AFLW West Coast Womens 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

#1 pick looks good

For me it won’t be Centra or Fish who are both dynamite in their own right.

It’ll be the best tall I’ve seen play live and is Dean Cox type ruck. Can mark, ruck and get her own ball and has speed… she ran off Zippy Fish like she was nothing in the champs.

Qlds Havana Harris - absolute weapon. Sign me up.

So many clubs will look to trade players for picks this year, this draft class is magnificent as is next years. Bloody exciting
My impression was that Gold Coast will get first shot at her because she's in their Academy. No, I've no idea how that works either. If she is available at pick 1, then great. But I'd be equally happy with Centra.

Roux with a free against for protecting a teammate but then takes it too far and gives away 50. No harm done as the siren sounds.

Odd half. Definitely better signs than last week but still cannot connect to the forward 60-70 or so.

Highlight of the first half was the younger commentator busting out “by golly, by jingo, by crikey” all as one sentence during some biff.
Pretty sure thats CrowdedHouse, long time Bigfooty poster, and one of the earliest participants on the womens footy boards. Got into this doing voluntary live streaming and radio commentary on womens games, long before the AFL got involved.

Even went to the US and did some commentary at the USAFL national championships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to hear Kirby doing some commentary in the Freo game. One for you, Ochre

Less good to see Ash McCarthy kicking Freo's first 2 goals of the season.
Was just about to lament the fact that McCarthy has slotted 2 in the space of a minute too. Almost just slotted a third, the Irish girls are complementing each other well.

Was just about to lament the fact that McCarthy has slotted 2 in the space of a minute too. Almost just slotted a third, the Irish girls are complementing each other well.
Not sure what the Bombers defenders were doing for her first one tbf, fell well short and they ran forward of it and it just bounced through haha.

Haven’t been watching today but Essendon trailing Freo at home. Dogs lost 72-9.

Next up is Essendon at home then Dogs away. Do we even dare dream about a three win season, let alone a 3-0 start?

Bombers lost two players early which hasn't helped. Their defence has looked very leaky. Will be an interesting contest next week as we are expecting some numbers back

Great to hear Kirby doing some commentary in the Freo game. One for you, Ochre

Less good to see Ash McCarthy kicking Freo's first 2 goals of the season
I think it's the thing that's finally made my mother take an interest in AFLW. Shame she isn't filming a new season atm though

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW West Coast Womens 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back