Opinion We're On The Right Path

Remove this Banner Ad

My Impossible Dream

Song | Interpretation |
\ "The Impossible Dream" | Interpretation

\ To dream the impossible dream | Preseason is coached with the following dreams in mind
\ To fight the unbeatable foe | A fast start to 2017
\ To bear with unbearable sorrow | Loose Lids to Cats
\ And to run where | Run both ways each game (Trademark No.1)
\ The brave dare not go | Not everyone run into the 50m arc
\ To right the unrightable wrong | Sack Hardwick or only a puppet head coach
\ And to love pure and chaste from afar | Balme & new assistants due a gun job preseason job.
\ To try when your arms are too weary | Manic tackling like 2012 (Trademark No.2)
\ To reach the unreachable star | Best clearance to score % side like 2013 (Trademark No.3)
\ This is my quest | Finish top after home & away
\ To follow that star | Jack plays forward & wins the Coleman again
\ No matter how hopeless | We get a gun ruckman
\ No matter how far | We beat GC on the GC
\ To fight for the right | Select on merit not draft picks, not reputation,
\ Without question or pause | Don't play selection lotto with inexperience or try to predict players use by dates
\ To be willing to march, | Manic running & overlap like 2012 & 2013 (Trademark No.4)
\ March into hell | Win 1st final
\ For that heavenly cause | Dusty wins the Brownlow.
\ And I know | We will win 17 games IN 2017
\ If I'll only be true | Watch all replays at least twice
\ To this glorious quest | Win a prelim
\ That my heart | A good seat for the Grand Final
\ To reach the impossible dream | Win the 2017 Grand Final
\ Will lie peaceful and calm | About 10pm after the Grand Final & after too many DOOZY'S
\ When I'm laid to my rest | I will die happy
\ And the world will be Better for this | because Richmond are back.
\ That one man, scorned And covered with scars, | Cotchin wins the Norm Smith
\ Still strove with his last Ounce of courage
\ To reach the unreachable star | We go back to back in 2018

Last edited:
LMFAO soft as butter Ellis would be delisted at the dogs bloke is not only scared of putting his head over the ball but terrified of taking a risk.

If you think Beveridge would tolerate then you just have not been watching the dogs play footy.B Ellis is the antithsesis ??? of everyting the wb represent.

lol

Ok firstly, there has been a number of times where he puts his head over the ball or takes a risk, but for the most part, he plays conservative yes. But that is because he is over coached and lacks composure and confidence.

Remember that match saving tackle against Syndey? (first game), it reeked of desperation. He knew the game was on the long, he forgot about how he was coached, didn't think about the game plan, he knew the game was on the line when he made that tackle.

This is why i think it is purely a confidence thing with Ellis, when he was forced into a situation where he could forget about the game plan, he did really well.

You don't know as much about football as you think you do, if you think Brandon Ellis would be delisted if he was at the dogs.

lol

Ok firstly, there has been a number of times where he puts his head over the ball or takes a risk, but for the most part, he plays conservative yes. But that is because he is over coached and lacks composure and confidence.

Remember that match saving tackle against Syndey? (first game), it reeked of desperation. He knew the game was on the long, he forgot about how he was coached, didn't think about the game plan, he knew the game was on the line when he made that tackle.

This is why i think it is purely a confidence thing with Ellis, when he was forced into a situation where he could forget about the game plan, he did really well.

You don't know as much about football as you think you do, if you think Brandon Ellis would be delisted if he was at the dogs.

What about his turnovers, poor field kicking and hospital passes? Do you have spin for that...
I think your the one who doesn't know football, let's face it Ellis was found out, has never recovered and his hard running and endurance is undone by his skills, lack composure and hardness and no coach can change that without a lot of time and effort.

What about his turnovers, poor field kicking and hospital passes? Do you have spin for that...
I think your the one who doesn't know football, let's face it Ellis was found out, has never recovered and his hard running and endurance is undone by his skills, lack composure and hardness and no coach can change that without a lot of time and effort.

Isn't the function of a coach (especially assistants, as senior coaches can't spend enough time with players one on one) to help players turn things around and rediscover their potential?

Isn't the function of a coach (especially assistants, as senior coaches can't spend enough time with players one on one) to help players turn things around and rediscover their potential?
But didn't you say he is over coached so does that take him to the dumb footballer part of the list?

HERE'S the one thing the Hardwick lovers and Richmond apologists ignore ....... the game plan did not work in round two. It did not work in round four. It wasn't working in round 12 and it certainly wasn't working in round 23. This bloke had 20-plus weeks to change it and didn't. We were playing the same crap brand of footy and style in round one as we were in 23. You don't think Dumbwick could have changed something in round 21? 22? 23? He didn't, so stop this nonsense about 'once Hardwick changes his game plan'!!

