Preview West Coast Vs Essendon - Domain Stadium - Saturday June 13 - 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

O'Brien had his career best game on Saturday. I've generally been a critic but he was really good and his disposals were very effective. He looks a perfect matchup for Priddis. He's earnt a spot which can't be said of Melksham

NOB%20Bandwagon_zpsl4bvskb8.jpg

Let's not get too carried away with how players performed against Geelong in the VFL, the senior team had 28 players to chose from, our VFL side was pretty much playing a suburban team.

We must make a statement into which direction we are going to take this week at the selection table this week.
Bring in Browne, Laverde, Edwards and it looks like Giles has to play.
Out go. Chappy ( call it a rest but will surely struggle to get a game after bye) Dempsey, Bellchambers and Gleeson (freshen up).

We can't afford to have Coons and Chappy in the same line up anymore.

If we can beat the Eagles by 10 goals(unlikely) and Port and Sydney win next week (which they should), we are only 1 game out of the 8...!!

Love the ladder predictor ;)

I can't see them making too many changes, they are just going to pick what they think is the best 22..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Brien played well. I don't think he'll make it however.

I've thought for a long time that his best chance of making it is to model his game on Cameron Ling's. I hardly get to see any VFL games but from what I have seen and also read he seems to have very similar strengths (stature, endurance, ability to win and find the footy) and weaknesses (questionable hurt factor, one-paced).

Does he ever get any tagging jobs? If so, how has he gone?

I've thought for a long time that his best chance of making it is to model his game on Cameron Ling's. I hardly get to see any VFL games but from what I have seen and also read he seems to have very similar strengths (stature, endurance, ability to win and find the footy) and weaknesses (questionable hurt factor, one-paced).

Does he ever get any tagging jobs? If so, how has he gone?
That's a good comparison. He hasn't really got any tagging jobs as there aren't really any mids in the VFL good enough for that.

O'Brien played well. I don't think he'll make it however.

I agree that ultimately NOB won't make it but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be considered this week in the absence of Watson, Myers, hocking , Zaharakis. He can do a role this week as a run with player and I'd rather him do it than Melksham

In: Laverde, browne. Edwards, Giles

Out: gleeson, ambrose/Dempsey , chapman, bellchambers

Edward or laverde as sub

Need pace against the eagles

Poor by Gleeson. Didn't really notice him at all during the game. Dempsey was trying to create opportunities but kept panicking.

Amazing what a difference it makes when confidence is down.

Issue is that players appear to be too worried about themselves personally. Rather than going out there and playing for the team and basically enjoying playing together as one.

We must make a statement into which direction we are going to take this week at the selection table this week.
Bring in Browne, Laverde, Edwards and it looks like Giles has to play.
Out go. Chappy ( call it a rest but will surely struggle to get a game after bye) Dempsey, Bellchambers and Gleeson (freshen up).

We can't afford to have Coons and Chappy in the same line up anymore.
http://www.3aw.com.au/news/mark-tho...ing-shortcuts-everywhere-20150608-ghiywc.html

I know they keep saying Watson only had a 1 week injury but if he is anything other than 100% fit I'd give him the extra 2 weeks off and hope he comes back raring to go after the bye.

According to Reidy we can expect Watto and Zacka back this week.
I'll go with in Watto Zacka Browne Laverde and Giles
Out Chapman Gleeson Dempsey Ambrose and Belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back