Remove this Banner Ad

Chris who

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I have not been one to bag this young side to soon
But after this performance lots of things in my house have been smashed in rage.
I expect many players would be ashamed of this performance.

Today for the first time ever I am ashamed to be a West Coast member.

What a pathetic effort tonight

No ticker, no confidence, pathetic disposal from the 2nd qtr on. Too few prepared to get their hands dirty. Brett Jones and Nicoski should never play league footy again. (I'll be kinder tomorrow, maybe, but that's how I feel right now)

And Worsfold was r*ped by a tactically far superior coach.

Are there any internal blues going on at the club? Spirit was lacking last week against Sydney in a game we were competitive in, and was pretty pathetic again tonight.

All in all, apart from the 1st quarter, complete and utter sheisen.

Midfield exposed

For once Priddis and Rosa didn't shield our midfield with 70 nothing posessions so we could see where we're really at. It's common knowledge that if either/both of these players hang around they will be bit part players if we are to fulfill our potential.

Tonight both those players had limited possession and you could see we have a long way to go. I'm comfortable with our KPPs (Glass, Mckenzie, Kennedy, Mckinley) and their potential. Outside the midfield and KPPs, the rest are unimportant - they all just fall into line when when the important players dominate.

The midfield is our concern. Out midfield got completely flogged today. Cox had an unusual poor day and Kerr is finding it too hard without support.

We just have to get games into these kids. Forget going back to Stenglein or Fletcher, just get games into the kids. And I'm not saying rush Swift, Naita etc into the team, but when they're ready, play them. And put games into masten, Cockie, Ebert, Selwood.

I was fortunate enough to miss the shellacking we got from the Saints, but at least we got beaten by a team that was up and running on their own dunghill.

Very, very disappointing effort tonight.

Can't think of one player that won their position, just a couple who could say they break even.

Disposal was terrible, our set-ups were terrible, decision making was terrible and on and on. Couldn't even stay on our feet for most of the night.

Even came with the obligatory brain fart from Kerr tring to headbutt Lockyer - the same thing he did to Scott West last year and got rubbed out for.

That was so pathetically bad that I simply don't have an opinion, I'm just too numb.

Are we so soft that we require a spray from the coach to be able to win the next game? And then when we win, we go soft again?

I know.

I have been so patient over the last couple of years.. reminding myself that we are young, that we are gaining experience, that things will improve.. but tonight I was just beyond frustrated with the teams inability to think, to regain themselves, to challenge... in a game that I thought we should have won.

I was embarassed watching us butcher the ball. I was embarassed watching us constantly kick to disadvantage.. to kick to the wing rather than use the corridor.

I felt sorry for Kennedy and McKinley - how can forwards operate when the ball could fall anywhere?

I believe that we will improve but tonight was the first time that I have been so angry - so embarassed.

Thoughts On Tonight's Dismal Effort...

Ugh, worst loss I can remember since the middle stages of last year.

Hardly any positives but...

-Thought Seaby was ok
-Kennedy was decent
-Scott Selwood showed a bit
-Really like Cockie as a player

Negatives

-Woosha's Coaching. For starters, bringing Jones in for Lecras was a TERRIBLE move. Our problem was never going to be in defense, it was always going to be scoring goals. Awful judgement call by Woosh and to make matters worse, Jones was terrible.

-Woosha's Coaching #2. How the **** can Pendlebury and Davis run free all night? Arguably the only two Collingwood players who will hurt you with their ball use. Should consider bringing Stenglein back, we lack another run with player apart from Selwood

More to come

Re: What a pathetic effort tonight

Even in Freo's darkest hours - they would have been proud of our effort tonight because we are giving them a run for their money.:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Midfield exposed

I know, Kerr does not have support. But, please, he butchers the ball as bad as Priddis. Tonight, he was pretty bad. He is no superstar.

Would love to see Houlihan in the side. Houlihan >>>>Rosa

Edit: And on Stenglein, would like to see him back, just so we could actually tag someone out of the game

We are a long way off unfortunately.

Our draw is a bloody tough one, any more than 8 wins would be unlikely.

