Preview Western Bulldogs vs Essendon, Docklands, Sunday 08/04/18 @ 3:20 PM

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think that the point is seriously being missed in relation to Green. His pressure is only average to poor but this is more than supplemented by the addition of Begley who does a power of defensive work.

If Green is playing a 'decoy role' he's not doing his job because he can't seem to get himself off the TV screen.

Green reads the game very well and has the knack of being able to find the ball (particularly at the feet of a pack). At this point in time, he looks a better option than Tippa for what we need from that position in a structural sense. Part of that is working in the zone defensively but I'd say that it's much more important that he can find the ball and use it creatively from limited opportunities.

He could still end up dropped from the side to fit Fantasia back in.

Think that the point is seriously being missed in relation to Green. His pressure is only average to poor but this is more than supplemented by the addition of Begley who does a power of defensive work.

If Green is playing a 'decoy role' he's not doing his job because he can't seem to get himself off the TV screen.

Green reads the game very well and has the knack of being able to find the ball (particularly at the feet of a pack). At this point in time, he looks a better option than Tippa for what we need from that position in a structural sense. Part of that is working in the zone defensively but I'd say that it's much more important that he can find the ball and use it creatively from limited opportunities.

He could still end up dropped from the side to fit Fantasia back in.
This is incoherent and yet reasonably accurate. It shows just what a ****ing lottery selection is.

I reckon Green puts a lot of pressure on the opposition and then sneaks out the back to get into a goal scoring position.

He also does gut running when he gets a sniff of the goals. Very hard for the opposition to match up on.

89b1444ede1e50d6aa67af222782dff5

unnamed.gif

Hope i'm wrong, but this game has shitty Sunday twilight loss written all over it.

All over it.

And unfortunately those who can see that as clear as day are criticised for not being the one eyed "We'll smash them by 10 goals" type. We never learn.

With each game like this... we get ourselves into a false sense of security that we have FINALLY turned the corner: "It's happened too many times in the past... surely not again!" , "We've learnt our lesson!" , "We're better prepared this time around for this not to happen" , "We're a better team this time around!" ... nope.

Watch the garbage served up on Sunday... by both teams. But we've mastered the art of losing them in a genuinely weak as piss fashion.

All over it.

And unfortunately those who can see that as clear as day are criticised for not being the one eyed "We'll smash them by 10 goals" type. We never learn.

With each game like this... we get ourselves into a false sense of security that we have FINALLY turned the corner: "It's happened too many times in the past... surely not again!" , "We've learnt our lesson!" , "We're better prepared this time around for this not to happen" , "We're a better team this time around!" ... nope.

Watch the garbage served up on Sunday... by both teams. But we've mastered the art of losing them in a genuinely weak as piss fashion.
Vintage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shock horror, he's no Cyril. Small forwards are meant to be selfish imo. They're there to crumb the ball and kick goals. Sure, they're also there to provide pressure and try to lock the ball in when they don't have it and he could be better at that but he's alright. It does get frustrating watching him chase and continually get to the man a step too late though. Things to improve.

Previously posted chasing is not a natural reaction for Green, hence why he is sometimes one step too late.

Fire up boys. Show some mongrel.

I want to see some pretzel smashed onto the floor (metaphorically of course).
I want to see pretzels smashed on the floor literally and figuratively. Yes, both.

Where's BJ?

All over it.

I understand your frustrations at losing these games because I share them with you, but a person posting in a forum that Essendon will win by 10 goals doesn't actually affect our side in any way. You sometimes project the "arrogance of some supporters" onto the club itself and you overcompensate by being extremely negative. It might just be a coping mechanism for you which is understandable.

I completely agree with you that this is exactly the type of games that we lose, but if someone is an ultra optimist, then they can be that if they like. They just really enjoy the build up and having that hope before the game. I was once that way and I really enjoyed the hype of thinking we'd win 22 games a year as losses were always "we can bounce back next week", so it was always easier to take.

Just because i don't share that view anymore doesn't mean that I need to shut people who enjoy that pre-game hope down and make it less enjoyable. Just a thought if you want to consider it. It'll make things easier for you as well.

I don't think Green's pressure or lack there of is his biggest problem.

My biggest annoyance with Green is that he regularly finds himself as our deepest forward in a 1v1 that he is never going to win. It's incredibly frustrating to watch us stream forward ball in hand only for Green to be too slow or too small to contend with his direct opponent.

I share your frustration, however I think it should be directed towards our coaches and not Green.

Green 1v1 as our deepest forward happens way too often. For god's sake! we play three talls up forward, how the hell is Green the target so many time???

I wouldn't be surprised if Ross Lyon purposely orchestrated that situation last week.

I share your frustration, however I think it should be directed towards our coaches and not Green.

Green 1v1 as our deepest forward happens way too often. For god's sake! we play three talls up forward, how the hell is Green the target so many time???

I wouldn't be surprised if Ross Lyon purposely orchestrated that situation last week.

Yeah I don't place all the blame on Green although I wish he'd dummy lead up at the footy and leave the goal side space to any of Begley, Stewart, Walla or Stringer who are all a good chance of beating their opponent out the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back