Preview Western Bulldogs vs Essendon, Docklands, Sunday 08/04/18 @ 3:20 PM

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a few reports I’ve read, the Bombers were really fired up and intense during their training yesterday.

Even to the point of openly yelling at each other when unnecessary errors were made (Tbell for example had a go at Stewart for missing Hooker with his kicking skills “not good enough”).

Really interested to see how we go on Sunday, I’ve not really heard of our training sessions being that heated before.

As much as it sucks for Langford and Begs to be dropped. Raz and Myers are important ins and make our team better. Hartley/Brown will be an ongoing battle all year it appears and Dea will keep his spot to Ambrose returns?
As much as he frustrates me at times, I have warmed to the idea of Baguley back in as it allows Saad to play a more attacking role with McKenna.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course there's going to be heat on Stringer. He's moved to one of the biggest clubs in the land and hasn't performed to the level of hysteria that his recruiting during the off-season got. He's not Gary ablett multiple brownlow winner.

Disappointed for Begley and Langford. But most of the team was rubbish last week and unfortunately they were 2 of the worst. It's not their fault because when your best players are down it makes it hard for the younger guys to get into the game. They just have to make sure they go back to the VFL and perform. So that when the next opportunity arises they are the first picked.

Im actually fine with the defensive setup.

We may look short in defence but the doggies are really short up forward with Redpath the only real KPF as the rest are smalls or mediums.

Having all three of Harts, Brown and Hurls would have potentially been too tall.
Dea is almost the perfect matchup for Dickson too so i like the mix.

Brown to Redpath
Hurley to Bontempelli when forward
Dea to Dickson ?

Oh, and please tackle that little ducker/shrugger McLean around the hips Dons!

how many emergencies would we usually keep fresh for a sunday game?

how many of the listed emergencies in Hartley, Smack, Langford, Begley, will not play VFL on saturday?
I'd say Smack will be held over, and probably one of the smalls.

okay so when you say smalls do you mean 191cm Langford might not play?
Yes. I was hardly referring to the tallest member of the four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back