HERE'S the one thing the Hardwick lovers and Richmond apologists ignore ....... the game plan did not work in round two. It did not work in round four. It wasn't working in round 12 and it certainly wasn't working in round 23. This bloke had 20-plus weeks to change it and didn't. We were playing the same crap brand of footy and style in round one as we were in 23. You don't think Dumbwick could have changed something in round 21? 22? 23? He didn't, so stop this nonsense about 'once Hardwick changes his game plan'!!
Goldy, Goldy, Goldy. He's going to be coaching under extremely close watch in 2017.
He may not change his own preferred game plan but that's not going to be used on-field anyway. It will exist only in his own head.
He'll be doing what he's told. That's my tip.

Goldy, Goldy, Goldy. He's going to be coaching under extremely close watch in 2017.
He may not change his own preferred game plan but that's not going to be used on-field anyway. It will exist only in his own head.
He'll be doing what he's told. That's my tip.

All he will do next year is sit in the box, pick up the phone every now and then and say word for word what someone else has told him to say and do pressas HW..and amicably part ways due to personal reasons at years end with the golden handshake....;)

My Impossible Dream

Song | Interpretation |
\ "The Impossible Dream" | Interpretation

\ To dream the impossible dream | Preseason is coached with the following dreams in mind
\ To fight the unbeatable foe | A fast start to 2017
\ To bear with unbearable sorrow | Loose Lids to Cats
\ And to run where | Run both ways each game (Trademark No.1)
\ The brave dare not go | Not everyone run into the 50m arc
\ To right the unrightable wrong | Sack Hardwick or only a puppet head coach
\ And to love pure and chaste from afar | Balme & new assistants due a gun job preseason job.
\ To try when your arms are too weary | Manic tackling like 2012 (Trademark No.2)
\ To reach the unreachable star | Best clearance to score % side like 2013 (Trademark No.3)
\ This is my quest | Finish top after home & away
\ To follow that star | Jack plays forward & wins the Coleman again
\ No matter how hopeless | We get a gun ruckman
\ No matter how far | We beat GC on the GC
\ To fight for the right | Select on merit not draft picks, not reputation,
\ Without question or pause | Don't play selection lotto with inexperience or try to predict players use by dates
\ To be willing to march, | Manic running & overlap like 2012 & 2013 (Trademark No.4)
\ March into hell | Win 1st final
\ For that heavenly cause | Dusty wins the Brownlow.
\ And I know | We will win 17 games IN 2017
\ If I'll only be true | Watch all replays at least twice
\ To this glorious quest | Win a prelim
\ That my heart | A good seat for the Grand Final
\ To reach the impossible dream | Win the 2017 Grand Final
\ Will lie peaceful and calm | About 10pm after the Grand Final & after too many DOOZY'S
\ When I'm laid to my rest | I will die happy
\ And the world will be Better for this | because Richmond are back.
\ That one man, scorned And covered with scars, | Cotchin wins the Norm Smith
\ Still strove with his last Ounce of courage
\ To reach the unreachable star | We go back to back in 2018

Gold!

All he will do next year is sit in the box, pick up the phone every now and then and say word for word what someone else has told him to say and do pressas HW..and amicably part ways due to personal reasons at years end with the golden handshake....;)
Yes. That is how it should go.
IMO, once the club realised the situation, it decided to take this very line instead of making the big payout with the dramatic sacking.

Yes. That is how it should go.
IMO, once the club realised the situation, it decided to take this very line instead of making the big payout with the dramatic sacking.

I think you meant to say board there and its purely to look like it didnt **** up which it did...Hampson and Dimma are the same formula, they needed to show that they didnt make a mistake when there are people in other universes that know they did ;)

Last edited:
As it stands right now the majority on here are of the opinion that Hardwick has to go and it's an opinion that has merit. After 3 years of finals appearances and the expectation heading into this season that we'd be a finals team, possibly top 4 at seasons end and a shot at winning a flag.

5 rounds into the season the hopes of finishing top 4 are all but gone and we can forget about a flag as that isn't going to happen either. Despite being 1-4 the comments coming out of the club is that we still believe that we can make finals and have an impact and quite honestly I understand why that is being said. It's not solely because we still believe that we can make it, it's to ensure that we keep getting the crowds to turn up to games. If Hardwick and the players came out and said we've given up on the season, the fans and media would have a field day, going with an angle about how typical it is of Richmond to give up when things get tough. So until it is mathematically impossible for us to make finals I believe that we'll keep hearing that line pushed at every opportunity.

