We've just witnessed the worst umpring decision in history

Remove this Banner Ad

Gave the Dogs a great run to help them get back into the game then gifted us a horrible free kick in front of goal to get back the lead.

Ruined what otherwise might have been a memorable game (not necessarily memorable for us...).

Good post mate. Chamberlain is having too profound an impact on games, paying what he thinks could've happened, as opposed to what is obvious.

Abysmally umpired game today.

The Selwood decision was just a ****ing nonsense and the free kick to Darling was so bad that, despite it being a free to my team, in the dying minutes of a close game, it still had me storming around the loungeroom ranting about how dumb a call it was- just absolute unmitigated rubbish.

West Coast supporters whinging about the umpires. Who would have thought.

I'm sure you took the loss against Fremantle well, and those free kicks given to Ballantyne?

I agree. That Darling free kick was a disgrace.

Clearly there.

NOBODY is. You look at the West Coast gameday thread and EVERYONE said it was another terrible decision.

I am. Clearly a free kick. Just waiting to get some video for it.

The 2nd angle showed there was no pull. There is a difference between incidental contact and deliberate pulling.

The second angle, that the umpire would've seen, shows Picken grabbing Darling's hand and holding it to his chest with both his hands for a split second, but long enough to keep him down.

The only 2 I have a problem with is the Selwood HTB and the Darling pull down. They both cancelled each other out in the end with goals to the other team so I dont have any problem with it. Umpiring the last couple of years in most games has been dreadful.

Picken was an elbow away from missing the next three games. Thought that was a good decision. did you see the way Darling had to roll due to that hold. Bloody dangerous hold.Razor did right there he protected the players. Probably wasn't worth a goal but if you do those things there!!
Did Cloke get cited for that hold/pull/tackle on Ling ?

Picken was an elbow away from missing the next three games. Thought that was a good decision. did you see the way Darling had to roll due to that hold. Bloody dangerous hold.Razor did right there he protected the players. Probably wasn't worth a goal but if you do those things there!!
Did Cloke get cited for that hold/pull/tackle on Ling ?
There was definitely some sort of hold there and as soon as the whistle went off I knew it was for that but still I thought it was quite minor and considering where it was and the point of the game, probably should of been left alone.

Worst umpiring decision in history???? Some perspective please.

Go and have a look at game 6 of the 1985 World Series - Don Denkinger's missed call at 1st base cost the St Louis Cardinals the World Series.

That was the worst umpiring decision in the history of the human race.

The blown call in the Atlanta Braves v Pittsburgh Pirates game earlier this week was terrible too, as was Jim Joyce's blown call that cost Armando Galarraga a perfect game last year.

The 2 blown calls by Razor Ray were shockers, but they wouldn't even be in his personal top 10 list of worst umpiring decisions.

The problem with Ray is that he tries to find free kicks. Good umpires try not to find them.

This.

Umpires are there to umpire the game not try their best to be seen. Ray is a little man with the syndrome that goes with it. He is one of the reasons no one has respect for the umpires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw a contender. A deliberate OOB against Gold Coast end of first qtr. Player just kicked it 30m forward into space, ball took a right turn and went out. Don't know who the ump was but bloody shocker. And yeah there were some shockers in the Dogs v W. Coast game. Umpiring just gets worse every year.

Saints are getting a huge hand from the umps. Poor Suns can't catch a break at all.

Bock just copped a deliberate OOB just now as well.

problem being it came off his shin and went out about 40m down the field.

Pathetic umps

Chamberlian in the first half.. Yeah I'll show those Western Bulldogs.. Pathetic 1-sided umpiring up to 1/2 time

At the 1/2 time break, other umps talking to Razor... what are you doing Ray.. The unbalanced free kicks in favour of WCE is blatant.

Ray thinks.. ok

3rd & 4th quarters, Razor flips and awards dubious decisions to the dogs... 5 minutes to go, he realises he's almost given the Dogs a sniff and he awards a pathetic non-existent free kick to Darling, negating the one up the other end for a dubious holding the ball.. Darling kicks a goal, WCE back on leve terms.. 2 mins later, crap free kick on the 1/2 forward flank, but Cox marks and seals the win.

Flog Razor walks off proud of another pathetic performance.

Demetrious is a moron for allowing Gieschen to coach these idiots who umpire games. Razor Ray doesnt even deserve a gig umpiring Auskick...

There free's that should be paid are the ones that are blatant hands in the back etc, players are well aware they are tredding on ice the whole game and do anything not to give it away 95% of free kicks are accidents these days which is the problem.

Chamberlian in the first half.. Yeah I'll show those Western Bulldogs.. Pathetic 1-sided umpiring up to 1/2 time

At the 1/2 time break, other umps talking to Razor... what are you doing Ray.. The unbalanced free kicks in favour of WCE is blatant.

Ray thinks.. ok

3rd & 4th quarters, Razor flips and awards dubious decisions to the dogs... 5 minutes to go, he realises he's almost given the Dogs a sniff and he awards a pathetic non-existent free kick to Darling, negating the one up the other end for a dubious holding the ball.. Darling kicks a goal, WCE back on leve terms.. 2 mins later, crap free kick on the 1/2 forward flank, but Cox marks and seals the win.

Flog Razor walks off proud of another pathetic performance.

Demetrious is a moron for allowing Gieschen to coach these idiots who umpire games. Razor Ray doesnt even deserve a gig umpiring Auskick...

You wouldn't happen to be Chamberlain's script-writer would you? This is exactly how it works.

Sadly he's not on his pat in adopting this technique when umpiring. They spend so much time trying to 'square-up' they forget about what's actually happening in front of their eyes.

Remove this Banner Ad

We've just witnessed the worst umpring decision in history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back