What’s up with Cripps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol all you were saying this about him a couple of years ago and he came out and won a Brownlow. The man is in a form slump and probably carrying something. He’ll bounce back
Wow! He won a Brownlow?! Is that what defines success for Carlton now? The captain winning a Brownlow while the team hasn’t played finals for 10 years?

He is a selfish player who lacks the leadership or humility to drive Carlton to team success. Must trade.

Wow! He won a Brownlow?! Is that what defines success for Carlton now? The captain winning a Brownlow while the team hasn’t played finals for 10 years?

He is a selfish player who lacks the leadership or humility to drive Carlton to team success. Must trade.
Short memory. Go back and watch the Collingwood game from last year.

Priddis also won a brownlow....
Priddis was never considered rhe best player in the league.

Multiple years Cripps has come into the season as browlow favourite or near browlow favourite.

When the club captains do their vote thing they have also voted for him as browlow favourite Multiple times.

Hes won multiple BnFs.

He carried our midfield for years. Racking up 30 touches week in week out.

He's out of form. The browlow year wasn't an annomoly.

Unfortunately when he's injured or out of form the gap is just gigantic to his fittest and best form.

Has had two or fewer tackles in 3 of the ladt 6 games - all losses.

One goal for the season, in 13 games. Two shots at goal in the last 6 games. Last season he kicked 20 goals and averaged 1.5 shots at goal per match.

Has only managed 5 clearances once in the last 6 games. Has not reached 15 contested possessions. Last season he had 5 clearances 17 times and 15CP 13 times.

Has twice has zero marks in the last 6 games, and has averaged 1.8. One contested mark in that stretch. Last year he averaged 4 marks and 0.5CM.

This is beyond a form slump - thise numbers are just damning. He is either injured, in which case he should skip GC and have an extended rest over the bye.

Or he is horribly out of form in which case he should have a stint off the ball - maybe CHB a la Kouta in 98.

That’s not my point.

The point is he was down on form in 2021 and muppets like yourself were calling for him to be traded and labelling him useless. The next year he came out and had an amazing season, and yes won the Brownlow. And I can guarantee you and your buddies were circle jerking yourself over how good Cripps was.

These reactionary responses when things are going shite is the sign of true nuffy.

That’s not my point.

The point is he was down on form in 2021 and muppets like yourself were calling for him to be traded and labelling him useless. The next year he came out and had an amazing season, and yes won the Brownlow. And I can guarantee you and your buddies were circle jerking yourself over how good Cripps was.

These reactionary responses when things are going shite is the sign of true nuffy.
With Fev in your username, I should expect such an ill-informed opinion.

On the contrary, check my posting history… wanted Cripps to go before his last contract where we would have got Band 1 compo. Even at his absolute best, he can’t kick and he doesn’t bring other players into the game.

Sounds like you want to put his Brownlow medal in the premiership cabinet, lol.

Perfect time to 'manage' him on the lead in to the bye. He needs to learn to put his hand down to play occasionally rather than up all the time.
This is one of the biggest issues I have with our club. We have no player management, and are quite content for our champions and 1st year players to put their hand up every week instead of managing them and giving them a spell for their own good.

More than happy to burn players out rather than backing someone else at the risk of losing a game and having the Blue Hordes criticize.

I'd respect them more if they looked after the wellbeing of our players and built depth (Like Geelong) rather than burn everyone out with a win at all costs mentality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will go down as a legend and one of the best ever to put on the navy blue. Having said that, his leadership, or lack thereof, is a detriment to this footy club. If you're injured, which he so clearly is, a leader needs to do the team thing and put his hand up and say I can't give my team 100% and be rested accordingly. When the chips are down your leaders stand up and he's done anything but in the last 7 weeks.

If hes still at our club next year he can't be captain. He needs real leaders to help him get back to his best.

Do you think I'd tell you where I got my information from?

If I find anything out I just pass it on to the relevant people.
Never asked for your source. Was willing to take your word. Now I'm not sure that you can talk straight. Thanks anyway.

Needs to have a deep and meaningful chat with Trent Cotchin.

There needs to be a balance between physicality, mental toughness and brain power when you're captain at a footy club.

Crippa has all the attributes of physicality but lacks in the smart footy department. Doc complemented this portion when he was co-captain.

Juddy was clearly our best recent example.

Until someone actually steps up and leads with all the above attributes mentioned above, I'd rather Crippa run with one leg than be sidelined.

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s up with Cripps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back