West Coast Eagles Assistant Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

.....WCE is too prouder club to stay down for too long. Surely we cant have a third year of ****in terrible injuries??

Scott Burns was an overrated midfield coach. Look at what he has done with the midfield. Our back line was the reason we made the 8 last yea with scholfield, waters and hurn rebounding so well. With them gone we needed midfield to stand and the didn't. He has had a few years in the job and people are giving him plaudits even though he has done nothing with midfield. Shuey has stalled, gaff gone backwards, scott selwood still can't kick, brad shep still hasn't dont much, priddis is one dimesional, the only improvement I have seen is with masten

Scott Burns was an overrated midfield coach. Look at what he has done with the midfield. Our back line was the reason we made the 8 last yea with scholfield, waters and hurn rebounding so well. With them gone we needed midfield to stand and the didn't. He has had a few years in the job and people are giving him plaudits even though he has done nothing with midfield. Shuey has stalled, gaff gone backwards, scott selwood still can't kick, brad shep still hasn't dont much, priddis is one dimesional, the only improvement I have seen is with masten

Tells me one thing. The midfield needs to focus on growing beards in the off-season... that and burning down houses on the training track ;)

Cant believe Simpson has pulled in Brady Rawlings......christ......talk about a boys club.....and what did they ever win at the Roos through the 2000s. Simpson may be about to realise theres a big difference between hiding behind a senior coach and picking up some kudos for the senior guys achievements. If Rawlings is the best Simo can get its not gona be all roses at WC!!
Ridiculous uninformed comment.

I thought today that right about now Cousins could have been installed as an assistant coach on his way to coaching us.

He would have been an outstanding coach I reckon.
He undoubtedly could've been outstanding at many things but unfortunately for him he chose to mess up his life and those of others by using illicit substances. A terrible waste.

WELCOME ON BOARD BRADY RAWLINGS :)

I like the appointment. Sounds like his got his head switched on development wise and comes with good reviews from North. Would like to see him get involved in the midfield group as a stoppage coach or working with the smaller defenders

He could no doubt help out in the Recruiting department as well.

Spoke to Masto....he thought you were the massive hipster **** head...

How old are you?? "I know you are, but what am I" I can assure I am probably the complete opposite of "hipster" god even that term makes me cringe. In the end it doesn't matter what these guys are like outside of footy, as long as they are staying out of trouble off field, and giving a decent effort on it, then they can do what they want. Masten was one of a very small number that actually looked like he cared out there this year.

How old are you?? "I know you are, but what am I" I can assure I am probably the complete opposite of "hipster" god even that term makes me cringe. In the end it doesn't matter what these guys are like outside of footy, as long as they are staying out of trouble off field, and giving a decent effort on it, then they can do what they want. Masten was one of a very small number that actually looked like he cared out there this year.

thats what i said m8....Masto delivers maximum effort...and top attitude. Who gives a shit about the tatts and beard. Schofield doesnt deliver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats what i said m8....Masto delivers maximum effort...and top attitude. Who gives a shit about the tatts and beard. Schofield doesnt deliver.

Yeah but in all honesty, Schofield has delivered in the past, just had a bad year last year. Not sure if it's because he cut off his beard:D or because he, like many others, may have believed all the pre season hype and just gone out there expecting to win. I doubt proffesional athletes would fall into that trap but it sure looked like that from the outside looking in, which after all, is all that we are doing, we have no real idea what's going on, just our own opinions and what we see on the field. Maybe Schofield was given different roles this season than the last few and he struggled to adapt.

Yeah but in all honesty, Schofield has delivered in the past, just had a bad year last year. Not sure if it's because he cut off his beard:D or because he, like many others, may have believed all the pre season hype and just gone out there expecting to win. I doubt proffesional athletes would fall into that trap but it sure looked like that from the outside looking in, which after all, is all that we are doing, we have no real idea what's going on, just our own opinions and what we see on the field. Maybe Schofield was given different roles this season than the last few and he struggled to adapt.

agreed mate...at the end of the day i can accommodate certain things due to the injuries, but we cannot accommodate a lack of intensity by the boys that do go out on the park. Im only going by what i saw live, first hand...not reported, and to me Will's body language was appalling. The mistakes made by Butler and Will were pathetic...they both have played afl for long enough to not make the kinds of skill/decision mistakes they were making...but their body language at the ground was shithouse. With Butler, i wouldnt say he didnt try, but christ he made some appalling decisions re ball use.

I guess if we were to say that the hole team just lost confidence then we could explain away these things, but the thing is we had Ezy, Glass, Hurn, Cox, Priddis, Shuey, Scooter, Masto, Darling, Kennedy, and later Lycett giving maximum effort. I guess what im saying is our bad year exposed, for me, our weak players...mentally that is. I thought Lecca tried bloody hard too under tough physical conditions for himself. Whilst no one in our team realy performed exceptionaly well, the boys i mentioned kept fighting...i rate that.
I was very impressed with Carter and Tunbridge, effort wise i applaud them. And Lycett, i shredded him after round one, thought maybe we had a lemon, but after seeing live at the WCE V Ess game at Etihad i was blown away. I actually mistook him a few times from a distance for Darling. Im not joking, but that day i saw our new Cox. The dude is seriously mobile for a big dude.....effing fast!!

agreed mate...at the end of the day i can accommodate certain things due to the injuries, but we cannot accommodate a lack of intensity by the boys that do go out on the park. Im only going by what i saw live, first hand...not reported, and to me Will's body language was appalling. The mistakes made by Butler and Will were pathetic...they both have played afl for long enough to not make the kinds of skill/decision mistakes they were making...but their body language at the ground was shithouse. With Butler, i wouldnt say he didnt try, but christ he made some appalling decisions re ball use.

