Toast Well done Hawks fans

Remove this Banner Ad

There were actually lots of similarities in our 2008 flag to Sydneys 2012

For example we beat three teams we had lost to in H&A - sydney actually lost to hawks and collingwood as recently as the last 4 rounds.

Wont say Sydney were a Bradbury because thats quite offensive, even though I consider Bradbury's achievements to be commendable. Lets just say 2012 was reverse Karma for our 2008 flag
Ellis kicked first goal in both GF's

Just ventured on the bay and the thread bagging Clarko for giving perspective to the loss, has got me a really pissed. The fact he mentioned Gill Meagher, a brain tumor( i reckon it was a referral to stynes) and the tragic circumstance regarding McVeigh's daughter as examples that there are more tragic events than losing a football match.

The fact it is started by a Geelong ****wit pains me but it aint even worth replying into.

If I get to the levels of most Cat fans put me out of my misery, sad pathetic souls.

I cant imagine myself ever revelling that much in a grand final loss of another club. Geelong included. 2008 is a phenomena unto itself. I don't think we'll ever understand what level of mental scarring occurred that day. The fact that 2 flags in the interim seem to have not diluted the pain says it all. I would guess that its a lifelong wound. I take a decent portion of solace in knowing that.

Just ventured on the bay and the thread bagging Clarko for giving perspective to the loss, has got me a really pissed. The fact he mentioned Gill Meagher, a brain tumor( i reckon it was a referral to stynes) and the tragic circumstance regarding McVeigh's daughter as examples that there are more tragic events than losing a football match.

The fact it is started by a Geelong silly person pains me but it aint even worth replying into.

Nah that was in reference to Clarkson's brother-in-law. You are right though, nothing wrong with putting a footy match into perspective.

"True tragedy is what happened to my brother-in-law earlier this year when he died of a brain tumour," Clarkson added.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y-in-perspective/story-e6frexx0-1226484516836

Nah that was in reference to Clarkson's brother-in-law. You are right though, nothing wrong with putting a footy match into perspective.

"True tragedy is what happened to my brother-in-law earlier this year when he died of a brain tumour," Clarkson added.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y-in-perspective/story-e6frexx0-1226484516836

yeah thanks for that i read that after i posted and knew i would get pulled up for it.

Good luck next year, i think its about time we beat though.:thumbsu:

Hey guys, sorry for the intrusion. Just wanted to say Congrats on a good year and I think you blokes will be very hard to stop next year. I respect Hawthorn immensely (despite our rivalry), you are a great club and I'm sure you'll bounce back with the ultimate next year. Chin up guys, all the best for season 2013 :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Faaaark yeah.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like a lot of your players, like Isaac Smith, Birchall , Mitchell, really admire these blokes. And I don't mind that we lost to you in 2008, as we were arrogant and deserved it.

Factor in your last club president who is a d!ck, twerps like Guerra, boofhead Franklin, the media adoration of Rioli who while good is clearly overrated (Jetta>>>Rioli), thugs like Lewis, "unsociable football", and your anger-issue coach (who looks like an oompa loompa), 20000 bandwagon supporters and there's not much left for me to like about your club.

Can't wait for you to be our bitches next year, although I suspect that after Chapman leaves you'll actually start beating us.

Red card please.
You are the epitome of a loser. **** off.

They won the game, but did they win any fans?

If Sydney's style of footy is the future, there will be some terrible games to come!
Sure, it won a Premiership, but does anyone want to watch a moving rugby scrum?

And people in Sydney probably assume it is the best footy around ...

They won the game, but did they win any fans?

If Sydney's style of footy is the future, there will be some terrible games to come!
Sure, it won a Premiership, but does anyone want to watch a moving rugby scrum?

And people in Sydney probably assume it is the best footy around ...

They had a lot of fans prior to game, and lost none after it.

None of my workmates were going for the Hawks at all. I work for a pretty big organisation. The fact is, not many wanted the Hawks to snag another premiership, especially against the Swannies.

We weren't good enough, we deserved to lose dishing that crap up on a grand final.

Hope were there and perform better next year. Although i'd rather make a grand final and lose then not be good enough to make it.

I guess it's why I was hurt and disappointed after losing but not genuinely cranky whereas I was furious for days after losing to the Cats this year and the Pies PF last year. To be part of the build-up on Grand Final week is something else, the excitement of getting tickets, the perfect seat on the wing and, result aside, a pretty good game

Hawks ahead by 3 goals
Swans ahead by nearly 5 goals
Hawks ahead by 2 goals, coulda shoulda woulda been 3
Swans ahead by 1 and a half
Siren goes

I think they'll gain more out of it than they lost.

None of my workmates were going for the Hawks at all. I work for a pretty big organisation. The fact is, not many wanted the Hawks to snag another premiership, especially against the Swannies.

True, I found the same thing; nearly every "neutral" I know was going for the Swans, and I realised that a lot of other people in Melbourne were going for the Swans. I understand the South Melbourne link, but I just can't fathom why the Swans were everybody's favourite team all of a sudden.

I reckon Hawks vs Sydney GF next year, I'm calling it from now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Well done Hawks fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back