What is the worst thing you have done after your teams lost?

Remove this Banner Ad

1992 SANFL GF. Glenelg went in as very warm favourites and got flogged by Port -AGAIN!! - with Nathan Buckley running amok and taking hangers in the rain. Got a lift with a Port mate but refused to talk to him or get in his car after the game. He even promised to not talk about footy all the way home if I'd get in the car. Couldn't do it.

Sat in the rain until security asked me to move on. Eventually found my way home on a train and 2 buses, getting abused most of the way because I was dressed in black and gold from head to toe. Took a good 3 hours to get from Footy Park to Para Vista.

Carlton have broken my heart a lot, as have Glenelg, but I've never been more shattered after a game than after that one.

The 99 GF when we dent down to North. I went to my footy club who have a big GF day every year and we all had to draw a player out of the hat. Everytime your player got a kick, handpass, free kick etc you had to skull 1/2 a beer. Every goal was 3 skulls and if your player was reported or stretchered off it was 10 skulls.

I initally pulled out cam mooney but being a carlton supporter I swapped him for Justin Murphy with one of the boys.

Murphy was getting plenty of it and I was travelling nicely until murphy went for a mark in the goal square and did his knee. Stretcher came out and I knew I was in trouble. I was pretty well pissed and I was fuming as the blues were getting smashed.

Every now and again when I am on the frothies I get a little aggro and it just happened that this was one of those days.

Ended up getting kicked out of the footy club for trying to fight one of the boys who happened to be a north supporter (bit of a knobhead to be honest).

1999 Grand Final - Carlton v North. Was the first quarter when Justin Madden was fighting 3 North players for the ball on the ground...not one Carlton player came over to help...I new we were going to lose right then and there. Proceeded to launch my stubbie (pretty sure it was empty) at the TV but missed (had had a few beers by then) and put it throught the window:D

Watched the rest of the GF in total silence.

Yeah your right you must have had quite a few beers at that stage, as Justin Madden retired 2 years before that Grand Final.

Watched the pies lose the grand final for the second time in a row (03?) with a mate who follows north and four other blokes who were mad collingwood. My north mate and I were trying not to rev them up too hard, but they were all getting really dark as the game went on to its inevitable conclusion. Within five minutes of the game finishing there was a broken chair and a punched wall and my mate and I took off outside pissing ourselves as they alternated between trying to fight each other and breaking furniture.

Geelongs GF loss to Carlton ended with me vomiting uncontrollably on the front lawn as the bottle of vodka i'd necked during the third quarter took its toll. Probably the most miserable I've ever been.

For some reason, being a Swans fan, there hasn't been THAT many times where I've lost it. Still, there are a few times I can think of that still break my heart:

94 - Lockett beat us single-handily when he still played for St Kilda. Only 8 but I remember crying when he kicked the last one and gave the crowd the big F-U.

96' Grand Final - I was 10, we got done by 44 points and somehow I managed to sit through it. When the siren went, I walked out the back and started sobbing. I was shattered for a week.

2002 or something, verse Port. We played good all day and then after the siren, one of the Port bastards kicked a goal to snatch it. I took a running kick at the beanbag, punched the wall whilst Dad yelled in my ear to settle the **** down.

2006 Granny - I punched the wall so ****ing hard when the siren went, and then sat in silence for about 3 hours. Went to bed with the missus and couldn't even bring myself to have a root. Just lay there for hours iffing and butting. Lucky we won the year before, or I'd have climbed a clocktower.

94 - Lockett beat us single-handily when he still played for St Kilda. Only 8 but I remember crying when he kicked the last one and gave the crowd the big F-U.
Probably the most embarrassing loss in AFL history :eek:

During the last quater of the horrible monster thrashing Richmond got served by Geelong in 2007, I walked from my level 1 seat to the last row of level 3 at the Dome and just sat there for the rest of the game till about 20min after the game. I felt like I was going to cry, the only time ive felt that low and Im a richmond fan lol!

1999 prelim. A heap of my mates came over to listen to the game at my house. They were all Carton and Collingwood supporters. The final siren sounded and I couldn't stand the ridicule. I had to leave MY house.

I got into my car and drove off. It was at this time I realised I had drank half a bottle of scotch during the game. I couldn't think of what to do, getting picked up by the cops and losing my license didn't really sound like a good idea. So I proceeded to do about 10 circuits of the block. Everytime I came back to the house there they all were pointing and laughing at me out the front, I couldn't bring myself to stop and face them. I was as mad as I've ever been. I just kept going around hoping that they wouldn't be there the next time.

