Preview Western Bulldogs vs Essendon, Docklands, Sunday 08/04/18 @ 3:20 PM

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Sunday games allowed to have 5 on the bench? All teams named to play on Sunday have named 8 men benches with 3 to be omitted.

I think (hope) the 4 that miss will be;-

Hartley, Myers, Langford & McKernan

Hoping once the game settles we see a line up like;-

Hooker Hurley Baguley
McKenna Brown Saad
Parish Heppell Z.Merrett
Tippa Stewart Green
Stringer Daniher Fantasia

Bellcho Zakka Smith

Bench from: Goddard McGrath Dea Begley

Got to be a big chance with that team....

Because he hasn’t played on any main key forwards so far this year and he hasn’t been good enough in his given role. For mine if he isn’t taking the best key forward he is surplus to requirements
Haven’t taken a great deal of notice to who he was matched up on, but thought he was very good in the Adelaide game. Pretty average last week, but so was everyone else.

No reason for Bellchambers not destroying this game, English isn’t ready yet and Boyd and Redpath Shouldnt be able to beat him either. Us losing the clearances will either look extremely poor for Bellcho or extremely poor for our midfield

Yeah Bellcho should have fun out there - let’s hope Tippa and Daniher find some form also

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t taken a great deal of notice to who he was matched up on, but thought he was very good in the Adelaide game. Pretty average last week, but so was everyone else.

Hartley was on first game Hartley in round one - It was briefly discussed in one of the threads.

Can't remember who made the Taberner-Dickson comparison, can't disagree more. Dickson is a good player. Basically a higher output Monfries.

Bench is interesting. You'd assume McKernan is emergency, probably Baguley as well. Myers and Fantasia probably play. Leaves 2 spots for Hartley, Begley, Green and Langford.

Green

+ Kicks goals, was good last week
- Inconsistent, is he required with with Raz/Walla?

Begley

+ Strong body, could be useful against an undersized Dogs defence
- Hasn't really done a lot apart from the match sealer, not really fit enough to rotate through the middle yet.

Hartley

+ Perfectly suited to Boyd/Redpath, one of the most consistently effective kicks out of defence
- Drops marks, doesn't find enough ball to use that kick out of defence, still inconsistent

Langford

+ Had a good round 1, needs consistent game time
- Poor last week, still inconsistent.

Overall I think Hartley plays, second spot between Langford and Green.

Can't remember who made the Taberner-Dickson comparison, can't disagree more. Dickson is a good player. Basically a higher output Monfries.

Bench is interesting. You'd assume McKernan is emergency, probably Baguley as well. Myers and Fantasia probably play. Leaves 2 spots for Hartley, Begley, Green and Langford.

Green

Begley

- Hasn't really done a lot apart from the match sealer, not really fit enough to rotate through the middle yet.

Hartley

+ Perfectly suited to Boyd/Redpath, one of the most consistently effective kicks out of defence
- Drops marks, doesn't find enough ball to use that kick out of defence, still inconsistent

Langford

Just to add to that, Green is the only one on the bench that isn't named in the VFL side, the rest are named on the field in the VFL side. He might be dropped as a "travelling" emergency though, given the VFL game is Saturday and AFL is Sunday. More likely I think he just plays.

Myers vs Langford
Fantasia vs Begley
Hartley vs Baguley (this is not a perfect like-for-like option; is there any reason to think we might choose to go small in defence????)

McKernan, Draper and Leuey all named in the VFL side as far as rucks go. Lavender not named.

Honestly I think it's Myers and Fantasia for Langford and Begley. Naming them all the way they have is just an attempt to obfuscate.

I like Myers and what he brings to the team but you can't bring blokes of his ilk straight back into the side. It sends the wrong message to all the blokes busting there ass in VFL for an opportunity at AFL football .

Beveridge has lost the plot but in 2016 you the dogs side was purely picked on who was performing well at the time . No one was given a free pass into the AFL which keeps every player on edge knowing they need to bust their ass and perform or risk being out of the side.

Just to add to that, Green is the only one on the bench that isn't named in the VFL side, the rest are named on the field in the VFL side. He might be dropped as a "travelling" emergency though, given the VFL game is Saturday and AFL is Sunday. More likely I think he just plays.

Myers vs Langford
Fantasia vs Begley
Hartley vs Baguley (this is not a perfect like-for-like option; is there any reason to think we might choose to go small in defence????)

McKernan, Draper and Leuey all named in the VFL side as far as rucks go. Lavender not named.

Honestly I think it's Myers and Fantasia for Langford and Begley. Naming them all the way they have is just an attempt to obfuscate.
Based on the VFL side I think Langford, Begley, Baguley (travelled last week) play down there and McKernan is held over.

Green

Begley

Hartley

Langford

There’s no way Green will get dropped, he was our best forward last week. He’s a fair way ahead of Begley.

Langford and Myers have been competing for one spot for over a year and this bench says that’s not changing imo.

Fanta for Begley
Myers for Langford
Hartley / Bags why’re probably weighing up to see who the Dogs play, but with Brown def in I can see them dropping Hartley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back