I guess if we were to say that the hole team just lost confidence then we could explain away these things, but the thing is we had Ezy, Glass, Hurn, Cox, Priddis, Shuey, Scooter, Masto, Darling, Kennedy, and later Lycett giving maximum effort. I guess what im saying is our bad year exposed, for me, our weak players...mentally that is. I thought Lecca tried bloody hard too under tough physical conditions for himself. Whilst no one in our team realy performed exceptionaly well, the boys i mentioned kept fighting...i rate that.
I was very impressed with Carter and Tunbridge, effort wise i applaud them. And Lycett, i shredded him after round one, thought maybe we had a lemon, but after seeing live at the WCE V Ess game at Etihad i was blown away. I actually mistook him a few times from a distance for Darling. Im not joking, but that day i saw our new Cox. The dude is seriously mobile for a big dude.....effing fast!!

I think that's what dissapointed me the most this year was it looked like so many guys just didn't care. That Richmond game over here on WA day was the worst I had seen up to that point, got worse as the year rolled on but that game just showed either they didn't care and had given up on the season or there were too many guys who lacked the fitness & hunger to compete. Let's hope Homer can put a rocket up majority of the squad and we see some much needed improvement. Also fully agree with your comments about Lycett, will develop into a very good ruckman, already has some cox like traits, good around the ground too which is waht modern day ruckman have to be.

Its quite concerning how much people focus on beards and tattoos haha our team will always be a mixed bag just like any workplace as long as everyone has a crack then I dont care if they show up to training riding a pink unicorn with a boombox on the shoulder playing Bieber.

Maybe we need a pie graph of the club prob 40%bogans/20%hipsters/15%straightedged/15%metrosexuals/10%other. Thats a pretty well rounded effort

I think that's what dissapointed me the most this year was it looked like so many guys just didn't care. That Richmond game over here on WA day was the worst I had seen up to that point, got worse as the year rolled on but that game just showed either they didn't care and had given up on the season or there were too many guys who lacked the fitness & hunger to compete. Let's hope Homer can put a rocket up majority of the squad and we see some much needed improvement. Also fully agree with your comments about Lycett, will develop into a very good ruckman, already has some cox like traits, good around the ground too which is waht modern day ruckman have to be.

As a team we had no passion from the NAB Cup onwards.

For that reason I am happy to see the cleanout of coaches. New coached can then set the standard / expectations for the players.

I am keen to see a new fitness coach

The centre work in the Tigers game was somewhat moronic, i mean seriously, time after time we would win the tap and Richmond would take the ball...first grab?? How the **** can that happen so many times in a row. I cannot accept that as a coaching problem. Between Nic and the mids, figure it the **** out boys. We didnt look like we had a clue, and more noticeably, when the Richmond player plucked the ball our mids would just let them take the ball away from the pack...clean. Now im no einstein, but i reckon that any reasonable mob of mids could surely have an impact at that point. Disgusting football.
Lycett actually knocked me for a six in the Ess game, id seen him live the previous yr, and thought he was solid, but this yr when he returned i truly thought we have something special here. He knows how to mark no question, needs work on kicking , but he is seriously quick. To mistake him for the king from the other end of the ground , a few times, is a fair indicator of his talent. Got a feeling he might have a few tricks Nic doesnt have, certainly not saying he is better than king Nic, but a different set of talents...more Cox like when Cox was younger, but seriously quick!

Its quite concerning how much people focus on beards and tattoos haha our team will always be a mixed bag just like any workplace as long as everyone has a crack then I dont care if they show up to training riding a pink unicorn with a boombox on the shoulder playing Bieber.

Maybe we need a pie graph of the club prob 40%bogans/20%hipsters/15%straightedged/15%metrosexuals/10%other. Thats a pretty well rounded effort

agreed Bros....deliver on the park and i couldnt give a toss, but if you dont perform then you get what comes your way. Life in the public eye. Cant have your cake and eat it too.

The centre work in the Tigers game was somewhat moronic, i mean seriously, time after time we would win the tap and Richmond would take the ball...first grab?? How the **** can that happen so many times in a row. I cannot accept that as a coaching problem. Between Nic and the mids, figure it the **** out boys. We didnt look like we had a clue, and more noticeably, when the Richmond player plucked the ball our mids would just let them take the ball away from the pack...clean. Now im no einstein, but i reckon that any reasonable mob of mids could surely have an impact at that point. Disgusting football.
Lycett actually knocked me for a six in the Ess game, id seen him live the previous yr, and thought he was solid, but this yr when he returned i truly thought we have something special here. He knows how to mark no question, needs work on kicking , but he is seriously quick. To mistake him for the king from the other end of the ground , a few times, is a fair indicator of his talent. Got a feeling he might have a few tricks Nic doesnt have, certainly not saying he is better than king Nic, but a different set of talents...more Cox like when Cox was younger, but seriously quick!
I blame Ploddus

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Eagles Assistant Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back