What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love how Bevo pauses before saying it like "should i?"

Not sure where this should go so will post it here. SEN yesterday had an hour long discussion with Ben Hart on his days with the Crows. Cam across as a good and genuine bloke. They asked him about Libba's shot in the 97 prelim. He said he was playing back and in his opinion it was a point or going over the post. Based on listening to him I formed the view he is an honest and reliable person but for obvious reasons I will continue to believe it was a goal. Just relaying what he said.

Not sure where this should go so will post it here. SEN yesterday had an hour long discussion with Ben Hart on his days with the Crows. Cam across as a good and genuine bloke. They asked him about Libba's shot in the 97 prelim. He said he was playing back and in his opinion it was a point or going over the post. Based on listening to him I formed the view he is an honest and reliable person but for obvious reasons I will continue to believe it was a goal. Just relaying what he said.

He would say that. Even the most honest people still lie to themselves. I was there and it went straight through the middle.

He would say that. Even the most honest people still lie to themselves. I was there and it went straight through the middle.

The ball literally flicked the top of the goal umpires hat. I remember it clearly - the hat dislodged, flipped several times in the air and landed perfectly back on the head of said umpire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are. We're the most honest, tough team and we're the best in the league at defence
Absolutely. Sort that forward line out and we'll be an absolute force, don't think we're far off clicking up forward either, just need a few guys back and some continuity up there, easier said then done tho.

In relation to "The Ride" Part 2.

I asked the producer if there is a date of an expected release, and this was his reply.

"Not exactly as just don't want to put something out and then think we could have done more."

I asked the producer if there is a date of an expected release, and this was his reply.

"Not exactly as just don't want to put something out and then think we could have done more."
This could be a very dangerous mindset to have. It could lead to something great, but it could lead to a situation where they keep going "Oh we should change this!" And it never gets done.

Whether you are one or work with them, the first rule of working with creatives is to set a deadline.

Oh...look over there something shiny!

Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge has devised a plan to stop Patrick Dangerfield and Joel Selwood
SAM LANDSBERGER, Herald Sun
May 15, 2017 8:00pm
Subscriber only
WESTERN Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge has devised Operation: Dangerwood — a plan to shutdown Geelong’s champion midfield pair.

It was activated in Round 19 last year and proved the template to helping stop the Cats, until it was sabotaged by injuries. Geelong remains the only team Beveridge is yet to defeat.

Beveridge deployed Tom Liberatore on Patrick Dangerfield and Jack Macrae on Joel Selwood with head-to-head match-ups as the Dogs threatened to snap a 14-year Simonds Stadium losing streak.

But when Liberatore (ankle) and Macrae (hamstring) went down with blows that ended their home-and-away seasons, Dangerfield overpowered Clay Smith and Lin Jong to kick three goals and propel Geelong to victory.

7fcca40a28dc014121698c02ef5079f9

Tom Liberatore could be set for the job on Patrick Dangerfield again. Picture: Michael Klein
The Dogs return on Friday night for a rematch at the redeveloped Simonds Stadium and the opportunity to inflict four straight Geelong losses for the first time since 2006.

With Liberatore and Macrae fit — and captain Bob Murphy, ruckman Jordan Roughead, forward Tory Dickson and midfielder Mitch Wallis available — the Cats are underdogs with TAB for the first time in 28 matches.

The Dogs are expected to travel on Thursday and spend the night in Torquay, treating it like an interstate trip as they did last year.

It was a small sample, but in Liberatore’s 35 fit minutes last year he was on world-record pace with 17 disposals.

In the 15 minutes Liberatore lined up on Dangerfield he won the disposal count 12-3.

Beveridge said his tactics worked.

“(Libba had a) pretty decent impact. He was playing on Dangerfield (and) we know how good a player he is,” Beveridge said after the 25-point loss.

77b4d876692e7cf7350d270769d2c7f4

Patrick Dangerfield should expect close attention from the Bulldogs again. Picture: Wayne Ludbey
“Not only was he stopping his influence, but he was having a significant impact for us. So (losing him) was a bit of a blow, and Jack Macrae was playing on Joel Selwood.

“Joel I think had nine handballs to halftime and hadn’t had a kick or something. Jack was almost as influential as Tom.

“We felt like we had enough control around the ball and they were significant players in our plans we had to make some adjustments with afterwards.”

Liberatore, who registered just one kick last week, proved the key loss.

When he went down the Dogs were dominating inside 50s, breaking even at clearances and leading on the scoreboard.

ec4c1b86e12f6f1ffbeeb03aa72f748e

The Cats have lost three games in a row. Picture: Wayne Ludbey
Champion Data on Sunday revealed that since 2012 Dangerfield has faced a direct opponent for 15 minutes on 237 occasions.

None were as dominant as Liberatore last year. Beveridge was “tremendously proud” of his brave Dogs last year and believed their undermanned win against North Melbourne the following week fuelled the premiership run.

He hinted the early travel would return to prevent players spending hours behind the wheel before taking the field

“Forever and a day while I’m coaching the Bulldogs if we’re playing Geelong at Geelong we’ll do the same thing,” Beveridge said.

“We think it worked for us. We’ll keep doing that if we play the Cats down here.”

v2

campaign.json

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back