Autopsy "What Do We Say To The God of Death?" - Freo Keep Season Alive Against Gc

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Lukosius destroyed us in the first half. What did Jlo do to stop him? A tag? I couldn't work it out.

Jack Lukosius destroyed us in the first half. What did Jlo do to stop him? A tag? I couldn't work it out.

It looked like Aish took him when he went up the ground and then Cox did when he went forward. But, he killed us off our turnovers. They dried up in the 2nd half so he wasn't as effective.

While Sturt didn't have an amazing game, he seemed to do enough to keep him in the team. And that turn of speed he showed on the wing during a turnover. He is fast! Didn't realise he had that kind of pace. More please.
You give him a month in the team and that breakaway he hits Jackson or has a shot on goal with more confidence

It was bad, then it became good!

Did anyone notice any structural changes at half time? I don't notice that kind of stuff, just wondering what changes may have been made. Or maybe they just copped a half time rocket.

Very impressed with the young players, plus all the usual suspects. Jackson showed signs of why we paid what we did for a 21 year old.

That first half was terrible though. But good to see some fighting spirit to get the win.

Well as I posted on the game day thread...

I left at 3 quarter time to pick up my mum at the airport. Ironic as she is flying from Perth.

She was suppose to arrive at 8.10 pm Adelaide time. The plane is coming in at 8.50pm

Oh and guess what ? I saw the dockers players rock up. Darcy and Jackson walked past me.

I congratulated both on the win.

Do I regret leaving at 3 quarter time? Well you can debate that one lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only watched it at the game, so did not see the game that well.

The first half
1. The took too many 1v1 marks in the forward line. I think we missed Chapman, and Swallow was too tall.
2. When they got the ball, they could chip the ball through the middle, we did not chase hard enough to stop it.
3. W kicked straight.
4. Than ran hard to get to the outside on the switch. I wonder if we have enough speed in our team.
5. our kicking to our forwards is shocking.

2nd half.
We stopped the short ball, forced them to kick long
I think our fitness helped, as they couldn't get to the outside.
The midfield got on top.
I thought our run from behind improved, and we took on the game.

Walters was brilliant. He is by far the best small forward we have. (3 goals, gives away at least 2. Brilliant)
Serong looked to get on in the middle.
Luke Jackson, Amiss stood up when we needed them.
We badly misseed chapman, we were too short down back

Last edited:
Well as I posted on the game day thread...

I left at 3 quarter time to pick up my mum at the airport. Ironic as she is flying from Perth.

She was suppose to arrive at 8.10 pm Adelaide time. The plane is coming in at 8.50pm

Oh and guess what ? I saw the dockers players rock up. Darcy and Jackson walked past me.

I congratulated both on the win.

Do I regret leaving at 3 quarter time? Well you can debate that one lol
Cut this shit out and just tell us if your bet came in or not.

Walters was brilliant. He is by far the best small forward we have.
Serong looked to get on in the middle.
Luke Jackson, Amiss stood up when we needed them.
We badly misseed chapman, we were too short down back
All the calls for him to be moved on were so embarrassing, such an integral part of the team.

Brashaw got absolutely destroyed in the contest. The bigger midfielders were bouncing him around like a pin ball. He really needs to shift to the wing. Also this game just proved why Serong deserves the captaincy over Brashaw.
Something is definitely up with him. One memerable moment was at one point about 50m from goals he went to get the ground ball and was literally just pushed off it from the side and they ran away with it.

Another just outside centre square Serong was blocking so Brayshaw could pickup the ball and he just stood there, Serong got frustrated and picked it up but was already being tackled so the disposal was poor, just chucked it out.

Hindsight has 20/20 but that’s the sort of team we should’ve been rolling out from round 1, especially up forward.

Amiss, Sturt, Walters are all forwards who look to create. Johnson is class. I actually thought Banfield played well, Hughes too. Everyone was on the same page by the end & we started to roll.

I can sort of understand giving Taberner a crack first up but honestly he shouldn’t play again. The difference with forwards who know where to lead & how to kick to each other.

Guys like Shultz & Freddy can get off the chain because Amiss, Sturt, Walters are demanding attention with pace & football IQ.

Walker should always play. Clark & Young started taking it on too.

Chapman probably needs to come into the mids now. Johnson stays & Ras steps in soon.

Then it’s starting to look like a football team.

Aish, Serong, Darcy, Brodie are amazing. I think Brayshaw is fine too. Not sure what others are watching.

Oh & Jackson. I believe.

Will Brodie was HUGE at the coal face

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy "What Do We Say To The God of Death?" - Freo Keep Season Alive Against Gc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back