Draper and cohort concerned

Remove this Banner Ad

Sid comes out to put this rumour to bed. 9 again coming out on top - 7s credibility keeps nosediving. Lets hear from more than one media source before we believe its true.

Sid comes out to put this rumour to bed. 9 again coming out on top - 7s credibility keeps nosediving. Let's hear from more than one media source before we believe its true.
7 Adelaide became washed once Theo left, it seems

We on the Braden Ingram train now

By "the minute that happened... the momentum shifted" I assume what you mean is that it was immediately followed by a Fogarty goal, then a Thilthorpe goal, while we kept Port goalless for the rest of the quarter into halftime, and then also kept them goalless until halfway through the third quarter when they knocked Rankine out and took control?

In fact, before Rachele kicked that goal, Port had what was at that time their biggest lead in the match. If anything, Rachele's goal and celebration kicked off the only period in the match where we played consistently well.
Spot on, Rachele was a spark and a good one. We just didn't handle the Rankine hit at all. Very immature reaction by most of our players.

My contact at South saw Draper a couple of days ago, but he didn't mention anything about being drafted. He reckons the story is bs. The kid's a crowie and would pull the boots on with us without hesitation. He will go anywhere he's drafted with no worries.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

As I said before, he's a Crows supporter and would be absolutely stoked to play for us. We are his preferred destination.
You knew the story was horse shit when it said he wanted to play for a big Victorian club. Literally no SA or WA kid thi is playing for a "Big Victorian Club" is better than playing at a packed AO every second week.

Hold on...

Doesn't he hate us and wants to play for a BIG (like massive, huge bro, crazy sized) Victorian club?
Didn't he say "this town isn't big enough for Josh Rachele and myself?"
The report is he wants to follow in JHF's footsteps by playing for South, go to North Melbourne, play for a year and head to Port after being made to recover properly?
Does Matthew Nicks polish his own head or does Rachele do it Peter Vardy washing Gary Ayres car style?
Dan Curtin said that "if Isaac Cumming, I am going" Huge if true.
Does Mark Keane need more Irish people to hang out with? I heard yes and he hates the AFC.

Or could it be that people make up absolute rubbish based on half baked conversations with people who have no idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s have the problem, the softer we treat them the softer they become

There gets a point you need to build some resilience in players, otherwise how do they stand up in tough game situations

What I find hilarious in all this, the player himself Rash - accepted the feedback, accepted the dropping and is determined to turn this into a positive

It’s the rest of these soft “wrap players in bubble wrap” supporters that are have a sook

**** me if we ever have to go to war again

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given this viewpoint, I'm curious as to your age.

"This is not about flair or celebration, it’s about what’s tasteful and what’s not, and what’s outing unnecessary distractions on the team"

And you call Rash soft?

Dropping someone based on being tasteful?

Unnecessary distractions for the team?

If you think Rash's comments actually impacted their approach to the game, then he isn't the soft one - they are.

Last edited:
Regardless of whether Sid actually holds those views, the fact this rumour's actually believable is a serious indictment on the club.

An even bigger indictment on the club is the fact the Rachele saga happened so publicly in the first place.

The fact that we were so stupid as to put ourselves in a situation where this could even be a possibility, is yet another indictment on the terrible coaching/management culture/team/approach of our loser club.

Yeah I think Laird's initial comments were not planned. Then the club could have poured cold water on it by getting Laird and Rachele to do a presser at training together, acting friendly, back pats all around, nothing to see here etc. Instead they chose to double down, sent Dawson out there to reiterate Laird's comments. ****ing morons.

For a loser like Nicks, and an incompetent management team, this was 100% a show of toughness and accountability.

The fact it was complete and utter bullshit, fake and contrived was obvious to everybody.

Nobody in the AFC is ever really held accountable for anything - and we're supposed to believe and support the hanging out to dry of a young kid who at least has a crack?

Piss off.

I said at the time, it was the same bullshit as Scott not giving Heppell a fairwell match - it is faux toughness to show you mean business, but everybody can see through it.

The fact that it wasn't completely nipped in the bud after Laird spoke makes me think either Nicks has no control on the players, or as a group they decided they wanted to publicly hit Rachele, which is an absolutely disgraceful way to deal with a player.

Easiest way to make yourself look better is to make someone else look shit.

Unbelievable all the panic on here believing another made up story. Why not wait until you see the truth straight from the player involved?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Clearly some were worry we would miss out on Cumming because of it. The new mouth piece for Port Power, Josh Money, with his "Port Power official" are confident of his signature released this "news" of someone in Sid's "camp" as a last ditch to make Cumming change his mind lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draper and cohort concerned

Remove this Banner Ad

Back