player, OR, because in an even draft they might fancy trading it for a couple of top 10 picks. Think 2017 and giving up the rights to Rayner for maybe trying to luck in with a Uniacke and a Naughton. You just don't know what the thinking is, but the club with 3 flags in its short term memory bank is not going to be using the remainder of this season to prove how good they are, especially when the very thing missing from our list is the type of players really high draft picks are your best chance of securing.
Sorry that has nothing to do with what I said and there’s no way we’re tanking. They were always going to be a bottom four side this year and if Dusty and a couple of other senior players dropped off or got injured we were then going to be in a world of pain . Still his reluctance to make the changes you quoted me on have not been evident. If you do as your suggesting then you invest games into youth and drop the senior names constantly being mentioned.

Sorry that has nothing to do with what I said and there’s no way we’re tanking. They were always going to be a bottom four side this year and if Dusty and a couple of other senior players dropped off or got injured we were then going to be in a world of pain . Still his reluctance to make the changes you quoted me on have not been evident. If you do as your suggesting then you invest games into youth and drop the senior names constantly being mentioned.

We definitely don't need more inexperienced players playing than we have now. After 15 matches we have gotten 149 games into players 23yo or younger or with under 30 games experience coming into this season. We have basically played everyone we could play bar Bauer to this point, and he would still be building his fitness. That is an average of 10 young and/or inexperienced players playing every match. There is a point past which leaving out more experienced players just robs the team of precious on field ip. The players need to be learning things that will help them in future even if we are not exactly aiming to win.

We definitely don't need more inexperienced players playing than we have now. After 15 matches we have gotten 149 games into players 23yo or younger or with under 30 games experience coming into this season. We have basically played everyone we could play bar Bauer to this point, and he would still be building his fitness. That is an average of 10 young and/or inexperienced players playing every match. There is a point past which leaving out more experienced players just robs the team of precious on field ip. The players need to be learning things that will help them in future even if we are not exactly aiming to win.
But you said we are tanking. 😂 crap excuses as Blight showed up a lot of blokes today. Trezise is not a kid and should replace JGTI and Smith is tough enough to play in front of Short . Two simple changes there wouldn’t rob us of anything and give valuable games to future players
There were only six kids or inexperienced players on our list that played today and the rest have been on a senior list for at least five seasons. See below. . It’s some of the senior guys the disappointment
Blight
Sonsie
Banks
Brown
Campbell
KMac2

Last edited:
He left because he didn't agree with Dimma's values. Ie cheated on his wife

Thats the truth. He saw the club declining in values and standards and quality blokes like McCrae & Leppa started to make plans to move to a place that fitted their ethos. I have no issue with it. Dimma is the guy who let is all go to shit.

Told you when it happened. You can't let something like that happen and not think it will ruin your culture.

Want the example of how differently it can go if you are strong in your ethos?

Boston Celtics

June 28 2021 -Hired Ume Udoka

July 2022 - took Celtics to runner up in NBA losing to the dynasty GWS 4-2
Won Coach of the yeah

Sep 2022 - Celtics Sack "Coach of the Year" over in-house affair / Hire new coach Mazulla

July 2024 - Win the NBA Finals 4-1 over the Dallas Mavericks with one of the most dominant Playoff W-L records in NBA history.

THAT is a club with its own standards that do not compromise them for NO-ONE

And the results?

18 championships, most in NBA history.

Read the article "It’s About Who He Had the Affair With”: Ime Udoka Gets Reminded of His Celtics Scandal Despite Rockets Success"

If Richmond's culture had truly changed, we would have sacked Dimma after 2020 when he divorced his wife to be with the marketing girl. Would have been a huge call, but as we sit here in 2024, would it have changed much of our fate for the worse? doubt it. Reckon it would have saved us. We could have "promoted" any one of Kingsley and McCrae at that point & the club would have been respected by all for putting ethics above wins.

But we didn't. And where are we now?

No Leaders

Broken Culture

Players shopping themselves around

No looming Free Agents wanting to come.

Poor coaching team. Poor medical conditioning team.

