2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just an absolute joke of a team, really need to be asking questions about what the point of them is. Surely would be better off for all involved if they were disbanded.

So the fact they're beating our 2nds is an embarrassment.

The usual horrid effort, something has to be done about the sub standard performances of this team, they look like they're out on a picnic and don't care much about winning.

Most of the top ups contribute nothing along with some of the squad players.

Sit down, little brother. Daddy's home.

PERTH 13.16 94 def. WEST COAST 6.10 46

From best to worst, but not really...

Campbell Chesser - 22 disposals, 1 mark, 3 tackles, 3 i50s
Grew into the game today. Looks best when he's running through the middle, linking up by hand. Disposal and composure still leaves a bit to be desired.

Jordyn Baker - 17 disposals, 4 marks, 1 tackle, 1 i50
Solid, as per. Runs up the field and tries to create some play. Composed, works well in tight. Worthy of a senior call up.

Jai Culley - 17 disposals, 3 marks, 7 tackles, 3 i50s, 1.0
Started like a house on fire, Perth shut him down after quarter time. Was clean by hand but was visibly frustrated late.

Rhett Bazzo - 14 disposals, 8 marks, 1 tackle
Solid for the most part, but I have the same question re: Bazzo that I do for Barnett - has the occasional moment where he doesn't go hard enough or commit fully. Not a great trait for a tall defender. Coming from a long way back though, so I have faith this will improve next year.

Matt Flynn - 14 disposals, 3 marks, 30 HOs, 1.1
I was one of the few not overly impressed with his work last week in spite of his stellar numbers. The stats aren't as good this week, but I feel the same anyway. His one wood of taking it out of the ruck is a little predictable and I'd like to see more actual tap ruck craft at this level. Not worthy of a call up IMO.

Archer Reid - 4 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 2.0
Looks good when he has it and finished well. Exposed down back when sent there to quell Clarke. Enough to work with.

Jamaine Jones - 13 disposals, 8 marks, 5 tackles
Very sloppy early, likely has stamped his papers. Tackled and pressured well. Lacks awareness and composure.

Loch Rawlinson - 7 disposals, 1 mark, 3 tackles, 1 i50, 1.1
Nice goal in the third, but I don't think there's enough there to work with. Think he'll end up a decent state player.

Coen Livingstone - 4 disposals, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 5 HOs, 0.1
Big step backwards against his old club. His few disposals were generally poor and really struggled to get into the game.

Harry Barnett - 2 disposals, 1 mark, 9 HOs
Pretty much a non-entity today. A few taps in the last quarter I suppose. Outmarked too often for a tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sit down, little brother. Daddy's home.

PERTH 13.16 94 def. WEST COAST 6.10 46

From best to worst, but not really...

Campbell Chesser - 22 disposals, 1 mark, 3 tackles, 3 i50s
Grew into the game today. Looks best when he's running through the middle, linking up by hand. Disposal and composure still leaves a bit to be desired.

Jordyn Baker - 17 disposals, 4 marks, 1 tackle, 1 i50
Solid, as per. Runs up the field and tries to create some play. Composed, works well in tight. Worthy of a senior call up.

Jai Culley - 17 disposals, 3 marks, 7 tackles, 3 i50s, 1.0
Started like a house on fire, Perth shut him down after quarter time. Was clean by hand but was visibly frustrated late.

Rhett Bazzo - 14 disposals, 8 marks, 1 tackle
Solid for the most part, but I have the same question re: Bazzo that I do for Barnett - has the occasional moment where he doesn't go hard enough or commit fully. Not a great trait for a tall defender. Coming from a long way back though, so I have faith this will improve next year.

Matt Flynn - 14 disposals, 3 marks, 30 HOs, 1.1
I was one of the few not overly impressed with his work last week in spite of his stellar numbers. The stats aren't as good this week, but I feel the same anyway. His one wood of taking it out of the ruck is a little predictable and I'd like to see more actual tap ruck craft at this level. Not worthy of a call up IMO.

Archer Reid - 4 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 2.0
Looks good when he has it and finished well. Exposed down back when sent there to quell Clarke. Enough to work with.

Jamaine Jones - 13 disposals, 8 marks, 5 tackles
Very sloppy early, likely has stamped his papers. Tackled and pressured well. Lacks awareness and composure.

Loch Rawlinson - 7 disposals, 1 mark, 3 tackles, 1 i50, 1.1
Nice goal in the third, but I don't think there's enough there to work with. Think he'll end up a decent state player.

Coen Livingstone - 4 disposals, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 5 HOs, 0.1
Big step backwards against his old club. His few disposals were generally poor and really struggled to get into the game.

Harry Barnett - 2 disposals, 1 mark, 9 HOs
Pretty much a non-entity today. A few taps in the last quarter I suppose. Outmarked too often for a tall.
The Harry Barnett write up is absurdly generous when you look at the one you did for Livingstone...

Depth of the list is not great. Few injuries and suspensions and we are back to being non competitive in the seconds. Like what Archer Reid is producing in a team getting starved of inside 50's. Baker has been good hopefully he gets an opportunity but I could also see him not making the cut. Be an interesting last 4 weeks for a few players career prospects.

The Harry Barnett write up is absurdly generous when you look at the one you did for Livingstone...
I like Coen, was a bit disappointed he didn't put in another good game today. Has had a few good weeks.

He's ahead of Barnett in the pecking order at the moment, no doubt.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back