Western Bulldogs v Fremantle, Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

The only free kicks that should've been paid, should've gone our way. It was so one-sided

I thought there were quite a few odd calls - no more than the deliberate OOB.

Umps are umps they rarely decide the winner, Doggies could of won it if they were good enough ....now they go back and work on making sure next time they get better and do it.

Hey, we won and I'm happy. But you want to see a fair game and free kicks paid both ways. The free kick differential the last two times we have played you at Etihad is really concerning. Numbers don't lie.

They do mate ....free kick counts don't have to be even.

Freo would just about be unbeatable if their forwards would lead properly.
That is the main difference between us and Hawthorn/Sydney. They have experienced forwards. We have Clarke and Taberner down there to complement Pavlich and at times it works (first Quarter) and at others it doesnt.

Umpires don't pay them when they think they are not there, it just does not happen, they may miss some , and yes they did your way, but missed some the other way too.

The umpiring today was pretty pathetic, the side that copped the poor end of it is naturally going to complain about it more. whether you want to argue if it was favouritism or incompetence is irrelevant.

The umpiring today was pretty pathetic, the side that copped the poor end of it is naturally going to complain about it more. whether you want to argue if it was favouritism or incompetence is irrelevant.
Difference is the amount of complaining, the dogs get it bad going interstate and even against the \tigers but there was not much whining.

Very good game to watch .Although the Bulldogs didn't win they showed the rest of the comp a thing or two about freo.They(freo) are not the unbeatable powerhouse that they are hyped up to be.They have a big advantage with Sandilands and Fyfe at the stoppages and some good run through the midfield but far from unbeatable..

Was anybody really suggesting we're unbeatable though? We've always been vulnerable against kamikaze, corridor happy teams like Port and the Dogs so it shouldn't have been too surprising that they ran us close today. I think North will beat us next week.

Difference is the amount of complaining, the dogs get it bad going interstate and even against the \tigers but there was not much whining.

Everyone thinks their team gets it bad, and everyone thinks their supporters don't whine as much as others. Your supporters aren't special or difference to others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game of footy. One of the best of the year.
Shame about Fyfe's brain fade, but he has to go for that, could've broken Stevens' leg.

You have got to be shitting me, break his leg ?

He slipped over and tried to steady himself, barely made contact, it will be thrown out or a fine for being clumsy.

Talk about an over reaction

All the wank in here about umpires and then I read that,

Everyone thinks their team gets it bad, and everyone thinks their supporters don't whine as much as others. Your supporters aren't special or difference to others.
All i remember is the Richmond game where like your side we won but got shitted on in the free kick department, and i remember not a lot being said about it, was more about the victory.

You have got to be shitting me, break his leg ?

He slipped over and tried to steady himself, barely made contact, it will be thrown out or a fine for being clumsy.

Talk about an over reaction

All the wank in here about umpires and then I read that,
I'll have to take a look at some replays but at the ground it looked like he slipped and then kicked Stevens legs out from underneath him by swinging his leg in an arcing motion, like a dangerous soccer tackle. Could have been ugly.

Very good game to watch .Although the Bulldogs didn't win they showed the rest of the comp a thing or two about freo.They(freo) are not the unbeatable powerhouse that they are hyped up to be.They have a big advantage with Sandilands and Fyfe at the stoppages and some good run through the midfield but far from unbeatable..

No team is unbeatable, only people pumping up our tyres are the flog commentators who then barrack for the opposition we are playing,

They love to have 2 bob each way.

North will be very hard to beat next week, they love subi and always worry us, they beat us last year.

I'll have to take a look at some replays but at the ground it looked like he slipped and then kicked Stevens legs out from underneath him by swinging his leg in an arcing motion, like a dangerous soccer tackle. Could have been ugly.

I honestly didn't think it was that bad, it certainly wasn't a deliberate kick.

Just heard Ross Lyon in the presser explain how one side of the ground was bone dry, the other was slippery as. That's how I saw it.

But we are talking about the MRP, and as you know its a lottery.

All i remember is the Richmond game where like your side we won but got shitted on in the free kick department, and i remember not a lot being said about it, was more about the victory.

That's what happens when you follow a side that's not used to winning games of footy. The manner of the win or the quality of the game matters less.

That's what happens when you follow a side that's not used to winning games of footy. The manner of the win or the quality of the game matters less.
No because we played well regardless of the missed free kicks. have my thoughts and you have yours, move on.

No one is "unbeatable" and that's not really the talk. The intelligent talk is around the gameplan to make a break on opponents and ease of once +30, consolidate (best case) that lead or hold off a comeback (worst case). Only people who deny the quality of Lyon scoff that it's a reality.

Still undefeated with this method. Still visibly conserving our stocks (injury risk) and energy output. Nothing about it is "perfect" or dominant. But it's results are unquestionable. Just look at the last 5 mins of the game. The switch can be flipped when challenged.

You didn't hear Fyfe suggest they were lucky to win this game. You heard him say "we knew they'd come at us, and pleasing to scrape out the win". You think someone who was aiming to beat a team into submission and rack up percentage would be pleased at conceding 30 point lead?

Please.. It's deliberate. Percentage isn't as big factor as banking wins and conversing for finals. Even this early its a good tactic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs v Fremantle, Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back