On target for first wooden spoon in 17 years

When i called for this back in 2020 you all acted like i was a moron. But you can't argue with the reality unfortunately. The club is where it is right now because of its own choices, actions. No one elses. It's not "just the way it goes". This is a collapse of your clubs fundamentals we are seeing. Been calling it for 3-4 years. Told you I had inside knowledge of it ithe hub, but as i wouldn't tell u my source (as if i would tell a bunch of f-ing strangers my trusted source), you called me bullshit. Well, reality bites chumps

Things could not have gone worse for us since the end of 2020. And i don't eat that this period of our club was a "natural progression" from a dynasty. Total bullshit. Geelong have proven it doesn't have to be that way.
Spot on brother, and still no explanation about the sales girls role the hub

Last edited:
B: Gibcus Balta ???
HB Brown Blight ???
C: Ralphsmith Taranto ???
HF: ??? ??? Campbell
FF: MRJ ??? Lefau
Foll: ??? Hopper McCauliffe
I think Miller has proved his worth in the back 6 this year.

He doesn't really have much choice to play them. Thought our youth system was bad but watching that IMAO Graham Broad Mca Short ad Dow Cumbo Pickett and surely if Dusty isn't playing injured he is finished. Brown Campbell sonsie banks Kozy Young and the ballerina Bolton the more I look at our list the more I cry. We had Blight and Miller holding the best 2 forwards in the league (Mackay only did any good when Blight was resting) And getting no help from our premiership players. Gosh we loose Rioli and Baker And grimes cooked we are in dip poo. I agree TI don't think this guy will take us anywhere and feel we wasted another 3 years with expenses.

Or he has exactly the right mentality for the task he has been handed. A team cruelled by umpires and injuries and instability. Surely a coach in those circumstances needs to adjust his expectations to realistic level in order to make the most of the opportunities this presents. He has had to play 41 players, including 4 AFL debutantes, 2 other players who had never played for Richmond before, and 4 more players who had played 6 or less AFL games coming into this season, and a truckload of other players under 30 AFL games experience when the season commenced.

Looked at from another angle, only about 7-8 players have played over 10 matches(2/3rds of the season) in a role they were settled in coming into this season. Bart Cummings couldn't coach that successfully. Especially when you are playing against a strong stable well stocked team at the top of their game like today.

Bart was a pretty special horse trainer, a freak. I enjoyed following his horses. He had a knack of turning some horses around, fantastic trainer.

He left because he didn't agree with Dimma's values. Ie cheated on his wife

Thats the truth. He saw the club declining in values and standards and quality blokes like McCrae & Leppa started to make plans to move to a place that fitted their ethos. I have no issue with it. Dimma is the guy who let is all go to shit.

Told you when it happened. You can't let something like that happen and not think it will ruin your culture.

Want the example of how differently it can go if you are strong in your ethos?

Boston Celtics

June 28 2021 -Hired Ume Udoka

July 2022 - took Celtics to runner up in NBA losing to the dynasty GWS 4-2
Won Coach of the yeah

Sep 2022 - Celtics Sack "Coach of the Year" over in-house affair / Hire new coach Mazulla

July 2024 - Win the NBA Finals 4-1 over the Dallas Mavericks with one of the most dominant Playoff W-L records in NBA history.

THAT is a club with its own standards that do not compromise them for NO-ONE

And the results?

18 championships, most in NBA history.

Read the article "It’s About Who He Had the Affair With”: Ime Udoka Gets Reminded of His Celtics Scandal Despite Rockets Success"

If Richmond's culture had truly changed, we would have sacked Dimma after 2020 when he divorced his wife to be with the marketing girl. Would have been a huge call, but as we sit here in 2024, would it have changed much of our fate for the worse? doubt it. Reckon it would have saved us. We could have "promoted" any one of Kingsley and McCrae at that point & the club would have been respected by all for putting ethics above wins.

But we didn't. And where are we now?

No Leaders

Broken Culture

Players shopping themselves around

No looming Free Agents wanting to come.

Poor coaching team. Poor medical conditioning team.

On target for first wooden spoon in 17 years

When i called for this back in 2020 you all acted like i was a moron. But you can't argue with the reality unfortunately. The club is where it is right now because of its own choices, actions. No one elses. It's not "just the way it goes". This is a collapse of your clubs fundamentals we are seeing. Been calling it for 3-4 years. Told you I had inside knowledge of it in the hub, but as i wouldn't tell u my source (as if i would tell a bunch of f-ing strangers my trusted source), you called me bullshit. Well, reality bites chumps

Things could not have gone worse for us since the end of 2020. And i don't eat that this period of our club was a "natural progression" from a dynasty. Total bullshit. Geelong have proven it doesn't have to be that way.

If Dimma is sacked in 2020, he has his contract still to complete doesn't he?

He could of gone down the path of unfair dismissal as well so industrially that opens a can of worms for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back