Welsh and Bock

Remove this Banner Ad

the egg

Club Legend
Mar 13, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Absolutely disgraceful. Cant run. Cant handle a bit of pressure and wont chase. Give Welsh a run in the SANFL for a few weeks and bring in someone who is willing to have a go! ie, Massie. As for Bock....its like he doesnt even want the ball what ever happened to a hard strong lead? :mad:

Absolutely disgraceful. Cant run. Cant handle a bit of pressure and wont chase. Give Welsh a run in the SANFL for a few weeks and bring in someone who is willing to have a go! ie, Massie. As for Bock....its like he doesnt even want the ball what ever happened to a hard strong lead? :mad:
welsh - yes, absolutely pissweak today

bocky atleast lead up the ground today, was servicable

Take out our leading goal kicker for a midfielder?????

We got no other inform forwards to come into the side anyway

I know but time and time again these two wont perform and we'll lose. He may be our leading goal kicker but he's an opportunist. Drop Welsh, bring in Massie to the backline and leave Mcgregor up forward.

Yeah lead up the ground took possession and held the ball a decade...
Welsh and him played on par really as Welsh put a slight bit of defense on Bock was left in the dust.
there wasn't a hell of a lot up the ground to be honest, they had our forwards covered for most of the arvo

Considering the rotations that have been occuring this year with our forwards and that once we started to lose players meant that the rest our forwards are normally getting each quarter didn't occur. Hence why they were so stuffed at the end of the game. Our game plan requires a huge aerobic base but takes into account those players getting 'rests' per quarter it just didn't and couldn't happen today.

If Welsh didn't chase as some of you are stating then why was he marking a ball in our backlines at one stage, wouldn't you think it's because he had chased his man down there?

Yeah lead up the ground took possession and held the ball a decade...
Welsh and him played on par really as Welsh put a slight bit of defense on Bock was left in the dust.

I didn't see Welsh defend once from the end was. No forwardline pressure what so ever. And yeah i agree Bock holds onto it for way too long its like he doesnt know what to do with it.

Considering the rotations that have been occuring this year with our forwards and that once we started to lose players meant that the rest our forwards are normally getting each quarter didn't occur. Hence why they were so stuffed at the end of the game. Our game plan requires a huge aerobic base but takes into account those players getting 'rests' per quarter it just didn't and couldn't happen today.

If Welsh didn't chase as some of you are stating then why was he marking a ball in our backlines at one stage, wouldn't you think it's because he had chased his man down there?

No because he couldn't get a contested possession up forward so had to get cheap kicks down back.

welsh - yes, absolutely pissweak today

bocky atleast lead up the ground today, was servicable

"serviceable" - the story of our forward line for the past 7 years.:( One of the things that pi$$es me off most about our injuries, is that players like Bock are underperforming week in week out or not showing any form of concistency from one week to the next and still get picked.

Let's hope Craigy keeps these performances in the back of his mind should we ever have a full complement available.

Welsh just simply needs to be dropped. "But we can't, we haven't got anyone else" I hear you say. Well, sometimes a player just needs to be dropped to send a message. Remember that Scott Welsh was given a one-year, performance-based contract for the 2007 season. In other words, he was nearly traded. He has shown nothing when playing on a decent defender. I have had it with Welsh, my faith in him has gone. We may as well try to develop Jericho because he is younger and of more value to the long-term prospects of our club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been well documented that Welsh is supposedly playing for his football future this year. If his second half of the year mirrors the 1st half, will he get another contract?

EDIT: If I could get on the useless AFL.com.au I would check how old he is. I think he's 30 next year.

Drop Welsh. Move Bock back, and just keep Stevo as a CHF kind of player.

And this, ladies and gentleman, is our problem - and has been since Robran retired. We have "CHF-type players" coming out of our buttholes. Bock, Stevens, McGregor, Jericho. All "forward-type" players. We need someone to play CHF every week and be consistent.

It's been well documented that Welsh is supposedly playing for his football future this year. If his second half of the year mirrors the 1st half, will he get another contract?

EDIT: If I could get on the useless AFL.com.au I would check how old he is. I think he's 30 next year.

The way he is playing he certainly doesn't deserve a contract. Has been very disappointing this season. Always has a game or two, or a quarter here and there where he flashes what he can do, but never has truly delivered on what WAS some massive potential.

I thought both Bock & Welsh were ordinary today. Bomber obviously rates Welsh higher because he put is nest defender in Scarlett on him. Welsh is our leading goal-kicker/best match winning forward, playing as a medium-sized forward trying to play as a tall. We cannot afford to drop him albeit after a poor game.

IMO Bock does not do enough as a forward & was far more value to us as a CHB. Think we need to persist with Stevens at CHF.

I didn't see Welsh defend once from the end was. No forwardline pressure what so ever. And yeah i agree Bock holds onto it for way too long its like he doesnt know what to do with it.

Absolute rubbish. So that great tackle in the centre square, after he ran down a Geelong player running out of the backline and got holding the ball.

Welshy could give us anything offensively as Scarlett is just too good for him BUT his defensive side of the game was very good today.

I thought both Bock & Welsh were ordinary today. Bomber obviously rates Welsh higher because he put is nest defender in Scarlett on him. Welsh is our leading goal-kicker/best match winning forward, playing as a medium-sized forward trying to play as a tall. We cannot afford to drop him albeit after a poor game.

IMO Bock does not do enough as a forward & was far more value to us as a CHB. Think we need to persist with Stevens at CHF.

I don't reckon he rates Welsh. I just reckon he realised that if you put someone decent on him then he will do absolutely zero.

I don't reckon he rates Welsh. I just reckon he realised that if you put someone decent on him then he will do absolutely zero.
Bomber usually uses Scarlett against who he percieves is the opposition's most dangerous forward. In the past month, Welsh has been our best matchwinning forward.

Absolute rubbish. So that great tackle in the centre square, after he ran down a Geelong player running out of the backline and got holding the ball.

Welshy could give us anything offensively as Scarlett is just too good for him BUT his defensive side of the game was very good today.

Yes that's what I was refering to just wasn't sure if it was a mark or a tackle that won him the ball there maybe I have two instances overlapping.

Welsh isn't going to be dropped. He is our leading goalkicker in a forward line that is bereft of options. We're missing Hentschel, Burton, Bode and Ricciuto from last season's forward line, so no surprise really that we are struggling up there. Yes Welsh gets shown up when he plays on the premier defenders of the competition (Scarlett, Clement) but I'd wager that most of our other available forwards would too. If he is getting stitched up he perhaps needs to get better at providing the 'decoy' option and basically get the hell out of the way.

The Bock to CHB argument has been raised plenty of times and a lot of posters believe he would play better there than he does as a key forward. I'm sure he would too and there's a pretty good reason for that - playing in defence is ten times easier than playing up forward. We're doing fine down back as it is and it is questionable that Stevens would provide a better option than Bock if played up forward. I imagine Bock will be staying up forward until Perrie comes back.

Absolutely disgraceful, you should change your name from the egg to egg head, to say that both these guys are disgraceful is a joke. You'd be the kind of bloke who would pat Welsh on the back for kicking 3 goals in a quarter to win a game and then knife him two weeks later, you're the disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Welsh and Bock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back