What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Adams thing I can understand. It wouldn't be great showing up every day with no mates to talk to. Sounds like being the new kid at school for the first few days but he's somehow dragged it out for years.

The Adams thing I can understand. It wouldn't be great showing up every day with no mates to talk to. Sounds like being the new kid at school for the first few days but he's somehow dragged it out for years.
Player relations are interesting.

Perhaps the greatest player of all time Leigh Matthews was not friends with any Hawthorn players.

Furthermore, the great on ball brigade of Scott, Tuck and Matthews never use to speak with each other.

Don Scott also hardly spoke to the Hawthorn players. I heard Terry Wallace say once that he first conversation he had with Don Scott was after they had won a flag together.

Moral of the story is you don’t have to be best mates with each other.

Player relations are interesting.

Perhaps the greatest player of all time Leigh Matthews was not friends with any Hawthorn players.

Furthermore, the great on ball brigade of Scott, Tuck and Matthews never use to speak with each other.

Don Scott also hardly spoke to the Hawthorn players. I heard Terry Wallace say once that he first conversation he had with Don Scott was after they had won a flag together.

Moral of the story is you don’t have to be best mates with each other.
And Scott was a Premiership Captain!!

Maybe thats him and not the club or team mates or leadership group or boot studder or marketing depts fault.

The f***wit is now a coach as well.

If
we've always liked Lachie Hunter ...

then
that doesn't change one bit. But Macrae would've been our choice as best and fairest this year.

If

then
that doesn't change one bit. But Macrae would've been our choice as best and fairest this year.
Simple as Lachie playing two more game than Jacko Damo.

If

then
What about Damo urging Adelaide to get involved for Wingard in this week's Sliding Doors. No surer sign that were close to getting him...

I can kind of sympathise with Adams. I moved to Perth in 1989 to accept a teaching position at "the best school in Australia" (the school's words, not mine) a member of the PSA(Public Schools Association). I was so proud of the fact that I had landed a position at such a great school that I couldn't wait to move to Perth, a place I had never been to. My friends in Melbourne congratulated me on "moving up". From the moment I started teaching there, I knew I didn't belong.

After teaching at a western suburbs government school(not far from where I live now) in Melbourne for over three years, then two Catholic boys' colleges (very middle class) for ten years, I just didn't fit in. I was told to keep myself busy by the principal. Just didn't work. It was an expensive boarding/day school. I came from a very middle class family. My father was a mechanic. I worked in a factory during the summers to pay for my university. I was not only American, but I was also what they considered a Victorian. I barracked for a Melbourne club, though I joined West Coast to get in cheaper to games there. I've never felt so miserable in my entire life. I had taken a chance in 1975 and moved to a country 10000 miles away from home and adapted. This was different. Luckily I applied to Melbourne schools for 1990 and was accepted by another middle class Catholic boys' college. I am so glad that I didn't drag on my life in Perth.

If Adams doesn't feel like he fits into our club then best that he leaves and seeks another club. I really wish him well.

Last edited:
Reasons against Crows:
A - have no cap space
B - Port won't trade with them
C - Chad hates the Crows

Everyone hates the Crows, even their own officials ? Why else would you have organised ‘that camp’ ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone hates the Crows, even their own officials ? Why else would you have organised ‘that camp’ ??
I did not hate the Crows in last year's Grand Final. I hate the fact that they lost.:mad:

So you hate the Crows, proves my point :p
No. I don't hate them. I hate that they lost. Of course the 1997/98 Crows are a different matter entirely, so I guess you're kinda right. :D

Barrett: "Is there a statement being sent to Tom?" re: other retirements of the rat pack...

Barrett: "Is there a statement being sent to Tom?" re: other retirements of the rat pack...
If he thinks that professional football clubs motivate their players by firing that player's friends, then he's a bigger w***er than i thought.

ws3OTCNC_bigger.jpg
NAB AFL Trade Radio‏Verified account @traderadio 2h2 hours ago

Adam Cooney believes Tom Liberatore has been saved by his famous surname. Will he still be at the Bulldogs next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back