Western Bulldogs v Fremantle, Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha pretty sure he kept finding the ball. The failure to pay an obvious htb free to Doggies 10 metres out with a few minutes to go, was pretty fortunate for you if you want to talk about luck. Freo probably deserved the win but need to be a bit more convincing I would have thought.
The failure to pay a free kick to Taberner that resulted in a Dickson goal?

As for the ball finding him, the kick by Stringer sailed over Dalhaus (the intended target) and Dickson came in at the last moment, right man in the right spot. Next week he won't even kick one.

Terrific game. Dickson 7, Pavlich 5, Fyfe on report, Fyfe another 3 votes, Fremantle another fade-out, Fremantle another win, Dogs bounce back after last week. A lot of talking points to come out of this game!

Wouldn't call that a fade out? I'd say just a good challenge from a good team!

You guys won - your game changer was the free not paid, the bullies poor kicking at the end, and that great mark and goal to seal it.
It changed the game, it brought it closer to the point where the Bulldogs drew level. That is game changing. Had it have been paid, he may have kicked the goal or set something up, which would have stopped the momentum.

Wouldn't call that a fade out? I'd say just a good challenge from a good team!

Perhaps a poor choice of words, but it's another week where you've come out of the blocks and not put in a 4 quarter performance.

I personally don't see the problem with it, but it will definitely continue to be a talking point within the media.

The failure to pay a free kick to Taberner that resulted in a Dickson goal?

As for the ball finding him, the kick by Stringer sailed over Dalhaus (the intended target) and Dickson came in at the last moment, right man in the right spot. Next week he won't even kick one.
Haha -A charitable attitude like yours will take you far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps a poor choice of words, but it's another week where you've come out of the blocks and not put in a 4 quarter performance.

I personally don't see the problem with it, but it will definitely continue to be a talking point within the media.

Ross Lyon's game plan can be pretty taxing, St Kilda often slowed up in the last quarters when he coached us.

Just look at the 2009 GF when we were all over Geelong in the first half but then couldn't score in the last quarter after running out of legs.

The saints tears in this thread are delicious

No tears from me, I tipped Freo but it would have been nice to see the Bulldogs pull off an upset.

Last edited:
Brownlow votes:

3. - Nathan Fyfe (Fremantle)
2. - Robert Murphy (Western Bulldogs)
1. - Michael Johnson (Fremantle)
Leigh Fisher stiff. :)

46 inside 50's, smashed in contested possessions and hit outs as well as overall disposals. They had a fair bit of luck. 14.4 too, not often a team kicks that straight. Tory Dickson will never have a luckier match, ball just kept finding him.
Gracious in victory!

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs v Fremantle, Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back