Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

I've always felt Scrimshaw was a really dangerous defender when he's actually in a position to defend. Really good instincts. Seeing him chase down those spoils and really sprinting to chop off opposition attacks has made all the difference this year.

Guaranteed to be up there for AA selection, smoky to win it even.

Seems to have taken a while, but Scrimma's made it to the ton....

That was a very entertaining interview, thanks for posting 👍

I get the feeling Scrimmers is never going to leave the Hawks nest, he's as big a Hawks nuffie as I've ever seen 😂 (sounds like his dad is just as mad a Hawks man as he is as well).

If only we could pick another top 10 pick from another club interstate that’s not getting games and wants to come home with a later pick.

We all thought he’d be the next Birchall.

This is the first season where I could honestly say he is playing as well as Grant.

Some aspects of his game are even superior to Birchall’s.
He is a better footballer than Birchall (who ultimately was a tall wingman playing off half back).
Scrimshaw's confidence is so high right now, in the 3rd qtr he literally looked at 2 Carlton players and
took them on knowing he had the strength and ability to shake their tackles.
His vision has improved with knowledge of the game plan and has removed many of the basic mistakes
that were in his game.
The spray that Mitchell gave him and raised questions by many has in fact been the making of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was very good yesterday. You can see the confidence exuding from him when the high ball comes in. A lot more physical this year than previous years. And best of all, I can still see scope for improvement for next year.

This is the first season where I could honestly say he is playing as well as Grant.

Agree, he's definitely better in the air and better at defending proactively.

Birchall has him for kicking (Scrimshaw is an elite kick, but Birchall was top tier elite) and providing run though.

To me they are different players and it’s a lazy comparison. Left footers with similar gait and wearing 14 off half back.

Scrim is much stronger in the air and defensively. Birchall a much better runner and probably kick (close call).

maybe clarkson was trying to mould scrim into a birchall clone & playing that role he was well short (no disgrace). But mitchell has him playing a different role that suits his strengths and what the team needs.

Birchall has him for kicking (Scrimshaw is an elite kick, but Birchall was top tier elite) and providing run though.
I'm not sure I'd say better kick, I think he did open things up more with his kicking but that was more because he was always moving forward. Scrim does tend to stop and assess his options more often which means that it comes off kinda slow.

Scrim has the advantage in defending and marking, Birch the advantage in run and carry and decision making. Reckon they're on par kicking wise.

He is a better mark than Birch and now he is getting to be as reliable as Birch was.

What a fantastic pickup Scrim has been

Birchall and his run off half back a thing of beauty, especially his lethal left. Had absolutely zero right foot tho

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back