Player Watch #43 Jacob Bauer

Remove this Banner Ad

Something still sus. He's been training.

According to Caesar at PRE did two full sessions (one either side of the Gold Coast VFL game, possibly a session on the Saturday/ Sunday too) and then left the track early on Good Friday.

Think they managed him slowly, building to full fitness which he reached. Was at that level for 2-3 sessions then re-injured it in the 4th session.

Not sure there’s anything suss as much as it was poor reporting from the club prior to the most recent injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a bit of a no brainer for me, play him when he’s ready physically. Any further development happens at AFL level.

Surely he plays infront of Grimes and probably even Broad down back or as a 3rd tall up forward alongside Balta and Lefau.

Re him missing so much football this season, the commentators mentioned the recent passing of his father. Obviously he’s been struggling mentally as well as physically.

Think he'd be a pretty handy Grimes replacement. Similarities in build, he's slight and not overly tall, like Grimes, so he's not going to be playing on the monster KPFs. He's good in the 3rd fly in role though and has good hands to intercept. Kicks well coming out of the backline too.

He could play 3rd tall forward, but I'm not sure it's critical these days, I think if you have two good marking targets you can optimise your forward line with smalls, pressure players and rotating midfielders/ half forwards, not sure many teams need a 193cm third KPF anymore in the optimal setup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back