Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure I'd say better kick, I think he did open things up more with his kicking but that was more because he was always moving forward. Scrim does tend to stop and assess his options more often which means that it comes off kinda slow.

Scrim has the advantage in defending and marking, Birch the advantage in run and carry and decision making. Reckon they're on par kicking wise.
I think Scrim is a better long kick but Birch was better over the short-medium distances

His barrel from the kick in was a thing of beauty. More of this please :)
I saw it live, called it to the Hawks fans around me it’s going to Gunston when I saw him running down. The barrel was superb.

It feels like his kicking has gone to a new level this year, always been confident with him having ball in hand but he is genuinely breaking teams open by foot this year. His kick to Chol on his opposite foot on the weekend was elite.

Good snippet from Dylan Moore's interview on SEN yesterday- basically said that Jack isn't typically one who speaks up during meetings but that he was very vocal after the GC game and helped drive a change in how the paying group prepares.

Good snippet from Dylan Moore's interview on SEN yesterday- basically said that Jack isn't typically one who speaks up during meetings but that he was very vocal after the GC game and helped drive a change in how the paying group prepares.
Does that make him the next Luke Lowden? Who many credit to being the one responsible for the threepeat.

🐘 in the room for AA selectors, there's more than a few putting up good numbers for their position in the actual 22! But hey, even one of if not THE greatest side of all time thru 2013-15 only had 8 AA presenting the mighty Hawks. So we be lucky to have One this year.

He plays with a harder edge and more urgency now and its great to see as it unlocks his talent. I think the penny finally dropped last year when he landed that tackle on degoey. Huge moment in that game and a huge moment in his career. Well done jack!
Quick look at his stats from 2023 suggests every time he played at Box Hill, he returned with a higher level of 1%ers and defensive efforts.

I think a season of being well coached, including being sent back to VFL to work on his deficiencies when necessary, was what ultimately saw the penny drop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 50 player across this season according to Champion Data via Daniel Hoyne on SEN.
Unsurprising, don't think there was every anyone on this board who doubted the talent of Scrim if he got the drive right.

Criminal to not have a comment about his game on Friday night in here.
Scrim is very good at football, absolutely dominated the game. 26 disposals and 12 intercepts, including 3 contested marks!
Yep, another stellar performance. So hard to comment on every player with so many great performances but he deserves recognition for sure!

Like Sicily, the team walks taller with Scrimshaw in it.

Call me crazy but sometimes I see some of the things he is able to do and I see James Hird in a KPD body. His skill and footy IQ is that good.
I can see it.

He is a one touch player just like Hird was and he sees the play open up in front of him just like Hird did as well.

He really was outstanding on Friday against the Doggies, just a great combination of pure talent mixed with gritty resolve.

I reckon he'll be even better for us next year with the additions of Barrass and Battle. It will free Scrim up to be more attacking again on top of his sharpened ability to defend. It will be like having two Sicily's.

I believe Scrimshaw is the reason we won on Friday. He held up our defensive structure when under siege in the 1st quarter. He played beautifully defensively and offensively for the rest of the night as well. The best trade Clarkson (or Sam) made post 3-peat behind Titch. Every club wishes they had Jack Scrimshaw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back