List Mgmt. Welcome Jake Waterman (Pick 77, 2016 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Only half serious. Athletic but dumb footballer. I don't actually expect him to get dropped but following that performance against the Dogs he should be very close to missing out in round one (as should Yeo). That being said the chances of that are negated by our lack of quality forward depth.

Only half serious. Athletic but dumb footballer. I don't actually expect him to get dropped but following that performance against the Dogs he should be very close to missing out in round one (as should Yeo). That being said the chances of that are negated by our lack of quality forward depth.
Yes he did shit the bed a couple of times but he was one of our better players that night and was probably our best forward.

Yeah that'd why he kicked 45 goals last year. Darling hate is unjustified. He may shit the bed in big moments but even then he has a bit of fight in him. At least he doesn't turn invisible when the heat is on like Yeo, lecras and Hill.

He does kick goals which helps his case, although Lynch kicked 68 once. Makes bad decisions, is a pussy at times but as I said I was only partly serious because he is effective enough over the course of the year. I definitely don't think we should have traded him due but if anything he is overrated on here.

EDIT: As for being one of our best that night, it was possibly his worst game for the club. But anyway, moving on.

Waterman could easily replace LeCras/Hill next season. I'm assuming due to his midfield ambitions he is quite good below his knees (can some one confirm/deny?) and thus we wouldn't lose too much by the loss of either of those smaller marking options. As he is quite a bit taller and has grown playing that marking 3rd option he could be quite effective and we could almost tandem that CHF position with two slightly undersized CHF, the other being Darling. Also an option with Lamb.

Waterman could easily replace LeCras/Hill next season. I'm assuming due to his midfield ambitions he is quite good below his knees (can some one confirm/deny?) and thus we wouldn't lose too much by the loss of either of those smaller marking options. As he is quite a bit taller and has grown playing that marking 3rd option he could be quite effective and we could almost tandem that CHF position with two slightly undersized CHF, the other being Darling. Also an option with Lamb.

Simpson about to revolutionise the game?

Because it would've probably taken 2 years to get his fitness base back up after being unable to even leave the house for 6 months. Best to let him go back to his junior club and hopefully recapture his form under no pressure.

Because we "need" Petrie.

About as good as LeCras. Hill is good off the deck, he's just not interested in contested football. Waterman is tougher physically than both and has a better natural defensive game. In saying that i doubt he'll be ready to replace either of them in 2017 on a permanent basis. Any AFL game time would be a big win.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to West Coast JWP.

The kid seriously reminds me of John Wayne Par when he get's that big smile happening.

Our very own JW

In an ideal world Darling realises his full potential in the coming years as a consistent 60+ goal kicker, bullying defenders and dragging the team to glory!

Not until Kennedy retires/declines, he will always be the second target until then.

He can still be kicking 60 goals with JK #1.

How many times have you had 2 key forwards on the same team kick 60+ in the history of the game? It's rare and even more so in modern footy

B
How many times have you had 2 key forwards on the same team kick 60+ in the history of the game? It's rare and even more so in modern footy
Buddy and roughi.

I don't think our Duo is as powerfull but I think jd could do a bit better. Jd this year could have had 55 goals or more.

B
Buddy and roughi.

I don't think our Duo is as powerfull but I think jd could do a bit better. Jd this year could have had 55 goals or more.

As good as JK and Darling are, they are no Buddy and Roughead though.

Roughead in particular is very under rated.

Th
As good as JK and Darling are, they are no Buddy and Roughead though.

Roughead in particular is very under rated.
thats why I said they're not as powerful. However, I think jd has the ability to back jk by kicking 55 or even 60 goals but he has issues with consistency. He looked on for big year uptill round 10 before his form dipped. Theres not many backline in the comp good enough to handle both of them when they're on. Jack sparayed it all over against Adelaide in rnd 23 but he was causing a massive headache to the crows backline and jk was tearing Talia to shreds. I rate Adelaide's defenders up there in the comp and that was amazing watching guys like Talia, Hartigan and lever struggling to contain jk and jd.

I love jd but this is a crucial year for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back