Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm only postulating but if I am a 24 year old who has just finished top ten in the club B&F and I am getting dropped for team balance (for players who are quite frankly not as talented or consistent as I am) I'd be miffed in his shoes.

And don't worry there are plenty of clubs who would be contacting his manager in that scenario, Jack is a talent and would slot into most teams best 22.
Let me assure you if Scrimshaw or any other player is not in the team they will know why. There is mountain of data in pre season that they gather and process. Including GPS and video footage.

They would have assessed all that along with how they want to play. 2022 and all previous years are a distant memory what matters is how u performed in pre season. As i have mentioned before there are no guarantees.

If he has a problem with competition and the assessment of his performance then he doesnt trust our coaches. If thats the case then he may as well go elsewhere. In saying that i dont think he will be going anywhere he loves the club and he is smart enough to know his own weaknesses

Feel like scrim is a really clarko player circa 2010. Elite skills, great in a zoning defense where he can peel off and intercept.

Mitchell seems to like the slingshot style of ball movement where speed and line breaking are a premium. Don't think he is an elite fit in the game style. Doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

Maybe we can trade him to north with Dylan Moore for TT.... 😜

Let me assure you if Scrimshaw or any other player is not in the team they will know why. There is mountain of data in pre season that they gather and process. Including GPS and video footage.

They would have assessed all that along with how they want to play. 2022 and all previous years are a distant memory what matters is how u performed in pre season. As i have mentioned before there are no guarantees.

If he has a problem with competition and the assessment of his performance then he doesnt trust our coaches. If thats the case then he may as well go elsewhere. In saying that i dont think he will be going anywhere he loves the club and he is smart enough to know his own weaknesses
I was stunned to see Scrimshaw not selected. Great intercept mark and excellent left footer. He really impressed me last year and I’m not surprised that he finished in the top 10 voting I was sure he was injured to miss out He was badly missed on Sunday

Jack Scrimshaw (24 disposals, 5 intercept marks)

"Jack played for us off the back of a little niggle and his positioning was really good - he finished with 24 disposals and five intercepts too, which is obviously part of his strengths. He had a pretty good output for us, but the real highlight for me with Jack was his attitude towards the game - how he approached it and how he fitted in with the group was phenomenal."

Jack spoke quite well and had a few interesting comments on the below podcast.

There was however another timely reminder that ‘talk’ gets back to players - so let’s all make sure we’re not putting people down as we all want what’s best for the players and club.

No one benefits from putting our players down.

Hoping he recovers fully and gets back to his best!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack spoke quite well and had a few interesting comments on the below podcast.

There was however another timely reminder that ‘talk’ gets back to players - so let’s all make sure we’re not putting people down as we all want what’s best for the players and club.

No one benefits from putting our players down.

Hoping he recovers fully and gets back to his best!

No one has doubted Jack's abilities. I have even said that when he is fit and playing well he makes us a better side. I really like what Jack brings. However if i am honest he has his work cut out getting back into the side as a defender. These comments on Jack are nothing compared to the stuff i see on here about Morrison and Nash and DGB.

No one has doubted Jack's abilities. I have even said that when he is fit and playing well he makes us a better side. I really like what Jack brings. However if i am honest he has his work cut out getting back into the side as a defender. These comments on Jack are nothing compared to the stuff i see on here about Morrison and Nash and DGB.
Scrim has had turf toe and a quaddie. Theres no "work cut out" issue here. Hes one of the first picked. If hes fit he plays. Surely that was witness last week when they played him sub for a second week in a row. Why else would you do that unless his influence was really needed? If he was fit and not considered starting 22, youd play him in the 2s to get some match conditioning into him in the second week.

Scrim has had turf toe and a quaddie. Theres no "work cut out" issue here. Hes one of the first picked. If hes fit he plays. Surely that was witness last week when they played him sub for a second week in a row. Why else would you do that unless his influence was really needed? If he was fit and not considered starting 22, youd play him in the 2s to get some match conditioning into him in the second week.
Which was done earlier in the year. As in he played for box hill. Don't worry mate i will not pass any further comments on scrim love the guy. I will let things unfold.

Anyone know what is really going on with him?

Talk of turf toe but playing reserves.

Seems like something is not adding up.
He will have coaches going through his tape with him each week, focusing on what he does / where he goes without the footy.

It’s that simple - with the footy he’s pretty good. Without the footy he has RFIs.

Scrim is almost the polar opposite of Cyril, then. Cyril "only" averaged about 15 disposals a game, but was probably the best player I've ever seen without the footy. Has anyone ever put the fear of God into the opposition every time they had the ball in his vicinity as much as he did?

Hodge is another in the "best without the footy" category.

Scrim is almost the polar opposite of Cyril, then. Cyril "only" averaged about 15 disposals a game, but was probably the best player I've ever seen without the footy. Has anyone ever put the fear of God into the opposition every time they had the ball in his vicinity as much as he did?

Hodge is another in the "best without the footy" category.
Hodge in Sam Mitchell's opinion is the best player he has seen without the ball.

Jack Scrimshaw (18 disposals, 7 marks)

“Scrim showed some nice signs and was able to showcase his weapons. He’s just got to continue to be really consistent in that area. It’s just about him getting confidence back and doing what he does well, finding that footy and defending really hard. He’s a great acquisition for us to have at VFL level.”

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back