Autopsy "What Do We Say To The God of Death?" - Freo Keep Season Alive Against Gc

Remove this Banner Ad

1488038576-porco-rosso.gif

Good that we’ve not seen the best of Will Brodie
He showed some genuine speed and zip at times. He's still improving, which is great! I was a lil worried he was one dimensional as a mid goes but he can leg it in spurts.

Most probably but season still alive and something to build on.

Got a decent squad and it can all change pretty quickly form.
Something to build on.

Freo speak 101.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stephen colbert death GIF

That was a decent second half, some really good efforts from a mix of the newbies and the oldies, which is nice to see.

Walters was just superb (10 score involvements and 2 goal assists as well as his goals!!), and Amiss showed the future might be not fully bleak (Amiss had equal most contested marks on the ground!).
Jackson did better against smaller opponents and continues to improve.
Brodie never should have been dropped, and MJ showed why he needed to be backed in.

It was a gorgeous little ground too - and I suspect the smaller oval may have helped to force us into more focused f50 play.
Seemed less aimless drifting to deep flanks or pockets, and a better focus on structure.
We took contested marks in f50, and managed to convert a reasonable number of our set shots.

Now need to get better at our starts, and ideally try for fewer handballs and more direct, focused kicking.

Also, why no tag on Luko? He was just left to run around free from pressure. All this year we don't seem willing to switch a hard tag onto the other team's best players. We don't seem to have a role for a tagger, which was actually one of our key moves last season - maybe Aish or possibly even Hughes could do it? If we are going to have O'Meara in the team possibly he could?

Hopefully Switta isn't out long, he is such a key to our energy and vavoom.
If Cox is out we are in for a challenging few weeks, maybe Draper or Corbett could play down back? Hamling you say??

Also, can we not leave our best players stuck on the bench at the end through mis-managing interchanges??

Well we've just seen how Darcy and Jackson are gonna work together
Serious question. Isn’t Darcy Lobb not far off Darcy Jackson. We kinda know the format. And if we persevered with that combo wasn’t it a good idea to pick up a 21 year old with the same attributes? Not picking on you I just don’t post much and you bought it up. Serious question though.

More than anything I suppose, it was great to see Cox and Pearce back to some resemblance of themselves in the 2nd half.

I would like to find out who was responsible for Luko the first half though because I will have to put them on the naughty list for the rest of the year

Did GC tire or did we just run them off their feet like we did to some sides last year. Get on board.

A bit of both. Once we started to hit targets going forward they couldn't run with us. They were too reliant on our turnovers.

The match worn guernseys are currently being auctioned. Who wants the buy Bailey’s for me??!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy "What Do We Say To The God of Death?" - Freo Keep Season Alive Against Gc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back