2nds West Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 16 @ Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Sanfl has at least got their app to move beyond the first screen, but no stats are available. I'd honestly trust the North Koreans to do a better job running this ratshit league.

So I only saw the last half, Marshalls last term was Scott Hodges like, Ladhams got himself a few shots, Eddy opportunistic, Krak classy as and unselfish, Bonner and Toumpas were good off half back. Trengove dominated. Lobbe played probably the best link up game I've ever seen him play, Frampton was quiet, White, Monfries, Hewett, Drew & Palmer all ok getting involved in the link play. Atley and Snelling back to their best. Young as usual a class above this level.

Lots of good signs.

Where was trengove played?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who changed the SANFL website this year? The last one had immediate updates when a score was kicked, this one only seems to update itself when you close it down and open it in another window. And as everyone is saying at the moment, it's not even giving us the stats right now.

Size is no reason Marshall shouldn't play AFL, unless you count the other team might try and bully him a bit and our guys will do nothing.
Agree; Joe Daniher is 95 kg now but he debuted in 2013 when he was much lighter. And apart from 2013 when he played 5 games and scored 3 goals he has each year since then scored 28, 34, 43 and 56(unfinished). I would get him in as soon as possible but please Ken play him and Dixon as proper forwards. Keep this running to the backlines to a minimum. We want to have big targets available if the ball has to be hoofed into the forwards.

Size is no reason Marshall shouldn't play AFL, unless you count the other team might try and bully him a bit and our guys will do nothing.

Nah, it's everything for a tall in our side given how we play.

We don't play to create space and honour leads, or block to create space for leading targets. We do the polar opposite. Everybody gather in an area and kick to a contested situation, hope for a strong mark or force a boundary throw-in or ball-up.

Marshall would be pointless in our forward line at the moment and he'd be slaughtered by the bigger bodies in those contested situations.

A talent, no doubt, but needs to be a lot stronger to fit it to our mix as a tall forward unless Hinkley changes the way we move the ball forward and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Nah, it's everything for a tall in our side given how we play.

We don't play to create space and honour leads, or block to create space for leading targets. We do the polar opposite. Everybody gather in an area and kick to a contested situation, hope for a strong mark or force a boundary throw-in or ball-up.

Marshall would be pointless in our forward line at the moment and he'd be slaughtered by the bigger bodies in those contested situations.

A talent, no doubt, but needs to be a lot stronger to fit it to our mix as a tall forward unless Hinkley changes the way we move the ball forward and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Agreed, the current game plan would put Marshall under enormous pressure and could absolutely f*** with his confidence.
I believe a good sanfl finals series would be much better for him at this stage of his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back