Western Sydney Jumper Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

These aren't my designs, but were posted by a bloke called Liam O'Grady on the GWS Facebook page. I really like the colour combo and the look. Not too sure about the Warriors though.

owPuj.jpg

XoNL5.jpg

l2TYB.jpg

I like orange because no other club has it. Gold Coast should have replaced red with orange.

I'd be interested to see what it looms like to replace the orange with either the neon green of the Seattle Seahawks alternative strip, or the silver of the Oakland Raiders.

275px-NFCW-Uniform-SEA.PNG

Silver is VERY marketable, and the Raiders have had huge marketing success with it.

275px-AFCW-Uniform-OAK.PNG

Dan - that neon green (in place of the orange) would harken to the Canberra connection that GWS is seeking to encourage. Canberra Raiders NRL are a distinctive lime green.

The Seattle Seahawks have unfortunately banned the neon green clash strip (under current management) after a one-off game outrage by fans. Personally, like the green eye on their helmets and linings on strides, I reckon its great!

I agree with you that GWS needs to be bold, loud and different with its colours. With Sheeds in charge, a nice peuce or lavender/violet is not out of the question. :p

We must remember that everyone scoffed at Freo's choice of green and purple, and yet after a few incarnations, their playing strips are deadly and a marketers dream. Not only that, they are currently distinctive.

In the NFL, Minnesota Vikings have a mid purple whilst Baltimore Ravens went for deep purple, much the same as Freo's.

So there's nothing wrong with GWS opting for blue/neon green combo.

RE Oakland Raiders silver : we already have B&W 50's TV with Pies, and the problem with silver is that with rain/dampness/dew it looks grey. Black, white and grey is not a good look for any team.

Thanks for your post though Dan. GC have after all, gone for the Kansas City Chiefs colours of red with gold piping. (Plus a splash of sky blue).

Everton, both of those designs and colour combos are as boring as a donkey mating with a zebra. But it would leave it wide open to Kangas relocating to GWS (watch the Kanga-mafia respond). :p

With Pies, Hawks, Kangas haven't we got enough stripey strips?

My try at a GWS guernsey! It is if they are called the Sydney Mountaineers ... after the Blue Mountains ... Possible nicknames .. the Neers, the Mounts, the Sky Blues.

GWS.png

I know I've posted this numerous times around here, but wouldn't mind getting some frresh perspectives. What do you guys think of this?

GWSUPDATEPRES-1.png

West Sydney's colours should be blue and black and here are good reasons why:
- No other AFL team has blue and black
- Blue and Black is opposite to red and white of the Sydney Swans which will be blue and black v red and white.
- Every NRL team in Western Sydney had blue or black in their colours
- No NRL team has blue and black as their colours
- Blue and Black are simple colours but unique in Australia
- Blue symbolises NSW

Here is my design that I posted in the Jumpers board (and thought I might as well post here as well). Its sort of going against the Blue love in the posts above, but I am of the opinion that the AFL could use a new colour :D

5.png
7.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Blue and Black is opposite to red and white of the Sydney Swans which will be blue and black v red and white.
- Blue symbolises NSW

Actually, green and black would be the opposite of red and white. Green and black is also pretty unique, and looks fantastic when done right.

Actually, green and black would be the opposite of red and white. Green and black is also pretty unique, and looks fantastic when done right.

Blue symbolises NSW better and green should be saved for the Tasmanian team (their traditional colour is green). Blue and black suits the West Sydney AFL Team perfectly

Does facebook have the ability to upload files as .png? If not, I'd suggest using a site like photobucket or imageshack and saving as .png, because JPEGs get some not very nice looking distortion on them.

Other than that, those look pretty cool. Maybe try with the WS starting from a bit higher up?

- Blue symbolises NSW

:thumbsu: This

Also could be included in the team song:
" And they'll know they've playing the Wolves, when we leave them black and blue. Awoooooooo!"

Blue symbolises NSW better and green should be saved for the Tasmanian team (their traditional colour is green). Blue and black suits the West Sydney AFL Team perfectly

I'm not arguing. Black and blue would be a great choice, very solid, and would suit a moniker such as "Wolves", which would be another solid choice.

However, when I think of Western Sydney, I think of green, black, and a hint of orange/red. In an ideal world for me, those would be the WS colours.

I'm not arguing. Black and blue would be a great choice, very solid, and would suit a moniker such as "Wolves", which would be another solid choice.

However, when I think of Western Sydney, I think of green, black, and a hint of orange/red. In an ideal world for me, those would be the WS colours.

Red is a Swans colour...

- Blue symbolises NSW

They are good reasons. But I'll give you ONE reason why that won't happen. Clash jumpers.
Their 'light' clash jumpers would then be either blue and white (clashes with Kangaroos, Carlton, Geelong) or black and white (collingwood).
Thus they need either an Orange or Green as part of their identity they can use for clash strips.. The home strip could be predominantly blue & black but with an orange (or green) stripe / monogram / panels, but have an away strip that is predominantly orange (or green) or orange (or green) and white..

They are good reasons. But I'll give you ONE reason why that won't happen. Clash jumpers.
Their 'light' clash jumpers would then be either blue and white (clashes with Kangaroos, Carlton, Geelong) or black and white (collingwood).
Thus they need either an Orange or Green as part of their identity they can use for clash strips.. The home strip could be predominantly blue & black but with an orange (or green) stripe / monogram / panels, but have an away strip that is predominantly orange (or green) or orange (or green) and white..

They could use a white clash jumper like any other AFL team...

Blue and black would easily be the best colours for West Sydney to se. Blue is used by Canterbury, Parramatta and Black by Wests and Penrith in the NRL. Would make sense to stick with something people are used to, also the NSW Blues obviously are blue. Makes perfect sense, also would add to the rivalry with the Swans as they are opposing colours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Sydney Jumper Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back