what are your thoughts of muslims playing afl?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't have a problem with multi what ever, those that came here came for a better life and good on them including myself. Having lived and worked with muslims and wasn't allowed to use their cutlery.dishes ,Micro and ovens bacause I was a westerner It is a fact of life and the're not here to assimilise with us, but want S.East asia and the northern part of Australia for a Islamic state

Ok I see that you do have some issues. Try not to generalise wildly and you won't sound like such an ignorant red neck. Maybe they didn't want to share with you cause you have poor hygiene/maybe they just don't like you not because you are a westerner but for a variety of other reasons?

Ok I see that you do have some issues. Try not to generalise wildly and you won't sound like such an ignorant red neck. Maybe they didn't want to share with you cause you have poor hygiene/maybe they just don't like you not because you are a westerner but for a variety of other reasons?

I have worked with them aswell and have had similar experiences.

PS I don't believe this is a footy thread any longer.

I have worked with them aswell and have had similar experiences.

PS I don't believe this is a footy thread any longer.

I work with a few atm and have not seen anything like that. One of them is pretty strict and wears a hijab(sp?) but she was born here and speaks perfect english and is happy to share coffee mugs, communal coffee/sugar/biscuits etc.

None of them are from SE Asia so maybe thats why you guys have a different experience. They seem completely normal to me and well assimilated.

There was always a danger that a thread about muslims playing footy would not be a strictly footy discussion.

I work with a few atm and have not seen anything like that. One of them is pretty strict and wears a hijab(sp?) but she was born here and speaks perfect english and is happy to share coffee mugs, communal coffee/sugar/biscuits etc.

None of them are from SE Asia so maybe thats why you guys have a different experience. They seem completely normal to me and well assimilated.

There was always a danger that a thread about muslims playing footy would not be a strictly footy discussion.

I am talking about males , haved you worked with any of them? the women do seem to be a lot less radical and for reasons we all know about..

Who cares if they arent sharing cutlery, lots of people dont do that...if it is strictyl something to do with islam so wat? its their business? as long as they arent hurting anyone or forcing it on anyone doesnt matter....

if whoever was effected by this was hurt or effected, then that is wrong, but i work with muslims and it doenst effect me becuase i dont really sahre cutlery with anyone?

I hope Geelong get a muslim and a jew and a buddhist and most of all a hindu (cause they have a few gods), for we need all the gods in the world to help us win a flag :)

Don't have a problem with multi what ever, those that came here came for a better life and good on them including myself. Having lived and worked with muslims and wasn't allowed to use their cutlery.dishes ,Micro and ovens bacause I was a westerner It is a fact of life and the're not here to assimilise with us, but want S.East asia and the northern part of Australia for a Islamic state

Hi Dlanor

Being a muslim i try to avoid using some cutlery at our office kitchen. It is not a matter of personal hygene but the food that is prepared with it. As you no doubt know we do not eat pork, amongst a few other things. For food to be halal it can not be cut with a knife that was used to cut pork or meat not killed in a halal way, even if washed afterwards. I have no issues with sharing cups, sugar or even water bottles, things that were not used to prepare/eat pork products with. You eat pork and that is your business, and it is mine that i try to avoid those utensils that you used to eat/prepare it with.

I doubt Houli will have many issues. Some parts of his life will be a little bit more difficult, but spiritual contentment is more important because if it makes him happy, he will no doubt be a better player for it. So long as there are no players giving him a hard time intentionally.

As the prophet Mohammad wrote: there is only one true God - Al Hadji (L Hodge)

Hi Chewy

We muslims take the words of Muhamed(s) very seriously. Please do not say things that he did not say, even in an act of comedy which that obviously was. Our prophet who is more important to us than our parents, told us not to make fun of other peoples religion, no matter what it is because to them it is important, and it shows a lack of respect.

Hi Chewy

We muslims take the words of Muhamed(s) very seriously. Please do not say things that he did not say, even in an act of comedy which that obviously was. Our prophet who is more important to us than our parents, told us not to make fun of other peoples religion, no matter what it is because to them it is important, and it shows a lack of respect.

Im sure he didnt read Big Footy and had a sense of humour FFS!

By the way I am all for muslims playing AFL - any race religeon it has nothing to do with the sport per se BUT....no to seperate changerooms thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Chewy

Apologies Solace. There was no disrespect intended for people of Islam.
The only intended disrespect was for threads like these. Footy is the great leveller. It doesn't matter whether you worship Allah and have 100 virgins waiting for you on the other side, or if you have a shrine for Britney Spears and light a candle every time you hear "Oops I Did It Again". The end result is the same: if you fall on the ball and six gorillas jump on top of you and make it impossible to get the ball out, it's too bad. Holding the ball...

So does anyone actually know how good of a player this Houli dude is? What his position is? How big is he?

Can we maybe speak of football and not religion. Otherwise go here:

http://www.big-boards.com/kw/religion/

In the meantime, I'd remove the thread before the media find the tiniest little piece of controversy and twist it up. Suggestion: Dont put it to Bay 13 or we'll have bzparkes and the rest of the turnip tribe starting world war 3.

I am talking about males , haved you worked with any of them? the women do seem to be a lot less radical and for reasons we all know about..

I have in the past and still do work with heaps of our Islamic brothers.
They are fantastic people, very friendly and great to work with, very conscientious and hard working. We need heaps more of them in this country.

They are fantastic people, very friendly and great to work with, very conscientious and hard working. We need heaps more of them in this country.

I have a friend called Ahmed.

And you tell yourself lies for practice!

Remove this Banner Ad

what are your thoughts of muslims playing afl?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back