Preview Western Bulldogs vs Essendon, Docklands, Sunday 08/04/18 @ 3:20 PM

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we have to put Hooker at one end or the other.

Swap him around as the game dictates, against Freo he should have been thrown back whereas against Adelaide he was one of the main reasons we came back to win up forward.

Swap him around as the game dictates, against Freo he should have been thrown back whereas against Adelaide he was one of the main reasons we came back to win up forward.
Thowing them around makes them much harder to match up. Duckworth to the forward line during the Grand Final was a major turning point.

Does anyone else think we are wasting time trying to turn tall half forwards into midfielders, i.e langford and stringer, to try and get a similar output to fyfe, cripps, bont? It's kinda like all the other test nations playing rubbish keepers who could swing the bat to try and match Gilchrist, or us sticking with Watson after Flintoff caned us in 2005.
Stick to Merrett, Parish, McGrath, Zakka, Heppell and probably Smith. We are robbing Peter to pay Paul by playing these guys who have zero defensive pressure and can't hunt the pill.
Just an opinion
True. You need guys that can accumulate a large # possessions in the midfield OR taggers (eg Grigg and McIntosh at Tigers). If they can't tag or accumulate possessions, why bother putting them there... regardless of how big their bodies are.

Star defender Michael Hurley barely trained on Thursday morning, jogging laps before disappearing inside but the Bombers are confident he will be fit to take his place in the side against the Dogs.

Hope he plays
Is Essendon one of the 7 clubs using this new miracle cure not approved by the AFL? I hope not! They say but it's not on the WADA banned list... nor was TB4 or AOD....

Don't give it to Hurley ..

Is Essendon one of the 7 clubs using this new miracle cure not approved by the AFL? I hope not! They say but it's not on the WADA banned list... nor was TB4 or AOD....

Don't give it to Hurley ..
Pay back would be a bitch

All this talk of Hooker back, even if it's a good idea while we're down a few defenders, this is most certainly not the week for it. The Dogs only decent tall forwards are out of the side and they have been exposed time and time again against tall forwards, this should be especially so given the inexperience of their current crop of defenders.

All this talk of Hooker back, even if it's a good idea while we're down a few defenders, this is most certainly not the week for it. The Dogs only decent tall forwards are out of the side and they have been exposed time and time again against tall forwards, this should be especially so given the inexperience of their current crop of defenders.
That's true... but if he is doing absolutely nothing up forward and missing shots at goal from point blank range (which he often does) and our backline is struggling.... swapping he and Brown at half time (or whenever) may work better for the team. I suppose its the Hafey style of coaching (everybody has one position which is set in concrete) versus the Sheedy style of coaching (everybody needs to be flexible to play both ends and be equally as effective).

Could we drop tippa for raz? Fridge is the easy one to drop but he's output was higher on sat....

The swingman concept is soooo 2012 though

Umpire was on the right side, Adelaide player pulled Greens jumper away from the skin and crowd noise got the free awarded.

They were holding each other.

I agree Green should hold his spot this week. I'm not a fan at all but dropping someone who played there role (although **** me I hate it when he misses simple shots on goal) as it sets a bad precednet imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does moving Hooker to the backline allow us to 'Play the way we want to play' as opposed to him staying forward? That is the million dollar question!
Playing the way we want to play is the all important Essendon FC Brand of course.
Not to be confused with the Essington FC Brand which is when we are obstructed from playing the way we want to play by the opposition, but we don't have an answer for the obstruction.

IMO we are a significantly improved team no matter who they come in for.

also calling it now- Langford will be named emergency in a misguided attempt to motivate him, meaninging he’ll miss VFL and be further sapped of confidence completing his ruination as an Essendon footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back