Toast What a year!

Remove this Banner Ad

This year has almost had everything. So proud of the improvement we've shown as a team. Hopefully we can build on this next year and go the next step. It's gonna be a looooooong six months....

lets be honest we blew it from rounds 14-20, that is disgraceful, we are good enough, we were good enough, we should have had 2 home finals and a great path into the gf where we are good enough to win, we are not there because we blew it. lets not celebrate being this close, it isnt good enough. this is definitely a flag that got away, no doubt about it.

Well done on a great year. Loved how you played your footy, especially in the finals where you were my surrogate team to cheer. Thought for a second you were going to pinch it there at the end.

lets be honest we blew it from rounds 14-20, that is disgraceful, we are good enough, we were good enough, we should have had 2 home finals and a great path into the gf where we are good enough to win, we are not there because we blew it. lets not celebrate being this close, it isnt good enough. this is definitely a flag that got away, no doubt about it.

I look at it thus, if we had given our all in that priod, maybe we wouldn't have had the petrol to give it our all in the finals

A lot to be proud of guys & a hell of a lot to look forward to. It will be a lot easier to do it from top 4 next year.
Which is where you will be I think. Congratulations on a great year. Commiserations about tonight. Kicking cost you big time in the end.

we lost 4 games by 7, 4, 2, 6 and a prelim by 3 points. good sides dont lose that many close games, we are a good side, better than that, a very good side, we shouldnt lose those close games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

\

Also, if Gray doesn't win the brownlow, I will have lost faith in the umpires for the very last time. He is a star. #graypride

You had faith in the umpires in the first place? You're a better man than me.

its total nonsense, simple. its not a point of going hard in round 12 will bugger you for round 21, thats nonesense, every game is a new challenge. every game you prepare for the contest. we have the best bloke in the business in burgess in preparing a side and that isnt the issue.

I know you guys think we robbed you but seriously in 24 hours you'll look back with pride and start frothing at the mouth for 2015.
Nah not robbed.
IMO the Hawks won because you were more professional than us.
The umpiring pissed me off because you got the rub of the green in crucial parts of the ground or at crucial times a bit too much.
You were professional, we had that youthful exuberance, the umpires were easily swayed by the local crowd. Amateurs.

It gets harder next year. Primarily because the expectations will be raised. We finish 3rd with the 3rd youngest list in the competition. Geelong made a preliminary final in 04, was beaten by Sydney in a semi-final in 05...but then finished 10th in 06. Because there's no such thing as a linear progression.

But you know what? I reckon this team is good enough. We HAVE to get a home prelim next season though.

It gets harder next year. Primarily because the expectations will be raised. We finish 3rd with the 3rd youngest list in the competition. Geelong made a preliminary final in 04, was beaten by Sydney in a semi-final in 05...but then finished 10th in 06. Because there's no such thing as a linear progression.

But you know what? I reckon this team is good enough. We HAVE to get a home prelim next season though.
just realised your a cowboys fan, its cowboys season, after tomorrow.

Can you imagine how hard it will be for the Maggies players to get up tomorrow?
We're shattered and flat. How are they coping with this disappointment?

Very proud though. We have a never say die attitude that does our great club and history proud.

Bring on 2015!

Well, the team gave it everything, and it was almost enough

They showed they will never, ever give up. We earned everyone's respect

How exciting was that last run on! They are so good.

Yeah kicking and umpiring, but I have two choices. Be bitter and sulk, or just appreciate all they did and let the players be sad and sorry for me.

Ryder, redden, players a year older, more games on the mcg. Our day will come

The AFL and tv channels will be lining up to have us on Friday nights and prime time. Everyone's favorite team

Time to come top 2, and get home finals and the week off

Well done everyone, what a journey it was!

My resting heart beat is still about 180 at the moment. What a breathtaking finish to the year. So disappointed but still proud of what we achieved this year and how we fought that game out to the end. Fair dinkum we were dead on our feet halfway through that last quarter and still nearly pinched it.

We Never Ever Give Up. Some teams have slogans we have a lifestyle.

This is becoming a great club again under Ken Hinkley. We will be what Kochie likes to call a preferred destination.

To the critics who were heaping crap on Ken in the game day thread, you know nothing.

Never Tear Us Apart.

Can you imagine how hard it will be for the Maggies players to get up tomorrow?
We're shattered and flat. How are they coping with this disappointment?

Very proud though. We have a never say die attitude that does our great club and history proud.

Bring on 2015!
we will get flogged, like the 97 gf, i hope not but geez it will be tough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast What a year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back