Ins
Ridley
Clarke
Fantasia

Outs
Hartley/Dea
Langford
Begley

Begley stays in if Fanta still isn't fit, Clarke ive brought in for his tackling pressure and workrate i also wouldn't be against lining him up on Bontempelli. Hartley and Dea go out depending on who the Dogs bring in. They will miss Trengove so i expect them to bring in Boyd to be the pinch hit ruck for English. Hartley would be the matchup for him if he plays, if its Dickson who comes in then its Hartley who goes out and Dea is the matchup for Dickson.
Surely Brown goes before Hartley or Dea?

The Bulldogs forward line and now back line is looking horrendously undersized. Tom Boyd is seriously underdone, too.

On paper, we should win by 50+.

Dogs by 10.

Do you think that mindset has been built into him over his time at the club?

You are not good enough, you need to change this, and this..

Or is that just his go
He is probably just a realist. Is he going to win the game for us from the middle right now? No.
As a supporter you just like to see campaigner factor i guess. He will probably just go on in his cruisey way until he makes it or not. All might be forgiven, or all might be vilified for not having a pointlessly aggressive attitude

The real reason we see us drop games to lowly side is we are consistently shown up as unable to adapt when sides attempt to play defensively against us.

Carlton did it to us last year, so did Brisbane - they went in to the game with a plan to mitigate our run and limit the damage, and we simply seem unwilling to change our game to compensate.

Fremantle dropped players back and our response is to try bomb the ball in - it's ridiculous, it's a problem in the coaches box and it needs to stop.

The only plus I see this week is that Beveridge is a garbage coach, and likely won't try do the same. Head to head you would think we'd beat the Dogs.

But geez we're a shitfully coached side when adaptation is required.

THIS!

We have some talented kids and can play an attacking game so when we turn up pressure around the ball and create space for us to run into we look great. However, we're a long way away from being a very good side who can overcome the opposition planning heavily for us. We don't adapt to them shutting down our strengths and our weaknesses are too big to be able to play through them.

I wouldn't say it is a mindset of the players. It is reminiscent of a team on the rise and a coaching panel without a plan C or D. Teams who are on the rise either play a game plan that minimises their weaknesses and they beat up on the teams around and below them, or they maximise their strengths and have inspiring wins against good sides and don't really beat up on lowly sides. We definitely fall into the latter camp, as did Port a few years ago.

Think some statements need to be made.

I would.

Out: Stringer, Tippa and Hartley

In: Myers, Fantasia and Clarke

FB: McKenna Hurley Dea

HB: Saad Brown Goddard

C: Zaka Zerrett Parish

HF: McGrath Daniher Fantasia

FF: Green Daniher Stewart

R: Bellchambers Heppell Smith

INT: Langford Begley Myers Clarke

Stringer and Tippa for mine just did not chase hard enough when needed. Hartley I think was worse than Brown.

Think some statements need to be made.

I would.

Out: Stringer, Tippa and Hartley

In: Myers, Fantasia and Clarke

FB: McKenna Hurley Dea

HB: Saad Brown Goddard

C: Zaka Zerrett Parish

HF: McGrath Daniher Fantasia

FF: Green Daniher Stewart

R: Bellchambers Heppell Smith

INT: Langford Begley Myers Clarke

Stringer and Tippa for mine just did not chase hard enough when needed. Hartley I think was worse than Brown.
Can guarantee he won't be dropped for this game, especially against the Dogs.

Yeah much as I think he should be in line for a spell in the twos, there is no ****ing way in hell you drop a burst player like Stringer against the side that kicked him out the door.

He's just as likely to be BOG as he is worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually thought if there was ever a week he does miss it would be against the old side and all the media pressure. From a mental side if things.

That said. I dont think it will happen or should.

ee597c3f4309be1f7542004fb174a1eb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back