Player Watch #20 Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

I have two family members, who see the hawks week-in, week-out.
They couldn't wait to see him gone.
I see why.
Though do feel for him. A player like him needs everything going for him and some luck.
What could have been a confidence-boosting goal was cruelly denied by his d***head mate's brain fade.
A goal would have done his confidence a world of good.
Yeah he’s very much a confidence player
Even last night after he kicked that first goal could see him presenting a lot better and flying for his marks

Unfortunately we can’t be waiting for him to play himself into form every week because some weeks it will be in the first qtr while others it won’t happen at all

I didn’t mind the elbow in the guts looked like he’s not prepared to give up just yet.
No doubt the guy would’ve been hoping to have better impact this year and the Irish bloke might’ve been giving him a bit of chat.
If he wants it he has to really fight for it, he doesn’t look a naturally hungry fwd seems to get distracted with contact.

I think he can only make it as a fwd and if he’s not prepared to make oppo pay physically I dont think he will.

I have seen absolutely nothing from this guy

Wanted to give him the chance and keep an open mind but looks like a total waste of time and money and list spot

Hope he improves dramatically but he is not a 21 year old and has been in the AFL for 6 years

I was right, he did bounce back did take a few really nice grabs ….. shame he is gonna be suspended now though
Surely they give Keane a week for the mayonnaise that he laid on it. He stayed down for half an hour like a soccer player in the penalty area.

He actually got pretty involved in that third quarter. Was crucified by some ball use in his direction and Cumberland wanting me me me time when he was about to line up for his 2nd for the quarter and a mini dagger.

Probably the one to go out for Lynch though.
At least he showed something. Launched at the ball. Marked the ball. Kicked straight and show a bit of mongrel. Who knows, we have him for another two seasons after this and he could mature into...something. It's happened before. He still looks immature physically to me, not yet a full grown man. Be interesting to see if he's still at the club when he's 27

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least he showed something. Launched at the ball. Marked the ball. Kicked straight and show a bit of mongrel. Who knows, we have him for another two seasons after this and he could mature into...something. It's happened before. He still looks immature physically to me, not yet a full grown man. Be interesting to see if he's still at the club when he's 27
He looks heavy to me, big ass and pretty slow. What style gives him the best chance, dropping a few kgs and becoming more mobile and jumping at the ball or more in the Hawkins mould of being an immovable object?

Not sure at the moment.

And Keane ?

What's the news about Keane's sanction for faking ? Surely if the AFL are serious (they were deadly serious about diving and faking when they had a crackdown on it) about stopping the soccer style diving and staging to get frees, then Keane gets a fine ?

Right ?

Hello AFL ?

Anyone ?

****ing soft af

Where is a 'severe reprimand' when you need one

And Keane ?

What's the news about Keane's sanction for faking ? Surely if the AFL are serious (they were deadly serious about diving and faking when they had a crackdown on it) about stopping the soccer style diving and staging to get frees, then Keane gets a fine ?

Right ?

Hello AFL ?

Anyone ?

****ing soft af

he was down for 5 minutes, had about 4 medicos circling him thinking he was dying. Pops back up no worries when he realised umps didnt give a shit.

And Keane ?

Right ?

Hello AFL ?

Anyone ?

****ing soft af

Which time? That gimp spent half the game on the ground.

I have seen absolutely nothing from this guy

Wanted to give him the chance and keep an open mind but looks like a total waste of time and money and list spot

Hope he improves dramatically but he is not a 21 year old and has been in the AFL for 6 years

What other option did we have??
We ignored our KPF needs and succession planning forever, so we were forced into doing something ... anything really.
We put all our eggs in the basket of a guy, who we know has serious trouble playing out a full season, and ignored any sort of KPF development last year until about round 20, allowing jack to go it alone, when he was done.

I think Koshitzki is terrible.
Hawks were happy to upgrade to Chol, that should have told us a lot when looking to trade for him.
A witches hat or used packet of chips = similar impact as Koschitzke.
If he's still on our list post current contract then we're doing something wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #20 Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back