2nds West Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 16 @ Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

In what bizarro world is Lienert surplus to requirements? He's been a key part of our defence all year. No chance at all that he'll drop out of the team come finals time, IMO.

I feel for Aaron Young. Way too good for sanfl but gets pigeon holed in some unfathomable role in the AFL side and continually gets dropped.

Good stats across the board. Almost gives you faith we could bring in some players with limited exposed AFL form. Even talls. ;)

Young's first half of the season was decent but his second half has been turps.

Except we can't stunt the development of players who will eventually make our AFL team.
Why do you assume that Lienert doesn't also fit into this category?

Strong defensively (despite not really being a key defender), athletically nothing special but no real deficiencies, and has that absolute weapon of a kick. What does Broadbent offer that Lienert doesn't?

Why do you assume that Lienert doesn't also fit into this category?

Strong defensively (despite not really being a key defender), athletically nothing special but no real deficiencies, and has that absolute weapon of a kick. What does Broadbent offer that Lienert doesn't?
A senior contract, 9 years of afl experience paired with 161 senior games?

A senior contract, 9 years of afl experience paired with 161 senior games?
Lol, much better players than Matthew Broadbent have been pushed out of teams before.

Again, why do you assume that Lienert won't eventually play AFL? Post content to username ratio: off the charts.

Lol, much better players than Matthew Broadbent have been pushed out of teams before.

Again, why do you assume that Lienert won't eventually play AFL? Post content to username ratio: off the charts.
Because he's a mature age SANFL player who is behind Hombsch, Clurey, Jonas, Howard, Austin, Trengove in the tall defender stocks?

I feel for Aaron Young. Way too good for sanfl but gets pigeon holed in some unfathomable role in the AFL side and continually gets dropped.

Good stats across the board. Almost gives you faith we could bring in some players with limited exposed AFL form. Even talls. ;)

Disagree with that Ford.

I don't see any difference to the role Young was successfully deployed in by the coaches last year with his use in 2017.The only change is his lukewarm performances from ample opportunity.

Has unquestionable use on an AFL list and would be thereabouts the 22 for any side in the comp. The mediocrity at Alberton is wearing thin though and would not be too pertubed if we were to find a suitor for a new start as he is one of a number who symbolise our inability to take the next step.

Because he's a mature age SANFL player who is behind Hombsch, Clurey, Jonas, Howard, Austin, Trengove in the tall defender stocks?
From what I can gather, he's been playing KPD out of necessity. Long term, he's a medium defender who can push up onto the wing (where he played last year with Sturt).

He's also a better kick than any of the players you listed. He'd be in the top few kicks in our AFL team, alongside Houston and Polec.

From what I can gather, he's been playing KPD out of necessity. Long term, he's a medium defender who can push up onto the wing (where he played last year with Sturt).

He's also a better kick than any of the players you listed. He'd be in the top few kicks in our AFL team, alongside Houston and Polec.
Med defender?
Houston, Jonas, Pittard, Broadbent, Hartlett, Bonner are all still in front of him. He's a rookie, he has a very very long way to go and outside of a big kick needs to find something special to take the spot of one of the regulars.

During the home and away season rookies have been the first to drop out, which makes sense.

Come finals I suspect it will be a balancing act between players about to be delisted and the lesser performers. Will be a tough call because our rookies, Snelling, Eddy, Lienert and even Irra are seriously good SANFL footballers and winning premierships has to be the number 1 priority come finals time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Med defender?
Houston, Jonas, Pittard, Broadbent, Hartlett, Bonner are all still in front of him. He's a rookie, he has a very very long way to go and outside of a big kick needs to find something special to take the spot of one of the regulars.
You haven't been paying attention if you think it's just a 'big' kick. He's very accurate over about 60 metres. It's a weapon at SANFL level, and it'll be a weapon at AFL level.

If you're actually content with Broadbent and Hartlett plodding along in our defence for the next five years, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to change your mind.

You haven't been paying attention if you think it's just a 'big' kick. He's very accurate over about 60 metres. It's a weapon at SANFL level, and it'll be a weapon at AFL level.

If you're actually content with Broadbent and Hartlett plodding along in our defence for the next five years, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to change your mind.
Not me who's mind you're gonna have to change, it's the coaches who play said plodders at every single chance they can. There's obviously a reason the coaches haven't let Broadbent or Hartlett play reserves no matter how out of form they are.

If they rated Lienert he would have been upgraded or offered a senior contract by now.

Not me who's mind you're gonna have to change, it's the coaches who play said plodders at every single chance they can. There's obviously a reason the coaches haven't let Broadbent or Hartlett play reserves no matter how out of form they are.

If they rated Lienert he would have been upgraded or offered a senior contract by now.
How would we have upgraded him? And how do you know that he hasn't yet been offered a senior contract?

Never been dropped to the SANFL under hinkley and has had his first injury interrupted year struggling to crack 20 games for the first time since 2011 (when he played 19).
He's been a vanilla passenger for ages who plays a decent to really good game here and there, he would've already been chopped or shopped at other clubs.

But they are also surplus to requirements right now.
No they aren't, lienert it's a lot closer to an afl call up than those that don't watch expect. He should be playing today, could very easily become a 7-8 year player for the pafc. Has it all, pace, the skill, the height, the booming leg the footy brain. Looking forward to him in the a grade soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds West Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 16 @ Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back