Wellingham - Traded to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne/Freo offered Wellingham $450 k / year. Sam Edmund from the H/S has indicated WC have offered him $400 k plus.

If you are quoting WA papers, they have as much cred as the Geelong and Adelaide Advertisers.
As compared to Caroline Wilson still trying to get someone to believe the story that there's a clause in Tippett's contract to let him go for a second round pick. Great journalism that one Caro!

Salty tears are the best of all. Every one is quenching.

We've got the whip hand here. If WC want to offer up their crappy pick 38/39, we say to Sharrod, off you go son to the draft and enjoy your career at Melbourne.

I'd prefer to stenghten Melbourne's list than get a shitty late pick from WC.
Melbourne won't draft players that don't want to come here, we wouldn't of traded for Clark if he didn't decide to come here, we also let Luke Ball slip past us in the draft after we wanted him but he refused to talk to us and everyone else, you guys got him at pick 30, he is better than Wellingham isn't he? Should be happy to get a pick around the 30 mark for him.

Note to Eddie.......This sort of bullfrogging is exactly what David Koch was referring to. Nice that Maguire confirms it for everyone only a few days after having a hisssy fit on radio.

Stop the presses. Football club attempts to get a decent trade done.

Its the way its done Timmy, huff n puff: will it produce results?

Out of interest see the results of the Eagles B&F, Wellingham would be a welcome addition but no need to pay overs like Melbourne.

Scott Selwood won his first best and fairest.
And in a sign of how far the club’s younger players have come, second year players Andrew Gaff and Jack Darling both had top five finishes.
Long kicking defender Shannon Hurn finished third on 396 votes, followed by Darling on 393 and Gaff on 285.
Defending champion Darren Glass (383), improved midfielder Chris Masten (382), dependable onballer Matt Priddis (367), veteran midfielder Daniel Kerr (364) and key defender Eric Mackenzie (360) completed the top 10.

In a major surprise, two of the club’s four All-Australians – Nic Naitanui and Beau Waters – finished outside the top 10.

What I want to know is: Is Huff'n'puff somehow related to Puff'n'fresh?
611HWp7tQJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
HR Pufnstuf?

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable FBPhotoZoom

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable FBPhotoZoom

Who is the player/syou 'seem' to have 'indicated interest in drafting. Why don't you just come out and state them? I think we all know you hunted Wellingham to spill Rosa out of the team. If you're happy with your current midfield rotations and pace, then we can all go home happy.

Didnt Wellingham decide to leave the Pies, decide to go home, then go looking for a club, just like Leon Davis did this time last year.
Couldnt find a club, played WAFL - is Wellingham worth more than Leon?
Who is hunting: its the guys who are turning their back on the Lexus/Westpac Centre.

As for Leon, I thought the Pies failed to replace him adequately in 2012.:oops:

You think Carlton didn't try and dick WC? Gumption.

Yes. Of course they didn't. Judd made it clear he wanted his nominated club to offer WCE fair compensation and Carlton did that. So much so, that every man and his dog acknowledges it as one of the best examples of a top end trade coming out win-win for both clubs - some even question if WCE got the better end of the stick. Carlton did not want to give away JK one little bit; everyone knew what a talent he was (except opposition supporters of course). Talk about gumption ... Carlton have been one of the most reasonable traders of the last 5 years. The only people genuinely pissed with us have been Freo over Warnock and that's because they wanted overs for their man.

So which trade have we been difficult to to deal with in? :p

You plucked out two straight up in Stevens and Luke Ball.

We have plenty of West Coast supporters on our board saying pick 17 is fair.. pick 17 used to be a second round pick not so long ago.

Really? That's a big surprise to me. If it was my club, I wouldn't want them to touch him with anything under pick 25. Certainly nothing in the teens, especially in a draft touted as being a strong one. If WCE are foolish enough to offer it up, I'd jump on it. You should have traded Dawes last year when his currency was premium, don't make the same mistake with Wellingham.

Your club tampered with the draft to get Luke Ball and then did it again to get Chris Tarrant back to your club a year later.

Remember?

Did we? i thought we were within the rules, so did the AFL, Ball nominated his salary and nominated his contract lengh like he was required to do, he wasn't required to attend medicals if he didn't want to, let the grown ups speak.

And Tarrant simply didn't care, he was happy to call it a day if he didn't get to Collingwood.

Wellingham is worth a 3rd rounder at best. Massively overrated IMHO.

It's as if because he is suddenly available, his value soars. He is a mediocre player who is worth a late twenties, early thirties pick. Collingwood will take our second round pick or risk getting nothing. He is not among Collingwood's best players and he won't be within ours either.

It's as if because he is suddenly available, his value soars. He is a mediocre player who is worth a late twenties, early thirties pick. Collingwood will take our second round pick or risk getting nothing. He is not among Collingwood's best players and he won't be within ours either.
His value had soared because West Coast desperately want him. Like I said, if he doesn't end up at West Coast, he'll remain a pie. There is no way he'll risk going into the draft and possibly end up in Adelaide or Brisbane. Remaining a Pie would be his second preference no doubt so if an adequate trade cant be agreed upon, we'll keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne won't draft players that don't want to come here, we wouldn't of traded for Clark if he didn't decide to come here, we also let Luke Ball slip past us in the draft after we wanted him but he refused to talk to us and everyone else, you guys got him at pick 30, he is better than Wellingham isn't he? Should be happy to get a pick around the 30 mark for him.