1989 TFL Grand Final my team, Hobart, went in as underdogs against North Hobart, our longtime innercity rival.
It was our first grand final for many years after year upon year of wooden spoons and it was the first grand final that I could remember and savour the whole excitement and build up.
It was an exciting time to be a part of it.
Imagine my, and all of ours' surprise when were 40-points up and looking too good halfway through the second quarter! I was absolutely over the moon.
Then Garry Davidson shifted Steve McQueen to CHF and North started getting on top through the midfield and absolutely cut us to ribbons, booting 8 goals in 11 minutes to go into the long break in the lead.
We were all absolutely drained, felt like the wind had been sucked out of our sails.
North went on with and won by five goals in the finish.
I remember throwing a sauce covered pie at the North players from the terraces when they ran past our section after the game with Premiership Cup and I can remember walking down Argyle Street after the match absolutely devastated and hearing The Final Countdown playing over the PA System and the cheers of all the Demons supporters behind me back at the ground and looking to my left and seeing this house with Red & Blue streamers and flags in the front windows.
I kicked the metal part of the fence clean off and knocked all the brickwork down with it, one brick shattering a front window :eek:
I just looked around, pulled my hoodie over my head and did the bolt up Federal Street and kept going. Heaps of people saw it, but nothing ever came of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2000 or 2001 Melbourne vs Carlton and Cameron "the Bruce" carved us to pieces, i was 17 at the time and ive turned around to see my Grandpa face to face with a melbourne supporter, so i assumed the other guy was in the wrong....anyways fracas breaks out and even the carlton supporters were telling us to F*** off, turns out it was my grandpa that was the instigater:)

1989 TFL Grand Final my team, Hobart, went in as underdogs against North Hobart, our longtime innercity rival.
It was our first grand final for many years after year upon year of wooden spoons and it was the first grand final that I could remember and savour the whole excitement and build up.
It was an exciting time to be a part of it.
Imagine my, and all of ours' surprise when were 40-points up and looking too good halfway through the second quarter! I was absolutely over the moon.
Then Garry Davidson shifted Steve McQueen to CHF and North started getting on top through the midfield and absolutely cut us to ribbons, booting 8 goals in 11 minutes to go into the long break in the lead.
We were all absolutely drained, felt like the wind had been sucked out of our sails.
North went on with and won by five goals in the finish.
I remember throwing a sauce covered pie at the North players from the terraces when they ran past our section after the game with Premiership Cup and I can remember walking down Argyle Street after the match absolutely devastated and hearing The Final Countdown playing over the PA System and the cheers of all the Demons supporters behind me back at the ground and looking to my left and seeing this house with Red & Blue streamers and flags in the front windows.
I kicked the metal part of the fence clean off and knocked all the brickwork down with it, one brick shattering a front window :eek:
I just looked around, pulled my hoodie over my head and did the bolt up Federal Street and kept going. Heaps of people saw it, but nothing ever came of it.

You had your revenge the next year though, I went all the way to Hobart to see the Robins get cut to shreds by Mark Browning and his henchmen. Steve Goulding did his knee and everything. Thank God for the Black Buffalo.

Can't think back to 2005? Nick Davis goal? Would of thought that would be one where there would be a few angry cats fans.
after the 2005 nick davis goal lose, i went outside took my no 29 geelong jersey off and threw it on the roof, then prosseded to cry on my lawn, in 2007 when we had won ther grand final i got back on the roof to see if it was still there and get the jumper back and it was still there in the gutter with a birds nest in it, i didnt have the heart to kick the birds nest out, so it is still there to this day.

We were at Maccas and a Carlton suppoter was talking to the maccas bloke and all I heard was the maccas bloke say "Good I hate fevola, glad he didn't kick the 100."

Dad also heard it so he said "I'll teach him."

He went up and said "My chips are bloody stale mate. Can I get new ones?"

He got his new chips too :D

Ouch, your dad is vicious.

My dad is tougher though.

got utterly drunk during the second half of the 06 GF, then started tackling people around the legs whilst lying on the floor after we lost. eventually got asked to leave and two friends had to carry me home, about a km. woke up on the kitchen floor, with my two year old daughter laughing at me saying, "daddy, you can't sleep there!"

after the 2005 nick davis goal lose, i went outside took my no 29 geelong jersey off and threw it on the roof, then prosseded to cry on my lawn, in 2007 when we had won ther grand final i got back on the roof to see if it was still there and get the jumper back and it was still there in the gutter with a birds nest in it, i didnt have the heart to kick the birds nest out, so it is still there to this day.
Hilarious!

After the 2005 Semi Final V Swans at SCG I vomited on the floor at the moment Davis kicked the goal.

I really just could not comprehend what was happening and it was too shocking to deal with. A little kid behind me who had been rather annoying all day started laughing and pointing at me to his family, in a fit of rage I turned around with spew dripping from my mouth and all over my clothes, the most annoying kid chanted 'loser, loser, loser' so i spat the remnants of my vomit over him.
This did not go down well with his father and uncle (i think) who took a swing at me.
Needless to say I went home in the back of a Divy van.
I have bad memories of Sydney whenever someone mentions that godforsaken place.

its a cnt of a joint

After the 2005 Semi Final V Swans at SCG I vomited on the floor at the moment Davis kicked the goal.

I really just could not comprehend what was happening and it was too shocking to deal with. A little kid behind me who had been rather annoying all day started laughing and pointing at me to his family, in a fit of rage I turned around with spew dripping from my mouth and all over my clothes, the most annoying kid chanted 'loser, loser, loser' so i spat the remnants of my vomit over him.
This did not go down well with his father and uncle (i think) who took a swing at me.

its a cnt of a joint

this thread rocks!!!!!!!

Man that would have been a sight, good work:D

its a cnt of a joint
very very good work, but spitting at the kid lol im lmao

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the worst thing you have done after your teams lost?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back