However the truth is that we are in the process of dropping back to go forwards in the future. Last year we moved on/retired off experienced types in Petterd Thomas Knights Newman & Foley as well as younger types in Arnot Dea McDonough & Gordon who just didn't come good after plenty of opportunity was afforded to them. Granted Petterd Thomas Knights Newman & Foley only played 21 games total but had they been retained and been fit this year chances are they would have been part of the 22 this year especially with the injuries that we have had to the likes of Deledio Edwards Grimes Conca Grigg Yarran & Vlastuin.

Instead of that happening we've played young draftees in Menadue C.Ellis Rioli Short & Lennon. The first 3 have played 5 & 4 games respectively, while Lennon and Short had taste and have gone back. Now it would have been nice to keep all of them in the side and pump games into them but we need to have these kids and others yet to get a game this year earning their place in the side, not just getting games given to them because they are young.

What we're doing at the moment is no different to what sides like Adelaide Bulldogs Eagles & Port have done in recent years. They put games into kids developed them for the long term future of their club. All of these clubs are coming of much more success than us in recent times so them taking a step back is a little less upsetting to their fans than us taking a step back is to us.

As for the Hardwick can't coach brigade, how does a guy who can't coach take a side that had a 27.3% winning record in his first year and become a side that won 65.2% of games in 2013 & 2015? It happens because he got the most out of the list that he had at his disposal at the time.

Unfortunately that list wasn't god enough to take us where we wanted to get to so things had to change and change they have. 2014 draft we pick up Corey Ellis Connor Menadue Nathan Drummond Daniel Butler Reece McKenzie Jayden Short Jason Castagna & Ivan Soldo who were all under 21 when drafted. Then in 2015 we go out and Daniel Rioli Oleg Markov Nathan Broad Callum Moore & Mabior Chol with only Broad being over 21. That is 12 players aged 21 or younger added to the list. So far 5 of them had been played and I fully expect a couple more to join that group in coming weeks with Castagna and Markov named emergencies this week.

So as the title of the thread says we're on the right track, it's just that to get where we want to go it's going to be a bit of short term pain to deliver longer term gain. I for one am going to enjoy being part of the journey because it'll make it all the sweeter when we get there.

Yes mate. We have been on the right path since 1982. Have heard you say it every year since then.

Yes mate. We have been on the right path since 1982. Have heard you say it every year since then.

I think this is said path
384085212ae28b560cc1d6248b4cfb57.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are going to cop a lot of heat on this thread because the haters have traction because we lost a few games.

When we win some they will disappear for months on end - just like last year - because it completely blew up in their faces.

Right now the haters feel vindicated but few have any class about it. I guess it's the nature of anonymity and the internet.

I'm not happy where we are at but sacking is an old game that doesn't have the runs on the board.

Really??? We are all just haters?

Is it just this this season that has been a shambles? Losing to a rubbish Carlton team in 2013 was a disgrace. Getting smashed by Port in 2014 was a just a hilarious joke. How about North in 2015? We all walked out of that game with our heads held high.

And our response? We sack the assistants but not the coach? Its the Indians fault not the chiefs!!

Anyway by your estimations, sacking and renewal is an old game that doesnt have run on on the boards. Except where premiership clubs like the Dogs are concerned of course. Trading Cooney and Griffiths, sacking their coach and appointing Beveridge really hurt them didnt it.

Is it just this this season that has been a shambles? Losing to a rubbish Carlton team in 2013 was a disgrace. Getting smashed by Port in 2014 was a just a hilarious joke. How about North in 2015? We all walked out of that game with our heads held high.

And our response? We sack the assistants but not the coach? Its the Indians fault not the chiefs!!

Anyway by your estimations, sacking assistants is an old game that doesnt have run on on the boards. Except where premiership clubs like the Dogs are concerned of course. Trading Cooney and Griffiths, sacking their coach and appointing Beveridge really hurt them didnt it.

Stability dude..its all about stability...we have been stable for the last 2 decades and shown the AFL world we dont sack our coach and its translated to success. ;)

Anyway by your estimations, sacking and renewal is an old game that doesnt have run on on the boards. Except where premiership clubs like the Dogs are concerned of course. Trading Cooney and Griffiths, sacking their coach and appointing Beveridge really hurt them didnt it.

The boot studder and caterers will be sacked before Hardwick as he is absolved of all blame!

You forgot the two ceos

This club thought the right path was to aim at getting a team together that could get us into the eight...not necessarily a premiership .... is that a fair assumption or is that a myth and I have taken it as fact?
That little story us still doing the rounds , I haven't heard where the club has said that wasn't the case yet, have you?

Change of tact ... I urge you to visit te Sydney Swans board. There's a thread claiming the umpires conspired against them on Saturday to get the Bulldogs a win. No joke. It's called 'Umpiring'. The biggest charity case in the competition claiming the AFL and its umpires conspired against them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion We're On The Right Path

Remove this Banner Ad

Back