St Kilda said Ball wasnt a best 22 player and didnt rate him that highly, he was barely getting games.

How could he be worth more than pick 30 to st kilda on that basis ?

Wellingham is actually rated by collingwood as one of their best 22 , of course pick 30 isnt around the mark collingwood want if you put it in that perspective.

Id be happy with a first rounder for a best 22 player, wellingham isnt a fringe player

His value had soared because West Coast desperately want him. Like I said, if he doesn't end up at West Coast, he'll remain a pie. There is no way he'll risk going into the draft and possibly end up in Adelaide or Brisbane. Remaining a Pie would be his second preference no doubt so if an adequate trade cant be agreed upon, we'll keep him.

Where are you getting your information from?
He is gone.... he is no longer a Collingwood player. He will go into the draft and be picked up by a West Australian club. Gone are the days where clubs use spots on their list to spite other clubs.

I doubt we desperately want him, there is no proof of that. Collingwood could well sabotage the trade process by refusing to trade him or asking for overs. If Collingwood do indeed do that, then it will up to Wellingham to decide what he does next.

St Kilda said Ball wasnt a best 22 player and didnt rate him that highly, he was barely getting games.

Wellingham is actually rated by collingwood as one of their best 22 , of course pick 30 isnt around the mark collingwood want if you put it in that perspective.

Id be happy with a first rounder for a best 22 player, wellingham isnt a fringe player

His own manager cited a 2nd/3rd round pick as fair. 1st round picks are used on highly rated players. What pick are you expecting Tippet to warrant? Around the 10-15 mark? Clarke was offered for pick 12.

Pick 17 is ludricous. WC have obviously informed his manager.

His own manager cited a 2nd/3rd round pick as fair. 1st round picks are used on highly rated players. What pick are you expecting Tippet to warrant? Around the 10-15 mark? Clarke was offered for pick 12.

Pick 17 is ludricous. WC have obviously informed his manager.
Cam wood also went for a pick in the teens. (worst trade ever hah)

What im trying to say, st kilda never rated him ball in their best 22 , but wanted a first rounder.

Wellingham is a best 22 player easily, so collingwood arent going to exchange a fringe player in stevens from the eagles and a second rounder as equal compensation.

He probably isnt worth pick 17 ,hes not worth pick 35 or there abouts alone though is he ?

He probably isnt worth pick 17 ,hes not worth pick 35 or there abouts alone though is he ?

West Coast won't be over-paying for a player of Wellingham's calibre. Unfortunately, that results in a 2nd/3rd round draft pick for Collingwood - which is fair and reasonable.

You plucked out two straight up in Stevens and Luke Ball.

Really? That's a big surprise to me. If it was my club, I wouldn't want them to touch him with anything under pick 25. Certainly nothing in the teens, especially in a draft touted as being a strong one. If WCE are foolish enough to offer it up, I'd jump on it. You should have traded Dawes last year when his currency was premium, don't make the same mistake with Wellingham.

Stevens? Surely you jest! We offered our first round pick PLUS your current B&F winner.. Port said "Didak or nothing". We said "no deal", traded Scotland to you guys for unders, and Stevens walked to you guys in the PSD as well!

Ball- we offered pick 30 (our only pick we had left after the Jolly trade). St Kilda said "no".. we offered Wellingham to North in order to get a better draft pick (#21 from memory), but St Kilda still said "no". So we shrugged our shoulders, and picked up Ball at #30 in the Draft anyway.

We coughed up pick 14 for Wood in 2007, pick 16 for Woewodin in 2002.. we paid a fair price for Jolly in 2009 (pick 14 (Lewis Jetta) and pick 46 (on-traded to Hawthorn for McGlynn)).. we paid pick 39 for a broken down Chad Morrison in 2004. I'm failing to see a history of bastardry!

Dawes was needed for structure, especially after losing Leroy Brown. As it happens, the Eagles have pick 17 and pick 38, whilst Melbourne, Freo, Port and possibly other clubs have expressed an interest- what do we do?

West Coast won't be over-paying for a player of Wellingham's calibre. Unfortunately, that results in a 2nd/3rd round draft pick for Collingwood - which is fair and reasonable.
Understandable.

Trying to think of an almost like for like trade , which i couldnt see why west coast would want to do that , if wellginham nominated them

But i cant see collingwood accepting a 2nd or 3rd round pick alone

Pick 56 for Wellingham? We may not even use Pick 56!!!

If he's not to your liking, if he's not of sufficient calibre, then don't worry about him- we'll keep him, or find a home for him at Freo, Port or Melbourne.

That's a massive rewriting of history. Ball was only dropped for a couple of games when he had a lean spell, but was clearly a top 22 player, as shown by the fact that we offered him a good contract. He just wanted to leave, much as Wellingham does.

His last game at St Kilda was a Grand Final, pretty sure he was in their best 22, St Kilda wanted to keep him.

Fair and reasonable for who? He is a top half best 22 player who was a key player in our premiership win. A third rounder or second rounder is not equitable and won't see him leaving the pies for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wellingham - Traded to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back