what are your thoughts of muslims playing afl?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? Is there a custom for consuming the footy postmatch that I am not aware of?

:D

balfoursfpie.jpg

Footy...pie....footy....pie....footypie.....footypie.....footypie.....footypie.....footypie.....footypie.....footypie.....footypie.....footypie.....footypie.....footypie.....footypie

*hsssssssssss*

Why? Is there a custom for consuming the footy postmatch that I am not aware of?

Hmmm, is it the killing of the pig, or the eating of it? I think it's the eating.Hindus dont kill cows, because they see them as sacred. I think pigs are seen as rancid in islam.

What do you call a Muslm footballer who's better than Judd?

Azif.

What do you call a Muslim footballer who's been out on the town with Brendan Fevola?

Hamed.

And if he was out with Cousins as well?

Mohammed.

And if he was too drunk to drive so he caught a taxi?

Intiqab (famous Pakistani cricketer).

Anyway enough of this crap.

That no allowances what so ever be made for their religeon.

They play when the game is on, if they choose not to play, that is their choice.

Hmmm, is it the killing of the pig, or the eating of it? I think it's the eating.Hindus dont kill cows, because they see them as sacred. I think pigs are seen as rancid in islam.

That was precisely my point. Can't see muslims or jews having an issue with a sherrin made out of pig products.

i think it is great that the AFL is accepting of different cultures.

With the majority of Australians of the Islamic faith in Sydney, it is not suprising that the NRL already has quite a few Muslim players but racism (and consequently segregation) is threatening to tear Australian rugby league apart.

Recently a breakaway Aboriginal competition was scuttled by the CRL.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,,21060939-5003409,00.html ARL bans breakaway league

I'd expect that a planned Queensland Islamic rugby league competition will also be put under some scrutiny :
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,,20861044-5003406,00.html League of their own.

Frankly, I'd like to see even more variety in our competition, and hope someday that we have some international rookies from countries like Japan and South Africa in future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Azif.

What do you call a Muslim footballer who's been out on the town with Brendan Fevola?

Hamed.

Mohammed.

Don't Quit your day job ,not even a bit funny

Originally Posted by Cyclops

Azif.

Hamed.

Mohammed.

Cyclops, a fatwah will be issued against you over this! I hope you and Rushdie get along well!

Should be interesting when they bring the water bottle on and he has to drink after an infidile, or maybe he,ll have his own marked muslims only.

Should be interesting when they bring the water bottle on and he has to drink after an infidile, or maybe he,ll have his own marked muslims only.

You appear to have some issues with our multicultural society - please tell us why.

On a technical note the players are very hygienic these days and don't put the shared water bottles to their mouth. They just squirt the water in to their mouth from about 15cms away so even the most germaphobic player wouldn't have any qualms about sharing a bottle.

You appear to have some issues with our multicultural society - please tell us why.

On a technical note the players are very hygienic these days and don't put the shared water bottles to their mouth. They just squirt the water in to their mouth from about 15cms away so even the most germaphobic player wouldn't have any qualms about sharing a bottle.

Don't have a problem with multi what ever, those that came here came for a better life and good on them including myself. Having lived and worked with muslims and wasn't allowed to use their cutlery.dishes ,Micro and ovens bacause I was a westerner It is a fact of life and the're not here to assimilise with us, but want S.East asia and the northern part of Australia for a Islamic state

Remove this Banner Ad

what are your thoughts of muslims playing afl?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back