Time to start cutting away the dead wood and blooding the youth

But yeah, appalling effort tonight. No one showed anything really. I watched the Crows game today and their attack on the ball was ferocious. We were soft from the start

Re: Thoughts On Tonight's Dismal Effort...

disagree on seaby. thought he was completely hopeless tonight. when he went up forward in the last quarter we'd have been better off with a scarecrow up there.

disagree on kennedy. decent doesn't do him just. he was sensational again IMO. to be able to take 7 marks with that sort of delivery is unreal (especially considering i thought he was arse r*ped by his opponent in a couple of other contests)

agree on cockie and selwood.

cockie needs to get more of the ball. he's a little bull of a player. very strong for his size. great vision to set up our first goal. when he had the ball in his hands (which wasn't often) good things happened.

hurn was pretty good defensively again but he needs to have more of an influence. he's easily the best kick in our side (bar one shank tonight) and that piece of vision in the last quarter to send the ball inside was great. unfortunately the ball fell about a metre short of the team mate (it was an attempted 55 metre pass)...

so so many negatives - i don't really care about the skill errors, as shocking as they were. they can be worked on in the future. but the decision making, the desperation, and the work rate was nothing short of pathetic. these are things that come natural to players and we can't afford to be so inconsistent in these areas. last week the desperation was amazing. first half of fremantle game - amazing... tonight, the entire night, it just wasn't there at all.

Seriously cant see us winning another game for a long time.

and if people say "we'll beat Melbourne or Richmond in Melbourne" you are dreaming!!!

Rd 10 v Carl @ Dome - LOSS
Rd 11 v Geel @ Subi - HAHAHAHAHAHA
Rd 12 v Rich @ Dome - LOSS
Rd 13 v Haw @ Subi - LOSS
Rd 14 v Melb @ MCG - LOSS
Rd 15 v StK @ Subi - LOSS
Rd 16 v Port @ AAMI - Oh dear lord!!!
Rd 17 v Freo @ Subi - Hmmmmm... maybe 40/60 chance.
Rd 18 v Ess @ Subi - 50/50 if we play our best and Ess have massive injury list by then - plus I'll be in WA and wanna see us do alright.
Rd 19 v Dogs @ Dome - LOSS
Rd 20 v North @ Subi - 50/50
Rd 21 v Adel @ AAMI - LOSS
Rd 22 v Rich @ Subi - 50/50

bottom 4 and a top 5 draft pick at best - why not play the kids.

I watched the ST kilda game this years and just thought we were outplayed .
Tonight we wernt outplayed we just didnt want to play.
Im not going to name names but if I were john worsfold I would put certain players on notice.

That was a shocking effort tonight, "SHOCKING EFFORT"
Definately our worst performance of the season. At least against the saints the opposition was at home and at full strength and has gone on to prove that they are of premium quality.

Honestly, some of our players (young and senior) are attocious! Missing easy targets time and again, putting handballs down at players feet, bombing the ball time and again into a forward line outnumbered by Collingwood defenders, going out wide and not making proper use of the corrider, the list goes on..

Also, what is our current game plan? Woosha seems to change it from week to week! I know you've gotta have more than one at times, but ours seems to change radically on a weekly basis, which can't be the best thing for our rookies and younger player footy development.

I think tonight highlighted how overly reliant we have become on LaCras up forward too! He have no other quality small forwards/crumbers and no idea how to deliver to the bigger guys for advantage play.

I think the scoreline probably flattered us in the end due to some late (and questonable) McKinnley goals.

We play my most hated team next week (Carlton). Who will be keen to atone for their loss. I suspect their young runners will love Subi, so be prepared for another bloodbath :-(

Our worst performance for the year.

Ans unfortunately will not get easier over next month - Carlton (a), Geelong (h), Richmond (a) and Hawthorn (h). So it is reasonable to expect to only win 1 of those at the best maybe none.

I said at the start of the year that we would win somewhere between 6-8 games and still think that will be the mark. The thing is we have such a young side so we will be up and down like a yoyo, but some of the mistakes made were terrible.

I think we should go all out on youth and bring in Nata, Swift, Schofield and Houli and play them for the rest of the year.

Look we have the basics of a sound game plan with the capable players to takes us into the finals in the coming years, so its time to get rid of the players that are not going to be at our club when we next win a flag.

Fletcher, Hansen, Staker, Stinga, Seaby gone and Wirra to retire at years end

Doubtful - Rosa, Nicoski, Jones along with the above should be put on the table for draft picks.

-Woosha's Coaching #2. How the **** can Pendlebury and Davis run free all night? Arguably the only two Collingwood players who will hurt you with their ball use. Should consider bringing Stenglein back, we lack another run with player apart from Selwood

Yeah what was with that? I don't think Leon had an opponent. Pissed me off so much.

Re: What a pathetic effort tonight

Leave us out of this.

You guys are missing a midfield, similar to us. Kerr has not been able to 'take the mantle' so to speak because no other team is worried if Priddis and co get the ball. They just hammer Kerr.

Question is will Masten develop and move ft into the midfield and will Ebert develop as another inside/outide mid?

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast - Gutless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back