2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That result was very disappointing given the number of players available and the opposition.

Having said that, Subiaco had a lot of extra help out there today, if you know what I mean.

SUBIACO 16.11 107 def. WHAT'S THE POINT 13.10 88

From best to worst, but not really...

Coen Livingstone - 7 disposals, 3 marks, 1 tackle, 6 HOs, 3.0
Higher than he probably deserves, but I liked his ability to finish on a day where others struggled on the regular. Has a real presence about him. Wouldn't be opposed to a cheeky debut as second ruck before the end of the year.

Tyrell Dewar - 18 disposals, 7 marks, 2 tackles, 5 i50s, 0.1
Liked his game, leading and linking up well all game. Generally used the ball well, with a few exceptions. It'll be a genuine joke if he isn't given a chance in the seniors for the rest of the season. Why not?

Dom Sheed - 30 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 7 i50s, 1.0
Good numbers, kicked a ripping goal, but shouldn't be in contention for the senior side again. Doesn't have the skillset to contribute at that level any more. Should be given a farewell game and paid out/moved on.

Andrew Gaff - 29 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 6 i50s
See: Sheed, just without the goal. Not in selection contention, but will rightly get a farewell game at some point.

Archer Reid - 6 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 2.1
Would be a star for any other WAFL side. Not done any favours from the delivery from his teammates. Good aerial presence and is nimble/willing to apply a tackle.

Loch Rawlinson - 14 disposals, 9 marks, 3 i50s
Played pretty well today, a poor man's Dewar performance. 0 tackles is unlike him, but that stat may see a senior call up.

Jordyn Baker - 15 disposals, 7 marks, 2 tackles, 1 i50
Solid defensively but didn't think he offered as much rebound today. I really want to see Baker unleash the shackles and run.

Matt Flynn - 18 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 42 HOs, 3 i50s
This is probably harsh as his numbers are spectacular, but I thought he was pretty fumbly and ineffective today. Looked better in the second half when he tried to take possession out of the ruck. Don't think he's worth a recall yet.

Jamaine Jones - 19 disposals, 4 marks, 6 tackles, 2 i50s
A very sloppy performance, albeit he pressured well and you could never question his effort. Will be delisted.

Clay Hall - 15 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 2 i50s, 0.1
Not sure what Horsley is smoking thinking Hall on a wing is a good idea. Probably the same logic he used in leaving Ruscoe deep in the backline for 95% of the game. Mindless. Some poor disposals in a beige performance.

Rhett Bazzo - 13 disposals, 4 marks, 1 tackle, 1 i50
Hard to read where Rhett is at given his last 2 years, but he needs to be a bit tougher defensively and is prone to some errors by foot. Have faith that he'll develop well next year under a new system and coach.

Campbell Chesser - 16 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 1 i50
Got his hands on it, but was routinely caught with the footy. Went off a few times with the blood rule, can you believe it? Not sure if he understands the running patterns of a midfielder, maybe he should head to the back flank where the game can come at him a bit more/on the rebound he can be a bit more creative.

Harry Barnett - 7 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 15 HOs, 1.0
Archer handed him off a goal, and he touched it a few times in the second half, but I remain firmly unconvinced. I do think he'd benefit (if possible) from a loan to a Reserves side to play pure ruck and develop that craft.

Last edited:
I hope Gaff announces his retirement soon and we give him send off even if it’s sub. Form has been horrid last few season and missed a flag due to his own action but regardless has been a club legend and deserves one.
What gaff is an unrestricted free agent and will net us a good pick 🤣

I don’t see what the club see’s in barnett. i know Jamo was a very slow early on but his first year was written off due to covid and a lot of his issues early days was that he was under 90kgs but at-least competed as hard as he could.

Where did Rawlinson play today? 9 marks 0 tackles 0.0 is odd stats for a small forward.
Got most of his touches leading up around wing and half forward.

Played okay but generally speaking doesn't look up to it to me - no shame in that for such a late pick. Probably delisted.

I'll be pretty scathing here. That result is pathetic given the number of players available and the opposition.

Having said that, Subiaco had a lot of extra help out there today, if you know what I mean.

SUBIACO 16.11 107 def. WHAT'S THE POINT 13.10 88

From best to worst, but not really...

Coen Livingstone - 7 disposals, 3 marks, 1 tackle, 6 HOs, 3.0
Higher than he probably deserves, but I liked his ability to finish on a day where others struggled on the regular. Has a real presence about him. Wouldn't be opposed to a cheeky debut as second ruck before the end of the year.

Tyrell Dewar - 18 disposals, 7 marks, 2 tackles, 5 i50s, 0.1
Liked his game, leading and linking up well all game. Generally used the ball well, with a few exceptions. It'll be a genuine joke if he isn't given a chance in the seniors for the rest of the season. Why not?

Dom Sheed - 30 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles, 7 i50s, 1.0
Good numbers, kicked a ripping goal, but shouldn't be in contention for the senior side again. Doesn't have the skillset to contribute at that level any more. Should be given a farewell game and paid out/moved on.

Andrew Gaff - 29 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 6 i50s
See: Sheed, just without the goal. Not in selection contention, but will rightly get a farewell game at some point.

Archer Reid - 6 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 2.1
Would be a star for any other WAFL side. Not done any favours from the delivery from his teammates. Good aerial presence and is nimble/willing to apply a tackle.

Loch Rawlinson - 14 disposals, 9 marks, 3 i50s
Played pretty well today, a poor man's Dewar performance. 0 tackles is unlike him, but that stat may see a senior call up.

Jordyn Baker - 15 disposals, 7 marks, 2 tackles, 1 i50
Solid defensively but didn't think he offered as much rebound today. I really want to see Baker unleash the shackles and run.

Matt Flynn - 18 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 42 HOs, 3 i50s
This is probably harsh as his numbers are spectacular, but I thought he was pretty fumbly and ineffective today. Looked better in the second half when he tried to take possession out of the ruck. Don't think he's worth a recall yet.

Jamaine Jones - 19 disposals, 4 marks, 6 tackles, 2 i50s
A very sloppy performance, albeit he pressured well and you could never question his effort. Will be delisted.

Clay Hall - 15 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 2 i50s, 0.1
Not sure what Horsley is smoking thinking Hall on a wing is a good idea. Probably the same logic he used in leaving Ruscoe deep in the backline for 95% of the game. Mindless. Some poor disposals in a beige performance.

Rhett Bazzo - 13 disposals, 4 marks, 1 tackle, 1 i50
Hard to read where Rhett is at given his last 2 years, but he needs to be a bit tougher defensively and is prone to some errors by foot. Have faith that he'll develop well next year under a new system and coach.

Campbell Chesser - 16 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 1 i50
Got his hands on it, but was routinely caught with the footy. Went off a few times with the blood rule, can you believe it? Not sure if he understands the running patterns of a midfielder, maybe he should head to the back flank where the game can come at him a bit more/on the rebound he can be a bit more creative.

Harry Barnett - 7 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 15 HOs, 1.0
Archer handed him off a goal, and he touched it a few times in the second half, but I remain firmly unconvinced. I do think he'd benefit (if possible) from a loan to a Reserves side to play pure ruck and develop that craft.

Genuinely appreciate the effort you put onto these write ups.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back