Wellingham to the Dees?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes, this should probably be put in the free agency and trading thread, but someone else would've made a thread so oh well.
My hunch, has become a reality as the dees have confirmed that they will make a bid for Pies wingman Sharrod Wellingham. I'm absolutely stoked with this, very underrated player, and is the exact player we need.
EDIT: The HUN should be put in the fiction section of all good book stores. Wellingham has denied any link to the dees. Though I won't be completely writing off Wellingham, his been my tip to come over from about mid season.

How exactly is he the type of player we need.

He is quick, but is prone to turning the ball over.
Quick, athletic, great mark, when put in the middle of the ground can get clearances. His disposal may not be great, but I still think he would add something to our team. Can go up forward and kick a goal as well.

He would deny it though regardless, wouldn't he? After all he is playing a prelimanry final this week.
yeah of course was just mentioning it as I read it 2 secs beforehand. Plus we can get in trouble for approaching players still playing can't we or is it just the reg season? I hope we get him. Another premiership player for us to look at. Good age too.

Good points.

This may be pedantic, but his disposal count really worries me. I understand he is competing with the likes of Swan, Pendles and Beams for a touch, but 19 a game isn't exactly great output.

I have said this multiple times already, but the only way I see Collingwood dealing with us is if we offer up Martin.

In saying this, I'm sure most of you here agree that Martin > Wellingham.

Not only does Martin fulfill a more important role in games, he is also contracted to 2013. I have since put forward many hypotheticals, but this to me seems the most reasonable/logical to date.

Martin + Petterd + 3rd rounder --> Wellingham + Fasolo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have said this multiple times already, but the only way I see Collingwood dealing with us is if we offer up Martin.

Not only does Martin fulfill a more important role in games, he is also contracted to 2013. I have since put forward many hypotheticals, but this to me seems the most reasonable/logical to date.

That would be an awesome trade for us!

That would be an awesome trade for us!

What? You're joking surely?

Why are people constantly throwing Martin in trades? There has been nothing confirmed about him wanting out.

Also I don't understand the fascination with Wellingham? Oh he's quick and a good mark so we need him, that's wrong to start with. He's a turnover merchant and the last thing we need is another player that can create easy scoring opportunities for the opposition.

Getting players with good disposal limits the need for footspeed, while fast players are required you can limit the necessity of them through good ball movement. Geelong is an example, they have a few speedsters but most of their pace comes from swift, smooth ball movement.

He would deny it though regardless, wouldn't he? After all he is playing a prelimanry final this week.

This... of course he won't say anything while he's still involved in the season. No doubt we have talked to his manager, but fair enough that the manager keeps that to himself until the player's season is over.

Lol

Why even post this?? This is real life, not AFL1998 on PlayStation.. The "2 spuds + 3rd rounder <-> good player" trade just doesn't happen so why the hell would "2 spuds + 3rd rounder <-> 2 good players" trade happen...

. Wellingham has denied any link to the dees.

Lol, in what world do you think he would do anything BUT deny it??? His team is playing in a prelim this weekend..

Why even post this?? This is real life, not AFL1998 on PlayStation.. The "2 spuds + 3rd rounder <-> good player" trade just doesn't happen so why the hell would "2 spuds + 3rd rounder <-> 2 good players" trade happen...

Lol, in what world do you think he would do anything BUT deny it??? His team is playing in a prelim this weekend..
If you read the entirety of the thread, you would see I make the exact same claim in a later post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back